Tuesday, 28 April 2015

NOTD | Mermaid Nails.

A fresh mani-pedi is always a must for the summer. You can't cover up your fingers and toes in gloves and boots and it's always nice to experiment with bright, fluorescent and shimmery shades after wearing dark reds and greys for the past few months. 

One of my favourite things to do in the summer time is to mix and match my favourite polishes to create a fabulous new look, and that's exactly what I've done this week to create what I like to call "Mermaid Nails". Using Greenberry and Catwalk Queen from Barry M I have found the combination that creates the most perfect turquoise shimmer that is ideal for any summer party!
I firstly apply a clear polish to ensure the bright green polishes don't stain my nails and then apply Greenberry. This is a gorgeous turquoise colour that looks really beautiful on its own. It's from the Gelly range that Barry M offers and this is one of my favourite ranges as the polishes are nice and thick and resemble that of a gel polish done in a salon. They come out super opaque so you only need one coat and they are really long lasting.

Greenberry looks perfect on its own but for that little extra punch I decided to experiment with using Catwalk Queen over the top. From the Glitterati range, this is one of my favourite ever polishes. It's also really opaque and requires just one coat to give a full glitter effect. The polishes are similar in colour hues and I thought they would create the perfect finish - and I think I was right!

The result was a gorgeous, shimmery turquoise which I believe replicated that of a mermaid tail. I absolutely love it! I've had so many lovely compliments from people about how nice they look and this will definitely be my go-to combination over the summer months.

What are your favourite summer shades?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

32 comments:

  1. Greenberry is one of my favourite colours, so bright and perfect for Spring/summer. Love the effect of the glitter over the top too :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a gorgeous shade isn't it? Thanks lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous! I love Barry M varnishes, the colours are so pigmented and last for ever! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! Yes I agree :) they are so good xx

      Delete
  3. They are so pretty!

    Sophie - from www.thatpalegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty colour! I absolutely love the way you have mixed the two to create this look, the glitter is a lovely finishing touch!

    Ellie-Victoria.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie :) they work so well together! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such an amazing nail look :) Looks gorgeous.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous colour! Definitely want to try it out :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colour - these greens look so good on nails x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colour combo! I am so ready for summer!!

    www.bellaraeblabber.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! OMG me too. I want the warm weather back! xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh that is the PERFECT colour I haven't seen anything as dreamy and vibrant before xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beauty! It's so pretty isn't it? xxx

      Delete
  10. Love, love, love!
    The 'greenberry' is one of my favourite shades to opt for, especially for the summer. Compliments a tan so perfectly; and, also really makes your true, inner mermaid shine through ;-)

    LL | www.cautivar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beauty! It definitely compliments a tan :) Haha, anything to bring out the inner mermaid ;) xx

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous colour! - and your ring is lovely!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! It's a Pandora ring, I had it from my auntie and mum for my 21st birthday. xx

      Delete
  12. gorgeous nails! might have to try these out some time xx

    http://vanilladrxps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! If you do try them out let me know :D xx

      Delete
  13. These nails look so lovely and remind me so much of mermaids! Lovely post doll x

    Jess | Lipsticks and Law

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO PRETTY!!! <3 I'd love to try the glittery coat over a royal blue or bright purple as well. Bet that would ace! :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with this - I definitely need to re-create! The colours are so beautiful and spring-like :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with this - I definitely need to re-create! The colours are so beautiful and spring-like :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This really is so pretty. It's definitely a shade that a mermaid would wear! x

    daydreamkatie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that colour! Ideal for Spring and Summer :)

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so pretty!

    Paiges :) - www.paigespreferences.com xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS