Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Review | Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.

Spring is officially here! Yay!! I don't think anyone understands just how happy this makes me. I hate the winter and spring time is always welcomed into my life, despite it being the time when I always have deadlines or exams. The last few days I have woken up to gorgeous sunny weather, which makes me so happy, and now that the sun is (hopefully) here to stay it's time to embrace it with both your wardrobe and beauty stash. 

Today's review is on the gorgeous Chanel Chance Eau Tendre perfume, which is my new go-to summer fragrance. My dad works away in Canada and he brought this home for me when he came home to visit last month and I instantly fell in love. It was featured in my March Favourites (read all about it here) but I feel like the favourites are just a quick snippet of what I'm loving and you can't really go into much detail, so it's always nice to do an in depth review afterwards. 

Firstly, the packaging is just beautiful. It's simple, classy, elegant and everything a Chanel perfume should be. The circular shaped bottle has a slight pink hue so it looks great on display in my bedroom - particularly at this time of year - and it's not too bulky or heavy so blends in nicely. It's rather lightweight too so ideal for chucking in your hand bag if you feel like giving yourself a little spritz throughout the day. 

The smell is my favourite thing about the perfume (well, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be a great perfume now, would it?!) as it so soft and light and flowery. It contains notes of my favourite kind including Jasmine and Grapefruit-Quince and rounded off with White Musk to create a combination that is fruity yet floral, and it has a little zest but is not overpowering in the slightest to leave your skin smelling soft and feminine. I love fruity, zingy smells as well as a little flower power, and I believe that the Chance Eau Tendre combines them both elegantly to achieve a smell that is fresh and light whilst still giving something that tickles the nostrils' fancy!

It's also very long-lasting too. I spritz it all over, particularly on the wrists and around my collar bones, before work and am constantly receiving comments on how nice it is. That's the best thing about perfumes for me, when people compliment you on how nice you smell. It lasts all the way through the day also so that's great. I love to lightly spritz it onto scarves and items of clothing to ensure the smell lingers.

Finally, the price. This costs £46 for 35ml which is rather pricey but quite similar to other products on the market. If I'm honest I always splurge on perfumes and find that the best ones really are the most pricey; you're paying for quality here over quantity. I would pay the £46 price tag to repurchase this though as it's just lovely, but totally understandable that it may be a little out of some people's price range. Luckily for me this was a gift so I can enjoy it without tugging on those purse strings!

All in all this is a lovely summer fragrance which will be worn on a daily basis throughout the spring and summer months by me. I just love everything about it. 

What are your favourite summer fragrances?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this perfume as well - it's amazing and I love how different it is to other Chanel perfumes. I find some of them a bit heavy.
    Leah xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful isn't it? Yes it's nice and light!! xx

      Delete
  2. I sniffed this in Selfridges the other day and have since regretted not purchasing it! Gorgeous isn't it :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, you'll have to go back and pick it up hehe! xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to pick this up again-its an old fave!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when Spring comes round, and I’ve been looking forward to this review since seeing it in your favourites :) I have to agree the packaging is just so beautiful, and I love the sound of the scent, anything floral is always bound to be a winner with me :) I really want to pick this up in Duty Free when I go on my jollies :) Fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you hun! :) So happy you liked the review! This sounds right up your street, it's beautiful! So jealous you're off on holiday - have an amazing time xx

      Delete
  5. I need to go out and smell this one now! Love spring perfumes.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to try a Chanel perfume they smell amazing! this one sounds perfect as I love fruity scented perfumes, tempted to try this myself :)

    Melissa xx || www.melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to smell this, it sounds exactly like my kind of scent, especially grapefruit! But I used to work next to a Chanel counter and avoided it like the plague haha, I just knew where all my wages would end up! I think Im just going to have to face my fears and give it a sniff! :)

    Eloise x
    mallowbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chanel perfumes are so amazing! And they last for a long time on the skin too! I love the Mademoiselle one, it's so good!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this scent, it's such a fresh, feminine fragrance that's effect for S/S!

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS