Thursday, 14 May 2015

The Blusher Tag.

When it comes to blushers my collection is few and far between. While I have thousands of eyeshadow palettes and a tonne of lipsticks to choose from I tend to stick to what I know when it comes with blushes. For today's post I will be introducing you to my little blush collection as part of The Blusher Tag that is currently floating around the blogosphere. I was tagged by two of my favourite bloggers, Annabel from Mascara and Maltesers and Hannah from HannaTalks, which really made my day as I have loved their blogs for quite some time! Thank you girls : ) Here goes...



What colour blush suits you the most?
For me I would say a deep pink looks the best. I can't get away with coral or more "orange" blushes as they make me look like a tangerine. I always contour my face and then add on a little rouge to give my cheeks a slight flush!

Pressed, cream or loose blush?
Pressed definitely for me. I find them just so practical; they are easy to use and you don't result in a mess all over the carpet! I've never really tried a cream blush but I imagine they give a lovely glow. This would either look great on my skin or would leave me looking very shiny, but definitely something to try over the summer!

Favourite shimmery blush?
Oooh I love Benefit's Bella Bamba, which I've actually run out of at the moment. It's super pink and gives a gorgeous shimmer which I love for nights out and the summer. This has reminded me to pick that up as soon as I possibly can.

Favourite matte blush?
It has to be MAC's Peachy Keen. It's a gorgeous, deep pink that is build able so you can go for a subtle flush or a really deep rose if you want to make these cheeks stand out!

Favourite cream blush?
I've never used a blush made specifically of a "cream" consistency, but I do love Benefit's Pose Tint. It's a liquid which you can apply to the cheeks and lips to tint the skin. It's great for wearing under blush to really intensify or simply on its own over foundation!

Favourite drug store blush?
Ooooh this is a tricky one! If I'm honest I've mostly tried high-end blushes, so am not quite sure!

Favourite MAC blush?
Definitely MAC's Peachy Keen. I bought it a few months ago and wear it pretty much every day. It looks great for summer with a bright lip too. 

Biggest blush disappointment?
To be honest I've got on well with all the blushers I've tried. I think blushes are quite easy to choose and get right as they're quite a simple product compared to lipsticks and foundations. Does anyone else feel that way?

Best blush packaging?
Benefit's Box O' Powders are my absolute favourite. They are so unique and pretty and, ultimately, a beauty blogger's dream. They also have the cutest little brush which comes as part of the package so ideal for taking your blush out on the go. They also smell really nice too! I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks that but seriously, next time you buy a Box O' Powder, have a little whiff ;)

What's on your blush wish list? 
I'm really keen to try some of the NARS blushes because I have read never ending good reviews about them - well, the whole range in fact! I also have seen brilliant reviews about Make Up Revolutions cream blushes that come in the shape of a heart. They are so cute and a little more within my student budget.

Holy grail blush?
My MAC blush it has to be! It's just so amazing. To be honest though I'm very keen to try any sort of blush so would love you to pop your recommendations in the comments below!

What are your favourite blush products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Ah this is a great tag!! I quite like peachy keen too!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this tag and my favourite blush would either be the Makeup Revolution sugar blush or NARS orgasm x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Make Up Rev have amazing blushes I've heard. I really want to try! xx

      Delete
  3. I can only seem to get away with really dark blushers (my favourite is Sleek Rose Gold) I cant wear pinky pinks or corals either :( sad times!

    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Sleek blushes are ones I am yet to try. I will have to have a look! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this tag, even though I'm not a big blush girl :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Same, I prefer my eye makeup! xx

      Delete
  5. I wish I could pull off darker blushes like these ones, they look so stunning :) but they're a bit too much for my pale skin so I usually go for light shimmery pink ones x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! :) ooh I do love pink shimmery ones too! xx

      Delete
  6. Those all look gorgeous! Im a massive blush obsessive!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, I would love to see your collection Jas! You have such amazing makeup. xx

      Delete
  7. I love Benefit - they have so many great products and some which aren't all that good but their bronzers, blushers and highlighters are amazing!!! Have you tried the sun beam highlighter/bronzer? It's absolutely amazing and just adds such a glow to skin! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benefit is definitely my favourite : ) I love their highlighters - High Beam is amazing - so I think I will have to look at that one! xx

      Delete
  8. I love Posie Tint! So glad you do too :) Fab picks,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tag! May have to give it a go myself :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS