Thursday, 2 April 2015

March 2015 Favourites.


 It's been ages since I last did a monthly favourites round-up, simply because I hadn't bought any new products in so long. I was on a spending ban in February and managed to not buy anything new (yay me!) but this month I've tried lots of new goodies out so thought it would be great to do a little post showing the faves, just in case any of you haven't had a chance to check out the reviews that I've been posting!

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Starter Kit - this stuff has really been a life saviour and I cannot recommend it enough for those of you with spot-prone skin. I've been really suffering with my skin lately (those of you who follow me on twitter will know this as it's all I go on about) and it was really upsetting me. I didn't feel confident at all and would have to wear a full face of makeup on a daily basis, even if I was just popping to the shops or going to the gym. This kit features possibly some of the best products I've ever purchased. I've been using it for almost four weeks now and my skin is so much clearer; the spots have practically vanished! Using this leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and looking significantly clearer. I have even been wearing just concealer and powder - something I would never have done four weeks ago. For a full, in-depth review click here.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - anyone else love watching YouTube tutorials to learn lots of tips and tricks? That's what I have been doing over the past month and one item I saw recurring across the board was the Beauty Blender. This one is multi-functional so can be used to blend foundation, the tip for contouring and the flatter side (not pictured) to highlight. It's now a regular go-to in my beauty routine and I love it. Your makeup looks so natural after using this.

MAC Violetta Lipstick - the absolutely perfect shade for spring/summer that will brighten up your mood no matter what! I had this for Christmas and it's only really this month that I've had the opportunity to wear it just because the weather has finally started to improve. It's safe to say it's amazing and is definitely going to become a summer staple. It's a bright purple shade - so not great for those of you who aren't as adventurous - and it really is gorgeous.


Bare Minerals Powder Foundation - I purchased this as I was constantly wearing my trusty Double Wear foundation and, while it is my absolute fave, I felt that it was just too heavy to wear on a daily basis and was worried that it was contributing to my horrendous break outs. Since wearing Bare Minerals my skin has cleared considerably and I feel like upping my skincare regime and wearing a lighter foundation has really helped. I love this foundation as it feels light but also gives a fab coverage so it still covered the blemishes. It's going to be my staple summer foundation for sure.

Chanel Chance Perfume - my father works away in Canada and he came home this week after three months with some perfect gifts for me, one of which was this gorgeous perfume. Firstly I love the pretty pink bottle and it blends perfectly with my bedroom but the smell is amazing. It's really light and floral (my favourite type of scent) and it's perfect for spring/summer.


Sunkissed Rapid Tan* - I've been partying a lot recently (the last few weeks of enjoyment before the deadlines kick in!) and have been consistently getting my tan on. The Rapid Tan* by Sunkissed is great because it takes just an hour to develop and set so great for spontaneous plans, although I personally prefer building it over a few days to get a deeper, more golden look. It's got me so excited for summer too. I've said it before and I'll say it again - life is better with a tan! For a more insightful review click here.


Dusty Girls Pink Ladies Blush* - now that Spring is (supposedly) here I love to spruce up my look with a hot pink blush and this beauty from Moogoo is just the ticket. It leaves your cheeks looking rosy without being over the top and works fabulously with a contour for an evening look too. I've done a full review here but I think this is one product you'll see popping up on my blog quite often over the summer months. 

What have you been loving this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

33 comments:

  1. Lovely post lady, amazing photography and the products look amazing. I love Chanel Chance, such a classic scent isn't it. The dusty girls blush looks stunning too :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! So chuffed with the photography compliment as I've been working hard on it so that has made my day! :) Yes it's so beaut and you should definitely try the blush - would suit you perfectly xx

      Delete
  2. MAC Violetta is so gorgeous!

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favourites! I'm so tempted by bareMinerals as my everyday foundation is Double Wear too, but part of me just doesn't want to believe that the coverage would be good enough - need to give it a try! Also that Chanel perfume bottle is so cute

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex :) You should definitely try it.. it's surprising how amazing it is. I do still wear concealer on some areas though for a little extra coverage but it's fab xx

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about the Real Techniques make up sponge, I found mine under my bed after several months (lol) and used it after washing it of course the other day, my foundation looked flawless and it applied quickly too.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's lucky to find it haha! I'm so impressed by it!! xx

      Delete
  5. The Clinique kit is a life saver isn't it!! I love the anti blemish gel when I have a pesky breakout

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :) I'm wearing the Anti Blemish gel now and it's quite tingly so I'm hoping it's working!! xx

      Delete
  6. That MAC lipstick is everything! What a stunning colour.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't live without my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, it makes applying foundation so easy and I swear my foundation looks a million times better using it! xx

    www.secretsofarose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's amazing isn't it? :) So glad I bought it! xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous favourites, Violetta looks absolutely stunning I’m just a little scared that I couldn’t pull this shade off. Chanel Chance sounds gorgeous, and I love the packaging it’s so chic :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really bright but I'm sure you could :) it's so nice too - very spring like! xx

      Delete
  9. I don't have any Chanel perfume but I would love to add some to my collection.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats on the spending ban! I don't think I could go for a month without buying anything (oops!) so that is truly amazing! My skin has been a nightmare recently, so that 3-step clinque collection is definitely something I'll have to look into. Also, I love the shade of that MAC lipstick. Though, I doubt I would be daring enough to wear it outside of the comfort of my own home haha. I would love to see how you style that lipstick though...it may even inspire me to be bold and do the same :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Gonna try and do the same through April and May then treat myself at the end of university hehe. It's amazing - you should definitely try the Clinique stuff. Ooh I will have to look into doing a makeup look then! Great idea :) thank you xxx

      Delete
  11. That lipstick shade is amazing! Also love the Chanel perfume, it's a favourite of mine as well xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab! And the perfume is gorgeous isn't it?! xx

      Delete
  12. Now I see why they're your favourites! They're becoming mine too, thanks for sharing! :D

    Lazy Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your faves:) I need to get a beauty blender as well heard so many good reviews to::and chanel chance is simply stunning you really cannot go wrong with this:) when I was working at chanel I would spritz myself in this all the time: well done for not spending though x

    Laura @ Liberty loves makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try one :) Oh wow, would love to work at Chanel - you'd smell fabulous! xx

      Delete
  14. That Chanel perfume is my favorite too! And I love that lipstick, it looks amazing!

    Lifestyle Funxion

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS