Tuesday, 5 May 2015

OOTD | May Day Bank Holiday.

After being cooped up for weeks just staring at my laptop, and not doing anything other than uni work and going to the gym, it was so nice to get out on Bank Holiday Sunday to see my friends and have a break away from the doom and gloom of assignments. It was one of my closest friend's 23rd birthday and she was having a BBQ before we headed out to town. 
Dress - similar | Bag - similar | Shoes - available here | Watch - available here


In typical Jessie fashion I was running late whilst getting ready for the BBQ. Just as I was about to leave I decided I didn't like my previous outfit and after trying on everything in my wardrobe I opted to wear this lacy dress from last year's Lipsy London collection. I have only ever worn it once for a wedding and admittedly I felt a little over-dressed for a BBQ, but as we were heading into town afterwards I thought it would be fine. I absolutely love this dress. I personally feel like it fits me well and as it's so busy you don't need a load of accessories. I opted to wear a matching coral bag from last year's River Island collection and some gorgeous barely there shoes which are also from River Island. I love them so much and they are available here.

I decided to behave myself and only had two drinks as I just hate being hungover, but it was a fab night nonetheless, and was so lovely to catch up with the girls. We all met whilst working at The Body Shop and we now have all left and do different things but it's great that we're all still friends! We've even been to Ibiza together twice and are planning a weekend away for September this year...

For now though it's back to the books. With three deadlines over the next three weeks I think you could say that the pressure is most certainly on! I just cannot wait for them to be over.

What did you get up to this Bank Holiday?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

42 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you had a wonderful time, it really is important to take breaks now & then! You look absolutely stunning in that dress and I'm obsessed with that style of shoe - so elegant! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Karen :) I actually felt really refreshed and ready to do my work yesterday so am going to try and have breaks a little more often. Thank you so much :) I love the shoe style too - although they can be a little painful at times haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress, you're figure looks amazing in it! Good luck with your final few assignments, I know how stressful it is but the sense of freedom when they are all over is amazing haha.
    Leah xx

    http://theultimateobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Leah, that's lovely of you! :) Ahh yes I just can't wait - I won't know what to do with myself haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow you look amazing! Good choice, and that colour suits you very well.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a stunning dress Jessie!! You look amaaaaayzing <3

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katy, making me blush hehe ;) thanks so much lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous girl!! You look amazing!!! And that colour is so lush.. Glad you had a good night and GOOD LUCK with the uni work!!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girly! I love the colour too :) Thank you babes, I really need it haha! Hope all is well with you <33 xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh you look so gorgeous Jessie!! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is stunning :) what lipstick are you wearing? x

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun! It's Toyshop's "Suspected" xx

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous, the dress is lovely!

    I've just posted my favourite outfits from the Met Gala, would love to know what you think:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw good luck with the deadlines! I do kind of miss the phases of uni where you get to just stay at home for weeks with essays and the gym! That dress suits you so much!

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex :) I dread these days but I'll be lost when I have nothing to do over the summer haha! xx

      Delete
  10. You look gorge! That colour really suits you. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, that's lovely of you : ) xx

      Delete
  11. Jess you have the BEST figure! So gorgeous. Glad you had a fab weekend! Good luck for the next few weeks :) xxx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Hannah : ) thank you babe! That's lovely of you, and thanks for the luck - I need it!! xxx

      Delete
  12. You look stunning! Hope you had a great day!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is so beautiful! Lipsy have some great pieces :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's my favourite summer shade! xo

      Delete
  14. You looked lovely! Nothing quite screams summer like coral!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look absolutely stunning, Jessie! The dress is to die for and fits you perfectly! I love it!

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why do you always just look so perfect?! And you have brains...this sort of thing just isn't far! But you DO deserve a break, so enjoy!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annabel, you're making me blush ;) haha! Thank you so much you lovely lady xxx

      Delete
  17. Love this colour on you, really suits you! x

    www.ellebloggs.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always look SO gorgeous! Love your outfit, and your figure is amazing! xx
    Vanity Fairest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely lady! You're too kind xxx

      Delete
  19. This lace dress looks really gorgeous on you, you are rocking it. Also, your body is amazing!

    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) that's so kind of you! xx

      Delete
  20. Oh wow you look absolutely stunning in that dress!
    x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS