Saturday, 11 April 2015

Week of Happiness - Week 1.

Lately, I've been trying to live more of a "healthy" lifestyle (take a look at my Health and Fitness post here). I've been working out and eating well for months now but I want to start trying to be more appreciative of the little things in life, which I feel is really important now that I'm stuck behind a laptop screen most days working on my dissertation. 

I've decided to do a little series on my blog called "Week of Happiness" so I can look back on the week and appreciate the good things I've done. Sometimes I can be a right moaner and one hell of a Negative Nelly (can't we all?), so this is a great way to keep positive and appreciate the little things in life!

SATURDAY - (top left) - after a morning at work and some lunch in M&S with my mum and nan, my mother and I decided to go for a long dog walk to make the most of the beautiful weather. I live in a riverside town in West Wales and it really is a gem. People always complain about living here which annoys me as they don't appreciate this beauty right on their doorstep.

SUNDAY - (top right and bottom left) - Easter Sunday meant my chocolate fiend of a mother bought heaps of chocolate for us - talk about ultimate cheat day! I made these cute little nests made of shredded wheat and Cadbury's chocolate and inspired by Jess from Jess Tastics! In the evening my mum and I walked my dogs across town to my auntie's house and we all sat in her beautiful garden and watched the world go by. I was also super proud as I resisted the urge to go out drinking in town in favour of a night in with Dan, watching TOWIE and eating chocolate. 

MONDAY - (bottom right) - after a morning in the garden doing some uni work and a walk to the gym and home, Dan and I went for a spin to Llansteffan Beach which is about a ten minute drive from where I live. We spent the evening walking along the shoreline and taking photos of the sunset.
TUESDAY - (top left) - a rather quiet day but I spent the morning in work, followed by an afternoon working on my dissertation and then a work out and catch up with my friend, determined to get back on track with my healthy eating after a weekend of chocolate and sweets. 

WEDNESDAY - (top right) - after doing some work all morning I headed out for an afternoon at the park with my friend and her little 18 month old girl. She's so cute and we had a lovely day catching up and she even said my name (yay!). I never really get to see them because I'm away in university so time spent with them is always lovely. In the evening I headed back to the gym for a circuits class on the track; it was gruelling but felt great afterwards!

THURSDAY - (bottom left) - after a morning in work and making good progress on my dissertation Dan and I headed back to Llansteffan to do a work out on the beach. We did loads of running and cardio based exercises and honestly, he is the funniest boy ever, whenever I'm with him I can't stop laughing! Dan then decided it would be a fun idea to go and try and run into a "gap" in the sea as the tide was coming in, resulting in him getting soaked. It was such a lush evening too - look at that sky!

FRIDAY - (bottom right) - I spent the day in the garden, being followed by my dogs and doing my dreaded dissertation before heading to the gym for a weights session. No pain, no gain! Then Dan and I went to watch Fast & Furious 7 in the cinema. I've never seen any of the films before but it was really fabulous and the tribute for Paul Walker at the end was beautiful. There was just silence in the cinema when it finished and everyone just slowly got up and left the theatre - so sad.

This series is going to run every Saturday showing little snippets of my week to keep you all up to date. I know this sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but personally I love reading about everyone's weeks to see what they've gotten up to and I'm a sucker for a good photography post - I guess you could say I'm a little nosey?! Haha! Feel free to join on the bandwagon if you're looking to lead a healthy, carefree and positive life too! I'd love to see your thoughts.

To see more of my photographs, follow me on Instagram.
What made you happy this week?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, especially the beach ones :) Your Easter nests look yummy!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually an amazing idea, and the pictures looks lovely!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this post Jess, looking forward to seeing it as a regular thing! Sounds like you've had some fun days; I seriously wish I lived that close to a beach, you captured some beautiful photos! Also envy how motivated you are in the gym haha! I used to go like 4 times a week, but now I'm about 4 stone heavier so hibernating haha. xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Hannah :) I'm so pleased people like it as I thought nobody would really care haha. It's been a great week thank you, that's the perk of living in West Wales even though there's nothing else here haha. Thanks hun, aw hibernating is good too though haha xx

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a lovely week! Much love, Sjoukje
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great that you are focusing on health and happiness. Definitely a wonderful thing to hear! I love this post - and the pictures as well. Thank you for brightening my day!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! :) your comment made my night! xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh I love these kind of posts cos I'm really nosey too! I think this is a really good idea as I do tend to focus on the rubbish things that happened in a week. Sounds like you had a great week though :) xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love looking at what everyone's been up to! Aw thanks Tasha :) yes it makes a huge difference xx

      Delete
  7. I love posts like these, and I have to agree it looks beautiful where you live :) I really want to see F&F7 it sounds great and I can’t wait to see how they do the tribute for Paul Walker.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post !

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS