Thursday, 21 May 2015

My Topshop Lipstick Collection.

I've made no secret of my love for Topshop lipsticks these past few weeks and my collection is slowly growing, so I thought I would share my little collection with you for today's post. A lot of you lovely readers are yet to try Topshop beauty, so I thought I would try and win you over with today's post, because once you try you will never look back!

Topshop offers an amazing range of lipsticks at a super affordable price of £8. I would say that their quality is way above drugstore lipsticks but not quite at the luxurious levels of MAC and YSL. However, for their price tag I think they are absolutely perfect. Shades range from fluorescent pinks and gothic purples to neutral browns and bright oranges, so there really is something to suit all skin tones and there are matte, glosses and sheer finishes to choose from catering to all tastes.

Unfortunately, a lot of these beautiful shades are no longer available online (booooo!) but the pigmentation, formula and finish are very similar across the board.

Mink (discontinued) - I think this was one of the first Topshop lipsticks I bought and it was this shade that hooked me in. It's a gorgeous nude that isn't too dissimilar from my usual lip colour (although admittedly a lot darker) and it is perhaps the most natural shade in my collection. As Kylie Jenner pioneered the nude lip I picked this up last summer and fell in love. The feel is so smooth and it applies beautifully onto the lips in seconds. I used it all through the summer and always throw it on if I'm opting for a more natural makeup look.

Pillow Talk (discontinued) - this is a super bright Barbie pink which I picked up last summer and it is really lovely. It's not my favourite in the collection but it's ideal for a girly-girl like me who lives in pastels over the summer months. The pigmentation isn't as good as the other lipsticks and does require top-ups throughout the day, but the shade is so pretty I just can't resist.

Ditsy - my boss actually bought me this as a thank you for working extra hours at such short notice and it is such a lovely, summery shade. It's super bright and, although it looks quite orange, it is actually a gorgeous, coral shade which I adore for the warmer months.

Suspected - the newest addition to my collection and it's been gracing my lips quite often over these past two weeks. It's got an uncanny resemblance to MAC Rebel (which is my absolute fave) and it has gorgeous pigmentation to give a deep berry finish. It works best with a lip liner, as unfortunately this one does have the tendency to bleed if you're wearing it whilst out for food or drinks, but I wore it on the weekend for work and it lasted perfectly for the full four hour shift without any top-ups. That's a definite thumbs up from me!

Sashay Away - I don't like to pick favourites, but this is the one for me. I'm sure you can tell as the product has whittled away, but it is my go-to shade and I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as I run out. The colour is a deep brown shade with a slight glossy finish. It comes out quite dark and I love wearing it with a deep smoky eye and a strong contour. I always wear Sashay Away on a night out as it's so classy and even though it's dark, it's not too much! It's really durable also so you don't need to constantly top it up throughout the day/night. I just love love love it!

Black Widow (discounted) - at Christmas time I wanted a really gothic lipstick to wear on nights out and to vamp up day time outfits. Let's just say I was experimenting with lipsticks and the darker the better. This really is a gothic glam and is not to suit everyone's tastes, but I love it. It has a super matte finish and gives a slight stain to the lips so you don't have to wear the full coverage if you don't want to. The pigmentation is brilliant and it's a gorgeous, deep plum which is perfect for the winter.
Suspected | Sashay Away | Black Widow | Mink | Pillow Talk | Ditsy
These swatches really show off their amazing pigmentation. Topshop lipsticks are just so long-lasting and have the perfect formula so that they glide onto the lips with ease instantly giving a vibrant finish.  These are the first few in my collection and I am sure it is going to just continuing growing over the next few months!

Have you got any Topshop lipsticks?
Are you tempted to try them?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

26 comments:

  1. The pigmentation of these really does look amazing! I really need to take a look at Topshop makeup, I keep hearing about the shade Whimsical so I may pick that one up :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous aren't they? You should definitely give them a try! Let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Topshop makeup, definitely need to have a look now :)

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look so beautiful, love the swatches x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try Topshop lipsticks but never picked any up! Love the look of Pillow Talk, shame it's discontinued though :( xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know.. they've discontinued all my favourites :( xx

      Delete
  5. These are gorgeous colours! I wish I was brave enough to wear these brighter and darker shades but I always tend to go for nudes. Maybe I should just throw causion to the wind!

    Sarah xxx || www.whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'm sure you could definitely pull them off :) you should give them a try! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, shame they aren't all available! I will definitely be checking out Topshops makeup :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame.. so many of my favourite colours have been discontinued :( xx

      Delete
  7. Mink is my #1 lipstick shade ever and I'm so gutted that it's discontinued. Glad to see that someone else likes it as much as I do! x

    daydreamkatie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :( if I had known they were discontinuing it I would have bought enough to last me a life time! xx

      Delete
  8. I have a Topshop lip gloss which I surprisingly love as I hate lip gloss. I really want to try their lipsticks, everyone raves about them! I'm jealous of your collection. Mink looks lovely!

    India | Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try their lip glosses but you should definitely try a lipstick! : ) thank you India xx

      Delete
  9. When Topshop first launched their make- up line (I know this was a while back now but bare with me!!) I was so dubious about the quality. But I have to say, like you Jessie I have collected so many of their lipsticks over the years! I am always so impressed with the range of colours :) Sophie x
    www.fashionnomads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dubious too but whatever I've tried I have always been really impressed! : ) the colour range is brilliant! xx

      Delete
  10. You really do have quite the collection! Love it!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics. I need to try some of these, so many people compare the formula to the Mac formula. Also, the packaging looks so fun and bright.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveeeee Topshop lipsticks! I really need to get my hands on Pillow Talk xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried a Topshop lipstick, or anything from their make-up range for that matter. The pigmentation of these lipsticks look incredible though, I may have to give them a go :)
    Natasha x
    www.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh loving all these colours!! Have you tried their lip creams? They're really lovely too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to head to Topshop now! I think I'm a little bit in love with Ditsy, but I think Suspected would be my pick.

    Gorgeous photos too, it was great to see the swatches :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish we had a topshop here....

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS