Monday, 27 April 2015

Summer Shower Time with Yves Rocher*.

Yves Rocher is a brand that I hadn't heard very much about until recently when it started popping up all over the blogosphere. With lots of reviews of some gorgeous makeup products I was very keen to get my hands on some products, and was delighted when an e-mail popped into my inbox asking me if I'd like to try some to review on All Things Beautiful! I was actually recommended by the lovely Daisy who passed my details on, so a massive thank you to her and, if you haven't already, you should check out her blog because it's awesome!
Yves Rocher is a French beauty brand that was born in 1959 in a small village in Brittany. Originally shipped out from the creators home it has since expanded and is now used by ladies across the world. They offer skincare, makeup, shower products, haircare and even has a men's care range so there really is something for everyone. What's more is the brand prides itself in being kind to the environment and ensuring sustainable development and this is what I really love about it. A quote I particularly liked was "making women beautiful by keeping the planet beautiful" and Yves Rocher has done just that. The bottles are made from recycled material and the brand is completely against animal testing - always a thumbs up in my book. 

I got to try some of their bath and haircare products and I was very intrigued and excited to give them a go. They were the sort of products I had never tried before and, to be honest, had never even thought of trying so I couldn't wait to hop in the shower and give them a whirl. 
Low Shampoo Delicate Cleansing Cream* - this product is inspired by the no shampoo hair care regime used in the USA. It is a no-foaming shampoo so will not lather and contains no parabens, silicone, sulphates or colourings. It actually squeezes out like a moisturiser and smells like one too! I followed the instructions and used it all over my hair from root to tip and it was left feeling squeaky clean. I did like it but prefer something that has a bit of a lather as I like to feel like the girls in the Herbal Essences advert (haha! I wish!!). It does do its job though as your hair does feel nice and fresh after using. This costs £6.90 which is a teeny bit more than what I would want to pay for its quality if I'm being honest. 
Raspberry Rinsing Vinegar* - I had never even heard of this type of product before I received this little bottle in the post. It's a liquid that you use after shampooing to give your hair a lovely shine. I was worried that it would honk of vinegar - who wants vinegar smelling hair? Not me! - but it actually has a lovely fruity scent and there's no trace of the vinegar at all. Yves Rocher uses raspberry vinegar as it has "smoothing properties and the ability to eliminate mineral buildup" although I love it because it leaves me hair looking super shiny. For me I do use a conditioner also as I like my hair to feel nice and soft but this is the perfect addition to get that extra shine. It is £11.30 which is quite pricey but it is sure to last for a really long time as you don't need to use much and the bottle ensures there is no unnecessary wastage.
Monoi Precious Dry Oil* - I've never actually tried a dry oil before so was looking forward to putting this product to the test, although I was worried I wouldn't like it. You see, I hate oily products. I hate the feeling of my skin being all sticky and greasy but I needn't have worried as this beauty does not leave your skin feeling like that at all. Instead your left with a gorgeous scent and body parts that shimmer in the sunlight. The formula means that it sinks into the skin leaving you feeling soft and smooth, without a sticky residue. The little specs of shimmery pigments enhance your tan giving you a lovely golden glow. I will definitely be taking this with me on holiday as it would be the perfect addition to my beauty regime after a day in the sun. It is also paraben free and contains no mineral oils and comes in at a price of £14.90, but is sure to last you through the summer and beyond.
Monoi Lagoon Hair and Body Wash* - this Polynesian beauty from the Monoi range is by far my favourite product. It smells absolutely divine and is the epitome of summer body washes. It actually smells like a blue ice lolly - you know, the blue Mr. Freeze lollies that everyone used to have in school? - and I really love it. This lathers up nicely as you rub it all over the body and it leaves your skin feeling nice and soft and the smell lingers too. It can also be used as a shampoo so is a 2-in-1 that you can take on holiday with you to save on luggage allowance, but personally I would prefer to use this as a body wash as I'm quite fussy about what shampoos I use on my hair. It costs £3.20, which I believe is a brilliant price, and it is currently on offer so grab it while you can!

Overall I'm really impressed with this brand and their innovative range of products. I would say that I preferred the body care to the hair care but they really have something for everyone, and for every price range, and I really do love how they make women feel amazing whilst protecting the planet too. I'm very intrigued by their lipsticks, and these have been swiftly added to my wishlist so keep your eyes peeled for some more reviews soon!

Have you tried anything from Yves Rocher?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

20 comments:

  1. nice review thx for share
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2015/04/midi-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are so welcome!! I have been loving the products but I didn't actually realise the price of them (slightly more than I would probably pay too, I am a self confessed cheap skate!!) but I am really liking the rinsing vinegar and the smell is literally to die for!!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks babes :) yes they are a little more than I would pay too but they are really good.. I thought the shower gel was reasonably priced! Mmm, yes I love the smell too xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of Yves Rocher shower or bath products, but I absolutely love their lipsticks! The body wash sounds amazing, I know exactly the blue ice lolly you are talking about haha! The rising vinegar isn't something I've heard of before, but I'm really intrigued now! Great post Jessie xx

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you'll have to recommend some lipsticks for me to try :) it is so nice! Hahah i'm glad somebody understands what I'm on about. It is really good and gives a nice shine, just a bit of a strange product haha. Thank you Emily, I'm glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  4. The dry oil sounds lovely! I've tried some of their new makeup bits really and I was really impressed by them! :)

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice :) I really want to get my hands on some of their makeup products xx

      Delete
  5. Never heard of this brand but they sound absolutely gorgeous... May have to invest!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, you should definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  6. That hair vinegar sounds so intriguing! I studied in France for a semester and they had an Yves Rocher in the town centre but I always walked past it - wish I'd ventured in and tried out some products now!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really?! You should have popped into have a look! xx

      Delete
  7. Never tried this brand but their packaging is a win from me! Gorgeous blog design btw! X

    Chilled summer evening look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that gold oil looks so similar to the new Clarins one, but a lot cheaper! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your picks !! Amazing products

    Great post :)

    I love your blog design its gawjus !!

    New Post -> Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a wonderful day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS