Saturday, 18 April 2015

Week of Happiness 2 - A day out in Tenby.

Top - River Island | Jeans - Topshop | Shoes - River Island {similar} | Choker - Miss Selfridge 
If you read my blog on a regular basis you'll know that last week I started a Saturday series to inspire positivity and happiness to the world! It's basically a way to remember all the happy, little things that made me smile in the week and to hopefully make you guys smile too :) I think with all the negativity that goes on in this world it's definitely good to keep focused and positive!

This week has been a mixture of a week. It started off well as I finally submitted the first draft of my dissertation after spending the whole of the Easter break working on it and I dedicated Wednesday to having a day completely away from my assignments and to spend with my mum. I was so looking forward to it! That was until Wednesday morning came and my iPhone 6, which I've had for less than a month, decided to fall down the toilet!! It slipped out of my dressing gown pocket as I went to wash my face and with a splash that was the end of my phone's short life. 

It's safe to say I am devastated and after two days of being in rice it still won't work, but I was determined to enjoy the day anyway. At the end of the day, as much as I love it, it's just a phone and while it is super sad and so frustrating not to have a proper, working phone, especially as I waited about five months to get this one, I have to be grateful that it wasn't something far worse that happened and it's taught me to never combine a new iPhone with a fluffy dressing gown pocket again.
Cake and a coffee after heading around the shops - yum!
Anyhow, let's get back to the good stuff. My mum and I first headed to Narberth, which is a teeny market town in Pembrokeshire. It's filled with pretty shops that are full of little trinkets and gifts and candles - it's basically a bloggers' dream - and there were cute coffee shops too. We had a look around the different shops and I picked up some pretty items, before heading to have some cake and a drink in one of the coffee shops, although I was proud as I sort of stuck to my healthy diet and only ate the icing off the top of the cake.
The view of the harbour as you walk along the cliff-top road of North Beach.

After Narberth we headed off to Tenby. I'm sure lots of you will know about this beautiful little seaside town and it really is one of my favourite ever places; it's so picturesque! It has two beautiful sandy beaches, a pretty little harbour, lots of little shops, pubs and places to eat and there is so much to see and do. I have so many lovely memories of visiting here as a child and it's one of my family's favourite places to visit. 

Looking East towards Saundersfoot, Amroth and Pendine in Carmarthenshire.
Out of 5,000 photos this was the only one deemed blog-worthy.
We parked the car (and actually bumped into fellow beauty blogger, Rebecca, from Ohkalukalay - what a small world!) and then walked along the North Beach. Here you have a stunning view of the harbour and of the gorgeous, colourful town houses overlooking the sea. I would just love to live here one day. The sun was out in full force and the ripples in the sea glittered. It's really lovely. 

I love all the traditional sweet shops in Tenby.
View of St. Catherine's Island.
We then went into the town and had another nosey around the shops before heading through a little alley way towards South Beach. On the way we stopped in a little garden which overlooks St. Catherine's Island. This is a tidal island and it was reopened in 2014 for the first time since 1979. It has a little fort and offers activities.

Trying to pose - and failing.
The pretty houses and hotels along the promenade overlooking South Beach.
Then we headed along the promenade towards the end of South Beach. The view from here is always stunning and you can see Caldey Island, which is an island that has forty permanent residents and a beautiful monastery. The monks there farm the island and make a range of goodies from milk and cheese to perfume and toiletries. They also make the best chocolate ever.

We've made it - yay!
It was such a nice day and we sat down on a bench overlooking the sea for some time. Even though I'm always home I feel like I hardly get to spend much time with my mam because I'm either busy working or doing uni work or visiting friends or seeing Dan. It was really nice to just spend the day together and we didn't stop laughing!

Beautiful views as we sat down and took in the scenery - you can see Caldey Island from here.
After some delicious food in the Lifeboat Tavern - would definitely recommend - we headed home as the sun was setting. We decided to take the scenic route along the coast of Carmarthen Bay which passes through all the little towns and villages along the seafront. It takes a lot longer but it's so worth it and the weather was so nice it would be rude not to. 

A photograph taken from Amroth as we travelled home - you can see Tenby in the distance.
I came home and relaxed with my new Yankee Candle burning away. It was such a lovely day and ,despite my phone situation, I really enjoyed myself. It made me grateful once more for the beautiful part of the country I live in.

What have you been up to this week?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

44 comments:

  1. aww this looks like such a nice place :)
    i wish i had your figure lady! looking beautiful as ever

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lush :) Aww thanks hun.. I feel like I look rank in these photos so that's cheered me up a bit haha! Hope all is well with you beaut xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures, looks like such a peaceful bit of the country, along with some awesome weather! That is such a pain about the phone, I've dropped two down the toilet.. putting them in my back jeans pockets but they were old school Nokias so they usually revived themselves! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin! It really is gorgeous - so nice and quiet! Aww I know.. those Nokias were like the hulks of the phone world. iPhones are just shocking unfortunately :( xx

      Delete
  3. Aw lovely photos Jess! You look lovely. It's so nice to just have a day off and I'm glad you and your mam had a lovely day. This post just makes me realise how much I love Wales! xxx

    Eve ~ http://haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve! Glad you like them.. It was lush thank you! Ahh I know - beautiful isn't it? xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures, I would love to go there someday it looks so scenic!x

    Electra Violet ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really gorgeous! Would definitely recommend it if you want a quiet getaway xx

      Delete
  5. You look so lovely sweet, I always have fears that I’m gonna do that to my phone one of these days. Tenby looks so lovely, and you can never beat a traditional sweet shop ;)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Charlee! :) Ahh keep your phone away from the bathroom haha! It really is beautiful and their sweet shops are divine ;) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about your phone, I'd be truly devastated if that happened to me ha!
    Both of these places look so lovely! You're right, they do sound like a bloggers dream. And those colourful houses, oh my goodness, they look so pretty!
    Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    Soph x | www.avenuedesophie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely.. I know, I'm still devastated about it haha! :( Aww they are gorgeous.. the houses are so pretty :D thank you love xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love visiting Wales, I'm sure you know it but you're incredibly lucky to live there! I've visited Tenby once on holiday a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Someday I'm definitely going to go back! Sounds like you had a really nice day - it's always nice to spend time with your mum!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful isn't it? :) I am lucky! Thanks Rebecca, it was a lovely day xx

      Delete
  8. Ahh sounds like a lovely day, I love days out with my mum too! Gorgeous photos :) xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always lush to spend time with your mum isn't it? :) Thanks Tasha! xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Pics and Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de
    Gewinne ein Beauty Set im Wert von 130€ auf meinen Blog.
    Win a Beauty Set in the value of 130€ on my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing and so does that cake! x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish my week had been as adventurous as your mine was just work - home - work - home haha! I love your River Island top look the looks amazing!

    Kirsty Leigh| Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no! I hate weeks like that haha - thanks Kirsty! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photos and such a bummer about your phone, I know it's not the worst thing that could happen, but still. Good for you for having such a positive outlook on it!

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Naomi :) Aghh it is so frustrating but there's nothing I can do now boohoo :( just hope it can get repaired through insurance xx

      Delete
  13. Such a stunning outfit, so in love with it. The prefect smart casual look :) Such a shame about your phone, the same happened to me 2 days before Xmas. I was so so gutted but you have to look for the positives don't you. I actually loved taking a break from constant social media in the end!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a compliment coming from you missy! :) Ahh it is so annoying isn't it - the thing that's getting me through is the fact that I won't be able to check social media constantly and will actually get on with my uni work haha! xx

      Delete
  14. You always look incredible and so damn stylish! I'm jealous!
    I love a good day down Tenby a walk along the beach with an ice cream is the best!

    Neesha | Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Neesha you're too kind thank you! :) It really is a beautiful place - we're so lucky to live here! xx

      Delete
  15. Reading this has actually filled me with wanderlust. Now I want to jump in a car (I can't drive) and go on an adventure to Pembrokeshire. Sometimes you can forget that such beautiful places exist in the UK. I feel I'd love to visit here, I was sold on the mention of cute little shops, traditional sweets, coastal views and beautiful pastel houses! Though, I'm not sure whether to be impressed or angry that you only ate the icing of the cake haha?! But congrats on not giving in to temptation either way :)
    It looks like you had a lovely day out with your Mum, congrats on the first Dissertation submission and sorry for the loss of your iPhone, eeek!
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should soooooo do it! It's such a beautiful place and with places like this there's no need to go abroad! Hahaha, I thought you would be impressed with my willpower ;) the icing was bloody lovely though ha! Oh thank you :) it's been a crazy week but getting that diss in was one of the highlights!! xx

      Delete
  16. Your face and cupcakes in one post?! Perfection! You've got such good style as well lovely!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh Annabel, you're too kind! ;) Thank you so much!! xx

      Delete
  17. Your photography is amazing - looks like you had a fantastic little adventure! Sorry to hear about your iPhone though - I also learned the hard way not to take my phone into the bathroom!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Milly! That means so much as I've been working hard to improve it :) haha oh it's such a disaster isn't it! xx

      Delete
  18. OH MY GOD! I want to go the coloured houses have sold it for me! Looks so beautiful, and you are gorgeous such lovely photos! x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO pretty isn't it! :) Aw thanks Paige, that's so lovely to say xx

      Delete
  19. such a lovely visit! i'd love to go there. and so sorry to hear about your phone! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle - it is really gorgeous :) Aww i know :( thank you! xx

      Delete
  20. Love this outfit lady, you look fab! Tenby looks beautiful. I wish I lived closer :( x

    daydreamkatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post made me smile so much as I actually live a twenty minute drive away from Tenby. The beaches are so beautiful that you forget you're in the UK. I went to Tenby last weekend and posted about it on my blog. (My pictures aren't as good as yours though. :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So annoying about the phone, but you look gorgeous, it looks like such a lovely trip and that cake...I now really want cake haha!

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and proceed to claiming.

    You can press claim as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will safe in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS