Sunday, 17 May 2015

Review | Topshop's "Suspected" Lipstick.


Ahh it feels like it's been years since I sat down to write a beauty review and, to be honest, I've missed it! As a beauty blogger I love discovering new products and love giving my opinions on the gems in my beauty stash, and this one is a real diamond! For those of you who regularly read my blog you will know that I'm a big fan of Topshop lipsticks. They have seriously good pigmentation, glide easily onto the lips and have such a fantastic range of shades that there is something to suit everyone. Today I'm reviewing my new favourite...


Suspected is a gorgeous, deep red shade with a slight plum tinge which can be worn all year round. It suits all of skin types, and is ideal for all occasions, whether its a day at the shops, a night out with the girls or date night. It's particularly gorgeous for Autumn/Winter but for Spring/Summer it's perfect to vamp up a dewy bronze glow. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Rebel lipstick (which is one of my favourites) in terms of shade, so it's sure to be a hit in the beauty blogosphere!

The packaging is standard for Topshop's lipsticks with its white casing and bold logo. The packaging does not have the sleek, sophisticated finish of MAC and doesn't have the gold, luxurious look of YFC and Tom Ford, but it does its job perfectly and the most important thing is that the lid actually stays on! I hate lipsticks where the lid falls off and you end up with a mess all over your handbag. I find that Topshop lipsticks are really secure and that's always good in my books.

The consistency of the lipstick is perfect. It glides really easily onto the lips, giving a glorious pigmentation, and then sets with a matte finish, yet it's still moisturising. This is probably my favourite thing about the lipstick (apart from the colour) is how easy it is to apply and the fabulous finish. I am not a glossy girl to be honest, but despise those lipsticks which are so matte that you can barely drag themselves across your lips. This one applies smoothly and sets without drying out the lips. It's just perfect. 

One thing  I would say is that it does have a tendency to "bleed" into the skin around the mouth if you're eating and drinking whilst wearing it and I would definitely recommend wearing a lip-liner to counteract this. Also, to reduce the chances of it spreading I would say to dab your lips with a tissue before reapplying, just in case. However, this is the only downside to the lipstick and I've only really noticed this issue if I've been out having a few drinks to be honest, so dodgy lipstick is a given!

All in all, it looks like Suspected is my new favourite. I am sure to be wearing this constantly over the next few weeks as I just love the gorgeous, deep colour and the perfect finish.

What Topshop lipstick is your favourite?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

34 comments:

  1. I need this shade in my stash asap! I've always got the impression Topshop lipsticks are too drying, but the formula of this sounds perfect! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is really good! I'm obsessed with it. xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour! I have to admit that I have never tried Topshop lipsticks. I have some of their nailpolishes and I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you need to try! I love their nail polishes too : ) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds so lovely and I'm totally missing a shade like this in my lipstick collection! Damn you Jessie for making me spend!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm so sorry haha! But you need to try it ASAP. xx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any TopShop makeup, but this color looks incredible!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried any lipsticks from Topshop but I've heard amazing things :) this shade looks stunning x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour! I love Topshop's lipsticks - I have a few nude shades and they're perfect!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of their nudes too and love them :) xx

      Delete
  7. I haven’t tried any Topshop makeup in a while and this shade looks stunning and I like that this is a smoothy matte if that makes sense as I have to agree there’s nothing worse than a matte that just doesn’t drag. Fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you with the "smoothy matte" haha - that's exactly how I would describe it! Thank you hun xx

      Delete
  8. beautiful post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this colour, I don't have any topshops near me but I would love to try some of their makeup.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is a shame. I work in one so am quite lucky as I am always there! xx

      Delete
  10. This looks so, so gorgeous lovely... I need this in my life even though I never pull these kind of colours off! ;) Perfect excuse to hit up Oxford Street too!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Elle, I'm sure you could pull off anything! Definitely give it a try : ) xx

      Delete
  11. That colour is just gorgeous!!

    Helen x
    www.raggydoll-raggydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this shade! Have never tried out any Topshop lipsticks - I need to give them a go! Lovely post x

    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill! You definitely do! They're fab :) xx

      Delete
  13. This looks gorgeous for any time of the year! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never bought a Topshop lipstick but I might have to after seeing this! So affordable but just as good as MAC etc...I'm sold :) beautiful shade too, I can imagine it suiting you really well! :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhhh this colour looks GORGEOUS!!! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS