Friday, 17 April 2015

Review | Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel.

A little while ago I was in a break out nightmare. My skin was going crazy with massive, nasty pimples popping up left, right and centre and I decided that it was time to give my face a complete skincare overhaul. I headed into Debenhams and was recommended the Anti-Blemish Solutions skincare range from Clinique, so I picked up the starter pack and gave it a good go. The results have been phenomenal and you can see my full review here.

The bulk of my breakouts have now disappeared - and I swear it's down to having a wondrous skincare regime and not drinking any alcohol - but I am still left with an unwanted arrival of a a pesky blemish now and again; they always seem to creep up when I'm feeling a little stressed (I blame it on the dissertation). I wanted something to combat those blemishes in a speedy, fuss-free manner and I had been recommended by lots of beauty bloggers to try the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. I've been trying it for the past two weeks now and it's safe to say I'm impressed!

Clinque recommends that you apply this product twice daily after cleansing and that's what I've been doing. I do the usual skin care regime of cleansing, toning and moisturising and then I pop this product on afterwards. It comes out in a thin gel which is quite runny and a little really goes along way. I literally squeeze out a little blob and that's enough to cover the areas I need to. It says you can either apply it in a thin layer all over the face or just on targeted areas. 

I've been doing the latter and applying directly onto any blemishes that rear their ugly heads. I wouldn't want to put it all over the face because quite frankly it stings. For me it instantly gives off a tingling feeling and my face is left feeling quite tight when it dries and sets. That feeling doesn't last a long time though and the tingling wears off, but to be honest I quite like it as I feel it's doing its job!
The results for me have been brilliant. Some days I will wake up with an unwanted blemish right in the centre of my face and by the next day - through using a solid skin care regime and adding on this bad boy - it has disappeared! It's like a miracle product honestly, although you can be left with a little red mark from where it's been initially but this too clears up over the next few days and can be easily covered with some concealer. 

I'll be honest, the product is rather pricey at £14 for the teeniest bottle of 15ml, but it is worthwhile if you suffer from spots like me and, like I said, a little really does go a long way. I hate having spots and it makes me feel so unconfident but with the Clinique's Anti Blemish Solutions range I've started to wear powders again instead of a thick, heavy base and can even get away with a bit of concealer and some bronzer now. That's something I never thought would happen!

The product I next want to try is one that combats acne scarring. I have a lot of red marks on my cheeks that have been left from previous spots which I want to get rid of. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Have you tried anything from the Anti-Blemish Solutions range?
What are your favourite skin care products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

16 comments:

  1. OMG I have a skin distress, especially during the pregnancy. My skin got so dry, my nails are breaking. ehhh I need something like that.

    Thank for that great review:-)

    Happy Friday
    Ewelina
    xoxox
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ewelina I didn't know you were pregnant! How exciting :D xx

      Delete
  2. great review !!! thanks :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product - I always slap it on whenever I feel a nasty spot brewing haha. I know what you mean about the smell/sting though - definitely couldn't put it all over!

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My face is on fire when I first apply it haha! It's so good though, it definitely works :D xx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried anything from Clinique before but this sounds like a good product, I suffer with spots a lot too, mainly hormonal but I've never really thought to do anything about them, until now. Thank you for this review, I think I want to go out and try this product and see how it works for myself.

    Hannah xo
    wink-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fabulous in terms of skincare - I can't recommend it enough! I'm so happy you liked the review, thanks so much xx

      Delete
  5. Clinique is easily one of my favourite brands for skin-care although I've come to find that some of their moisturisers do make me break-out if I use them too often.

    I've recently had a 'break out nightmare' as you said, but have since got it under control (thank you, lord) but, like you, am now suffering with blemishes - which I never have before - and I have/had no idea what to do about it. So with being a Clinique fan I think you've solved my problem and I shall now be purchasing this! Thanks so much for sharing - great blog too. :-)

    LL | www.cautivar.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, I absolutely love Clinique skincare! X www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gel is my all time fav! I absolutely love the starter kit as well, i've bought it all twice now! Haha. Clinique is definitely one of my favourite skin care brands. I'd recommend you to try Take The Day Off balm next - I purchased it on a whim but it has helped my skin so so much! xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try this! I love Clinique! https://emilyisabella-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven’t tried the anti-blemish gel in a while, as I’ve been using the S&G Dr Spot version. I think though I definitely need to re-invest hehe, I have to agree a little really does go a long way and the bottle lasts forever! Fab review hun :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a product I need right now! My skin is spot central!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this product but I haven't used it for a long time as I ended up with severe acne and had to take scary prescription drugs for it! It worked, but lately my skin's not been great again. The follow up cream I'm using from the doctors however, hasn't really worked very well so I'm going to dig this out of my drawer and apply it instead tonight. Thanks for the great review & reminding me about it!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I read about your review and it's so good :) I've tried clinique anti-blemish solution on http://www.webbline.com/clinique-anti-blemish-solutions-3-step-system/ and it is really good for my skin too! Love your blog BTW :D

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS