Wednesday, 15 April 2015

The Perfect Pamper Night.


Gotta love a bit of alliteration in a post title - am I right? So yesterday I fiiiiinnnallly sent off the first draft of my dissertation, and boy did it feel good! I feel so sorry for my friends and those who follow me on twitter (@jessieann48) as the past two weeks all I've done is moan and tweet about how long it has been taking for me to get my dissertation into some sort of presentable order to send off to my supervisor (who is amazing btw) and finally yesterday it was sent. It's 98 pages! I feel so sorry for the poor soul who has to read through it all.

To celebrate being free of work for approximately two days I decided to treat myself to a little pamper night yesterday evening. It was well overdue. So after the gym with my friend and a yummy, healthy tea cooked by my momma I got ready for some much needed me time. Anyone else feel like alone time is often the best time? I love my own space and just having time to myself and a pamper evening is the best way to do that.

Firstly, I love a super hot shower to wash all the stress away. Honestly I feel like all my worries are slipping down the drain and in the shower is where I make all of my life decisions. Is anyone else the same?! I love to scrub my hair and temples and then it's time for a refreshing hair mask. I'm pretty useless at using hair masks religiously but I love the soft, fresh feeling of my hair afterwards and the Advanced Techniques Moroccan Argon Oil Mask is fab. It leaves your hair feeling silky smooth with a lovely shine to it. 

Before drying my hair I whap on a face mask and lather my body in lots of Coconut Body Butter from The Body Shop to leave my skin feeling as good as my hair. For the face mask I just love using one from Montagne Jeunesse as they are so cheap! They cost just £1 and come in a range of scents and styles to suit all skin types and they are so good. Initially your face seizes up so you look like something out of The Walking Dead, but after it's washed off with warm water your skin looks and feels amazing. It's bright and glowing and super soft also. This one is the Strawberry flavour and it smells delicious.

Then there's nothing better than a mani-pedi. Fresh hair, soft skin and now time for some pretty nails. Yesterday I thought I would go pretty in pink and opted to use some of my spring time shades that I featured in my recent Barry M Nails post. I also like to give my feet a little rub to get rid of any hard skin with the Ped Egg from JML and then pop on some fluffy socks for the ultimate cosy finish - who says I don't know how to party?

All snuggled up in my pjs, feeling and smelling great, it's time to light a candle (the Black Coconut Yankee Candle is just amazing) and simply relax. I never make time to relax and am constantly on the go so it's always a change to just sit down and do absolutely nothing useful with my time, even if that is fulfilling my guilty pleasure of watching Geordie Shore (don't judge!). 

Honestly, this is so well needed and I know how many of you beauty bloggers spend your lives constantly on the go and worrying - and I'm the exact same - so here's a little tip. Sit down, put your feet up, light those candles and get your favourite beauty must-haves out!

What are your top tips for a pamper night?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

27 comments:

  1. I love pamper nights! and all of these products a perfect! I love those face masks, even if I can't pronounce them!

    F x

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a pamper night! Haha I have no idea but they're so fab! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this candle, looks amazing.

    Amy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pretty much everything there! Especially the yankee candle and face masks

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love EVERYTHING !! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, sounds like the perfect night in! I love that Yankee candle, smells SO good. Enjoy.

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndsay - omg, amazing isn't it?! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh that candle sounds amazing!!! I love Yankee Candle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) you should definitely try this one! xx

      Delete
  7. I wish we had Yankee candles here in New Zealand. I hear people raving about these on YouTube aswell. One day soon I hope......
    Follow me arounnd | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always assumed they were available everywhere? Oh that's such a shame they are gorgeous - hopefully you will one day xx

      Delete
  8. Oh lord, that Yankee candle is stunning isn't it? Anything coconut and I am so there! (The Body shop butter is also my fave scent) The ped egg sounds amazing - slightly gross in a "feet" way - but amazing :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm.. it's gorgeous! I love coconut too :) haha it is quite gross but your feet feel fabulous afterwards :D xx

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the Body Shop's body butters, nothing makes my skin feel more nourished! x

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm yes me too! And they all smell so good! xx

      Delete
  10. Omgosh Yankee black coconut sounds INCREDIBLE! :) Well done with submitting your draft, you deserve several pamper evenings! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous Karen - you should SO try it! :D Aww thank you, its such a relief xx

      Delete
  11. I'm the same with making all important decisions in the shower haha. It's literally where a lot of my ideas come from as well, crazy. I definitely agree that we all need a good pamper session from time to time, it does the world of good. xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo here Kirsty ;) haha I'm joking! We definitely do, you feel so much better afterwards! xx

      Delete
  12. I loved reading this post, yay for your first draft :) I remember writing my dissertation and it was such a killer so I feel your pain with it. I love the Montagne face masks such bargains yet really great quality :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I forgot to mention candles in my pampering post haha!! Love me a good Yankee candle :)

    Big fan of the pink nail polishes as well!! Barry M is a dream xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of the Ped Egg before?! It looks so strange hahaha but yet so enticing, I definitely want to pick one up for pamper evenings.

    Charlie CP x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely ADORE that Avon 360 hair range! I feel like it does not get enough credit at all - its fantastic!

    MAKE IT RAYNE

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yankee Candle Black Coconut is my absolute favourite! Have them all over my flat! :-)
    Lisa | www.luv-style.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS