Wednesday, 22 April 2015

My Favourite Things About Blogging.

Lately I feel like I have really found my blogging mojo and it's safe to say I love it. I feel like I finally know what to post, and when, I know what my strengths are and play up to these and have been working really hard on improving my weaknesses (such as my photography). In fact, I have received lots of lovely comments regarding my photos lately, which makes me think these have improved. I've posted content that before I would have been too nervous to post and have branched out into different areas of the blogging world, such as lifestyle and fitness. I've even started sharing my blog more frequently and have been participating a lot more via social media and chatting to lots of lovely new ladies and getting to know lots of new bloggers. I guess you could say I've found my place in the blogging community and it feels pretty darn good.

It's made me realise that I have an absolute love for blogging; one that before was perhaps only fulfilled half heartedly. I'll admit I was worried about what people would think about me when I first started blogging but now? Honestly, it doesn't bother me whatsoever. I absolutely love doing it. I love interacting with likeminded people, I love filling my little space on the web with my random ramblings, I love taking photographs and I love reading and getting to know other people too.


We Heart It
For today's post I thought I would share with you the things I love most about blogging and the blogosphere. It's typical that this adoration for blogging and everything surrounding it has come at the time when I have a dissertation to write and two other assignments to focus on! But hey ho.. It's quite a list but I'm sure lots of you other lovely bloggers can relate to!

1. The Blogging Community - first and foremost I love how many friendships I have formed and how many genuinely lovely people I have met through the blogging community. It's great to chat with likeminded people who share my love for all things beautiful and I really feel as though I've grown quite close to a lot of bloggers in the recent weeks. My friends and family get bored of my harping on about makeup and shopping every hour of the day so chatting with other bloggers via Twitter and social media is ideal. Everyone is also really lovely and friendly too. While some people talk about the negative side of the blogging community, for me it's been nothing but positive and it's allowed me to reach out and talk to people that I may have never crossed paths with before.

2. Seeing my confidence grow - I always remember my first blogger meet up. It was a Benefit event in Bristol (which was amazing btw) and I was absolutely terrified. It was in a really swanky bar and I made my dad come inside with me because I was too scared to go it alone. What's more, everyone in the bar was dressed so smartly in suits and ties and my dad rocked up in a fleece and crocs! (*mortifying*) Since then I've been to a variety of different events and, while I do still get slightly nervous, it's more of an exciting feeling! Before I would never have gone to anything like this alone and since then I've attend blog events and meet ups across Wales and even in London all by myself, which is something I would never have done two years ago. Blogging has made me so much more self-confident and now I really look forward to going to new places and trying new things.

3. Learning lifelong skills - as a wannabe journalist blogging has been invaluable and has taught me so many important skills that I know will benefit me in my chosen career path. I started blogging for enjoyment and still blog for that same reason, but I have really noticed just how much it has taught me in terms of communicating with other people, working with brands and it has tremendously improved my writing skills. While I usually write whatever I want, I do often put my journalist hat on and it's great to see how much these skills have improved along the way!

4. Writing and Photography - I have always loved writing. When I was a little girl I used to write stories in notebooks and would write newspaper and magazine articles, and now blogging is an outlet where I can really write my socks off! It has really affirmed that love that I've always had, but it has also introduced me to my newfound love of photography. Now I absolutely love taking photographs and am snapping wherever I go. When my boyfriend, Dan, bought me a digital camera for my 21st little did he know that I would soon be taking it everywhere and that he would be roped into taking photographs too. I really love it and it's something I have seen improve in the last few weeks.

5. Looking at the world differently - anyone else notice that since they started blogging they look at the world in a completely different light? Whereas before the weekends were all about going out and getting drunk with my friends, now I would much rather have a night in with my boyfriend or family, or would much rather spend the day visiting somewhere new and embracing the beautiful places that we live in. It seems that the world is coloured with an Instagram filter these days and, as soppy as it sounds, everything is so much more beautiful. Now I look for the beauty in everything and I've honestly realised who and what is important since I started blogging and for that I am seriously grateful.

6. Seeing my blog grow - I agree that blogging is not all about stats, and I didn't even consider building up a following until a few months into it, but when you see your blog grow from having one follower to almost nine hundred you can't help but get excited! It makes me so happy and grateful to know that people enjoy reading my content and it really spurs me on to be even more creative and to blog even more! It just makes me realise that blogging is great because it also enlightens those around you. Even if I am blogging about my favourite lipsticks or rambling on about the clothes I want to buy in River Island, if someone else enjoys reading it too then that's just perfect, isn't it?

What are your favourite things about blogging?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

45 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post Jessie (I am actually drafting up a similar one myself) it's incredible what blogging - which is effectively a simple hobby - can do for people. Totally agree with every point, but especially the blogging community, confidence & writing/photog skills. Great post hun! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Ellie - so glad you like it! :) It really has changed my life for the better and getting to meet lovely people has been amazing. xx

      Delete
  2. I love your little Christmas tree you have on your desk! Who says you have to take them down after Christmas?!
    Your blog is lovely - I love reading it. I also find the photography part challenging as I have no clue what I'm doing! The writing is the most fun part for me, who doesn't love a good ramble.
    Leah xx

    leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't actually my desk - it's a photo from We Heart It - but it is super cute isn't it? :) Thanks so much Leah, I'm so happy you like my blog! :D Yes same, I'm useless with the technology side of things so just take photos and hope for the best. xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post lovely :-) Couldn't agree more than the points you have listed above. It is really amazing the effects blogging has on people - both the blogger themselves and the readers - I think it humbles people and brings them back down to Earth.

    Great post as always!


    LL | CAUTIVAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren :) I definitely agree with that! It's done me the world of good. xx

      Delete
  4. Really lovely post! I definitely agree with he first one, the blogging community in incredible and I've made some great friends from being a part of it! + I definitely see what you mean about seeing the world differently, I've definitely changed my priorities and I definitely am a lot more grateful for everything I have x
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I'm so glad you liked it :D I'm a lot more grateful too, it makes you feel so much more passionate about life in general haha! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely post! I agree with so much of this! Particularly the community - it's been so much more amazing than I ever expected. Looking at the world differently! Oh definitely this one too! Safe to say I don't think I ever want to go back to a life without blogging!

    Soph x | www.avenuedesophie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie - so happy you enjoyed reading it :) I definitely couldn't live without blogging now either.. it's like it's a part of us haha! xx

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely post. And like you I was always writing as a child, I wrote numerous 'stories' haha...now I just stick to makeup!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! :) Haha, I used to write so many stories - mainly about animals and horses haha! xx

      Delete
  7. Ah this was such a lovely post! I agree about the whole community.. you can never feel lonely as there's always someone to chat to on Twitter! it's amazing xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma :) that means a lot! Exactly - there's always someone to talk to and always someone who will be there. xx

      Delete
  8. Great post! I agree with you in everything! I specially love the community, I've met some amazing people and it never ceases to amaze me how helpful people are!
    I'd also add the opportunity to go to amazing events and do things you'd never think you'd do! I got the chance to try out wedding dresses at an inauguration, it was magical and I'll be posting the event on Friday, it was great fun!
    xx
    Ingrid www. ingridhughes .com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid :) i definitely agree, the blogging community is really fabulous. That sounds amazing, I'll definitely have to check out your post! xx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post - I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I think your images are beautiful and I ADORE your chair - Pinterest worthy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! It's actually a photo from Pinterest so maybe that's why haha ;) xx

      Delete
  10. Great post!
    Sometimes the blogging community can be absolutely great, but you will see, eventually the seedy underbelly/high school drama will pop out and you will be disgusted. However, maybe you will be lucky and never see it for yourself! -fingers crossed-

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame that you feel that way. I have seen some drama etc on Facebook but personally everyone has always been lovely to me :) thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  11. I think my favourite thing about blogging is meeting new people and bloggers! I made so many friends through blogging and it's amazing to meet people from all walks of life. :) People thing that blogging is so easy - it really isn't when you're thinking of how much time and effort it takes! ;) I love it though!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love meeting new people :) It's crazy how many people you meet who are so similar to you. And yes, omg it is such hard work!! But worth it though, of course :) xx

      Delete
  12. Such an amazing post! I have to agree though the best thing is meeting new bloggers, everyone motivates each other and it's like an amazing family!

    Love Amie <3

    thecurvaceousvegan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie :D yes definitely! I feel that family vibe xx

      Delete
  13. Aww Jessie this post made me feel all happy inside! These are definitely all my favourite things about blogging too. Our blog is very much my baby and when I'm not working on it I'm thinking about it! It's not my only hobby but it's by far my favourite one.
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's lovely of you, thanks Rebecca :) yes I definitely agree. It's so much fun and so rewarding xx

      Delete
  14. Aww, this is a lovely post. My fave thing about blogging is definitely the people that I have met, friendships formed and the skills gained through it. It's so rewarding when you see your blog grow from strength to strength. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie :) it really is rewarding! xx

      Delete
  15. This is such a lovely, positive post and I agree with all of your points. :) I know what you mean about seeing things differently too. Blogging has made me want to travel so much more and discover new places, even if it's just a city in the UK that I've never been to before. x

    daydreamkatie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Katie :) Yes!! There are so many places I want to visit since I have started blogging. xx

      Delete
  16. Your desk area is just lovely! For me, the best bits of blogging is creating content I feel proud of, and also having new experiences and doing things I wouldn't get to do without my blog!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised it isn't your actual desk area - whoops! Still, lovely picture choice though!!

      Delete
    2. Haha thank you Milly! I do wish it was my desk area - desk goals for sure haha. Yes there are so many experiences that you gain from blogging definitely :) xx

      Delete
  17. Such a positive post love it! Blogging is my hobby and I love it to relax after work

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) it's a great way to chill xx

      Delete
  18. I love this post its lovely! I agree, i enjoy writing more and i too have learnt how to take nice photographs!

    Kirsty Leigh ♡ // A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty - so happy you like it! xx

      Delete
  19. I'm so glad that you've found your blogging mojo! You have a lovely blog you know! The community is the best thing about blogging for me. I think this post is great and I might take some inspiration from it and write something positive! Xx

    ♥ Carly's Beauty World - A UK Hair, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Carly! I've always been a huge fan of your blog :) please let me know if you write anything - would love to have a read xx

      Delete
  20. Aww, this is such a great piece <3. I love how much blogging has taught me time management, writing & photoshop skills and the blogging community is so tight-knit and beautiful 3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) i love the blogging community too and time management is a big skill I've learnt! xx

      Delete
  21. I love this post and I have definitely seen your blog grow in the process too! I am glad you feel more comfortable sharing your posts now because the world deserves to read your great content :) I have loved your blog since the first day I read it and I still love it now. You are one of the nicest bloggers I have ever met and I am glad you feel confident in it now! Xx

    Jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jess, this has really made my day! :) I'm tearing up here haha! Thank you so so much. I am so happy that I have made a lovely friend like you through blogging. xx

      Delete
  22. This is such a cute and lovely post, I love the picture!

    Lifestyle Funxion

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely post, all your posts are! Blogging has made me look at things differently as well, see the good and beautiful in the world as cheesy as it sounds! Same as above, but your blog has been on point and keeps getting better and better!! Very inspiring :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS