Tuesday, 26 May 2015

High-End Beauty Haul.

Does anyone find that their makeup stash runs out all at the same time? This always happens to me and I end up having to scrape the last of the products out before I have time to head into town and pick up my staple items. This month was the same as usual, so I headed to Debenhams to grab some of my old favourites and treated myself to some lovely new products too! As I completed my degree last week (read all about it here), I have barely worn makeup over the last few weeks because I've been spending my days essay writing, so I seriously indulged this weekend. My lovely mum also treated me to some fabulous new bits as she was so proud of me for completing my degree and for all the hard work I had done - she's the cutest! I'm so excited to try them...

Benefit Gimme Brow - this is my brow saviour and I couldn't live without it. I wear it on a daily basis to makes my brows look thicker and more defined. I think I've repurchased it about four times in the past year and honestly couldn't use anything else. It comes with a thin wand and you dip the wand into the product and simply glide it over the brows to give a subtle definition. It's so natural and just emphasises what you already have which is great. I do use some more brow product over the top as I like a strong brow game, but for those of you who like something subtle, or just want to use it to define and get those brows in place, I can't recommend it enough!

Benefit High Brow - this is a newbie and a product I've never tried before, but lately I've seen so many blog posts about this product and it seems the beauty blogosphere is a fan - I couldn't resist! It's a highlighting pencil used primarily to highlight the brows and to lift the eyes, but you can also use it to highlight the whole face. I love a strong contour and highlight and I think this will be great to use along the nose and chin to enhance. It's quite a thick product with a matte finish so will require a little blending but I'm so excited to use it. Keep an eye out for my review coming soon!

MAC Viva Glam Miley - I have been wanting this beautiful product for quite some time after reading Stacey's review, and for me it really is the holy grail of summer lipsticks. A beautiful, bright fuchsia with a slight sheen to give a vibrant finish, this is a must-have in my opinion. I'm sure I will be using this throughout the summer and especially when I jet off to Cyprus at the end of June with Dan. 

MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara - I purchased this beauty when I was in Selfridges in London with Dan in January and have only just run out - that's a good four/five months usage, which really shows how fabulous this product is and how long lasting too. I decided to repurchase as I haven't found a mascara yet that beats it and, while it is pricey, it's so worth it. It gives heaps of volume and length, but also separates the lashes so you're not left with a clogged, spider-legged mess. I love the wand too as it has really thin, tiny bristles to catch every lash. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eyeliner - I searched for years for a black liner that would actually stay put. I wanted one that didn't fade after usage and didn't smudge to make me look like a cuddly panda. This eyeliner is the one. I have repurchased about eight times - possibly more! It's insane how good this is. You can apply it onto the waterline with ease and it comes out so smoothly with amazing pigmentation, and it lasts. I wore this yesterday from 8am until 10:30pm and it was still looking flawless!

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream - ever since I tried out the Anti Blemish starter pack I have become obsessed with everything Clinique has to offer. I now cleanse, tone, moisturise and add gel moisturiser to my face both morning and night and the results have been incredible. However, I noticed I was getting some small blemishes under the skin on my forehead and when I was having a facial at the Celtic Manor (read all about it here) the lady said it was because I had dead skin cells on my forehead which needed to be exfoliated. Otherwise it creates a layer of skin with nowhere for excess oil to come out - gross I know. So I picked up this bad boy and after just one usage I'm impressed. It has tiny grains in the product so they are not too harsh on the skin, but enough to give a thorough scrub. I used it last night and felt like my blemishes were all coming out today. Again this is gross but this means that the product is working after just one usage. I'll have a full review coming soon!
Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush - try and say that when you've had a couple of beverages! This is a device that I'm really excited to test out. It's a dermatologically developed brush with different types of bristles to give your skin a super thorough cleanse. Using flannels and face cloths sometimes means you miss those hard to reach areas so your skin isn't properly clean. This bad boy combats these problems to tackle those areas and to remove dirt, impurities and pollution that can cause serious problems to the skin. I've read reviews and they've all been really impressive so far - it can even lift the residue of makeup and sunscreen so you know that once you're using this you're really going to have squeaky clean skin afterwards. The lady who served my mum and I also gave us some Clinique Face Soap, a small skincare set and two different brush heads, one for myself and one for my mum. It's a really versatile, innovative device and I'll have a full review coming ASAP.

What products have you got your hands on lately?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

47 comments:

  1. Ooooo really wanna try gimme brow, you got some great products xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gimme Brow is amazing!! Thank you Taylor : ) xx

      Delete
  2. This lipstick from MAC looks incredible - it's a shade made for the summer time!
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect for summer! And I'll be sure to check out your blog. xx

      Delete
  3. Some amazing products! I really want to get Gimme Brow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try Gimme Brow, I've heard so many good things about it and it sounds great, Congratulations on finishing uni! I've just finished my second year

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love Gimme Brow! It's amazing. And thanks so much :) good luck with your third year hun! xx

      Delete
  5. You picked up some great bits! Benefit Gimme Brow is my saviour too!! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It's amazing isn't it? xx

      Delete
  6. The first time my best friend taught me how to do my eyebrows properly, she used the High Brow crayon, and I've been lusting after it ever since!!! <3 gives them such definition and lift :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. It is fabulous! I'm really enjoying using it so far : ) xx

      Delete
  7. Clinique, MAC and Benefit have to be my all time favourite brands! They are all high-end but still affordable, I love it :) Sophie xx
    www.fashionnomads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! They are brilliant and have such high quality. xx

      Delete
  8. I used to swear by Benefit gimme brow, then I tried the L'Oreal brow artist gel and I love it more, it's thinner and holds my brows better but still fills them in enough for me :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't heard of that before! I will have to look into it! Thank you for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  9. Wow you got so many amazing products! (Totally jealous I have to say). I'm really intrigued by the Clinique cleansing brush, and really want to try it out myself!

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! :) I am really loving it so far. I will have a full review up next week :) xx

      Delete
  10. Mums are the best - end of! I am so envious of all this...I don't even know where to start!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally are! :) haha thank you Annabel. xxx

      Delete
  11. awesome picks, I just got a few things from Sephora... so happy!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh i wish we had a Sephora near me! xx

      Delete
  12. Really want to try a purifying brush! They look so amazing. You'll have to let us know how you like it for sure! :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do :) I'm really loving it so far! xx

      Delete
  13. As soon as I saw high end, my mind was saying "don't click on the post, don't click on the post'... but I couldn't help it ;) Viva glam miley looks SO stunning, what a gorgeous, bright lip. Love the look of the Clinique brush too, update soon please lady!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am sorry! It's really beautiful, so pigmented.. And I have just used the Clinique brush and my face is feeling fabulous! Will definitely have an update for you soon : ) xx

      Delete
  14. MAC Viva Glam Miley looks absolutely gorgeous, will look fab on you and really suit you on your holidays especially with a tan! I wish I wasn't too much of a chicken to wear bright shades like this! xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is stunning! Aw thank you babe :) you should give them a try! Bet they would look gorge on you xx

      Delete
  15. Brilliant picks! Love seeing high end hauls, so interesting to see what people commit to enough to buy high end, would love to see some reviews :)

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) these are some products that I will always repurchase! I will have reviews coming up as soon as! xx

      Delete
  16. I'm so with you on the point about everything running out at once - so inconvenient, but at lease it gives us the chance for a haul ;) You've picked up some beaut bits, looking forward to hearing what you think of the Benefit highlighter!

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Claire - always best to look on the bright side ;) I'm loving it so far.. A review will be coming soon! xx

      Delete
  17. I want to try Gimme Brow so badly, it sounds great!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  18. This lipstick color is amazing. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've bought some great products I love buying new make up makes me so happy.
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Me too :D beauty blogger probs haha! xx

      Delete
  20. I love the Gimme Brow. Such a great take on a traditional eyebrow gel. I hope you do a review of the High Brow pencil. I'm interested to know how effective it is :) I recently purchased the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream and I'm loving it!

    Hailey | www.haileysworkshop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, it's just fabulous! I will be doing a review next week - I'm really loving using it! Ooh that sounds nice - may be a little too much moisture for my oily skin though! xx

      Delete
  21. I LOVE that MAC shade, i haven't worn it much but it's gorgeous!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! I still need to wear it!! xx

      Delete
  22. So many lovely bits! The MAC lipstick looks such a gorgeous shade! I really want to get a cleansing brush so can't wait to read your review on it x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS