Friday, 24 April 2015

Review | Rimmel's 60 Second Top Coat Polish.

I am impatient. I like things to go according to plan and I hate to be left waiting (even though I'm always late for everything!) and one thing I certainly hate waiting for is for freshly painted nails to dry. It honestly is so boring and within seconds I find myself trying, and ultimately failing, to do something silly which involves me smudging my nails and having to start all over again.


Lately I've been trying out Rimmel's 60 Second Top Coat polish as I am desperate to find a top coat that will ensure that my nails dry instantly. I've been putting this to the test for the past few weeks and I have to say, it is rather good. I apply it before under the coloured polish - to avoid nasty stains - and on top in hope that it will combat my serious beauty blogging dilemma and make sure that my nails are bone dry within sixty seconds.

The polish itself is rather good. It's got a really nice consistency which applies neatly and quite thickly to the nails to ensure a sturdy application. I say "sturdy" because it almost forms a barrier so that no polish can get through onto the nails themselves and cause some staining. I like to wear bright, vibrant and almost fluorescent in the summer months, but this can often result in you looking as though you have been smoking about sixty cigarettes a day. Let's face it, it's not a good look; but this little bad boy helps to combat this problem.

In terms of a top coat it gives a lovely, glossy finish to the nails, similar to that of a professional manicure which I love. It's always nice to give yourself a little bit of extra TLC. It also makes the nail polish last so much longer too. I've had nail polish on for over a week and it's only now started chipping which is an absolute bonus for someone who hates the chore of painting their nails.

But does it dry your polish in sixty seconds? Sadly not. I would say that it took at least two minutes for my nails to dry completely and they do easily smudge or get imprinted upon even after that amount of time. However, I do love the finish it gives to the nails and I love that it helps prevent staining while lengthening the life of your polish too!

What are your favourite top coat polishes?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I hate waiting for my nails to dry too! I'm going to give this a go because it's been so long since I've been in the habit of painting my nails that I have lost the rest of my top coats! I will bear in mind that it needs more than sixty seconds though as I'm always trying to do something that involves my hands immediately after painting my nails too!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame this didn't work out, I love the rest of the range of Rimmel 60 seconds - but none of them live up to their name! Love the photo here, tulips are so gorgeous <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always dubious of top coats for this reason and never bother. But maybe I should for a nicer finish!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have a quick dry top coat as I am so impatient also hehe, this does sound like a great top coat and I love that it helps keep your nail polish on for longer :) It’s just sad to hear it’s not dry in 60 seconds, but do wanna pick this up and see how it compares to my trusty Seche Vite :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh my ears did prick when I heard about this product - waiting for nails to dry is one of the most agonising waits! Shame it doesn't quite work though :(

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS