Saturday, 2 May 2015

Week of Happiness 4 - Sunday Strolls.


A lot of people seem to hate Sundays, deeming them boring and pointless, but for me Sunday is probably my favourite day of the week. Unless I'm working Sundays are always spent with blog reading in the morning, followed by a Sunday morning workout and then spending time with loved ones visiting different places around Wales. 

When I was younger I used to stay at my grandparents a lot on the weekends and every Sunday they would take me and my other cousins out for a roast dinner and afterwards we would hop in my Grandad's van and he would take us to various places, whether it was for a day out at a castle or to the beach, and we would spend the day there. I have very special childhood memories of these days out with my grandparents and I always love my time with them, so two weeks ago my mother and I decided to go out with them for a nice meal and we went off for a spin in the car to see what Carmarthenshire had to offer that day. 

We ended up going to Dinefwr Park near Llandeilo in Carmarthenshire for a walk with my grandparents' Miniature Dachshund, Charlie. The park is huge and is filled with fields, forestry, nature trails, lakes and even has a castle which overlooks the beautiful Towy Valley and a mansion tea room. 
Action picture of Charlie in running through the field.
My Grandad and I - he loves a good selfie haha!
We walked through the fields and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to work on my photography skills. 
Beautiful woodland views
Silhouette of the trees against the backdrop of the sun.
Despite the beautiful sunshine it was freezing cold so we decided to head back after a little while. 

Woodland views
I just love taking photos of trees - can you tell?!
On the way home my mother and I decided to stop off at another castle that you pass on the way to Dinefwr Park. This one is called Dryslwyn Castle and it is situated a little further West than Dinefwr. It's placed high on a hill that over looks the Towy also and from it you have a three hundred and sixty degree view of the county with its steep hills, winding river, lush green fields and flowing farmland.

Dryslwyn Castle standing proudly on its hill.
A view from the top!
The River Towy which stretches through the heart of Wales
A view through the trees - you can see a tiny tower on the top hill. That is Paxton's Tower.
A tree stood proudly amongst the castle ruins.
I had such a lovely day out with my family and it really makes me feel blessed to have such kind, caring and loving people in my life. I always treasure these days and it really is true when they say that the little things are the most important.

What is your favourite way to spend a sunny Sunday?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I live in North Wales and have only ventured to the south once and that was to Cardiff! So not very picturesque haha
    Leah xx

    http://theultimateobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! Ahh I've only ever been to Bangor but would love to visit North Wales - the pics I've seen look so pretty :) xx

      Delete


  2. Absolutely lovely post Jess - I love this little 'happiness' series! Your photos look so good and I must say I adore your outfit! :) xxx

    Eve - haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoy it.. I always enjoy writing them too! Thanks Eve :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this. I totally agree, Sundays are my favourite day! It's always so nice to get out for a walk as well. Such lovely pictures, the castle looks incredible! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! :D Thanks Jasmin :) glad you enjoyed the pics xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place, I love leaving London and heading out to the countryside where you can get amazing views like that x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous! I would love to live in London but would miss the countryside too much xx

      Delete
  5. I love a nice, relaxing Sunday as well. Your pictures are stunning!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raquel :) that's made my day! xx

      Delete
  6. omg i love wandering around in the countryside especially if there are ancient ruins to discover(:
    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    p.s what a lovely beast you have :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous and I totes feel like strolling in the country...!

    Lorna | www.studsanddreams.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Aww thanks Lorna :) get your wellies on and get out for a stroll! xx

      Delete
  8. I love sundays too! I love weekends when I'm home because i get to spend time with my grandparents and uncles and cousins.
    Being away makes me miss that a lot. You're right. The little things do matter the most.
    Lovely post :)

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to spend time with family isn't it :) Thank you Carina! xx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post! It really is true that its the simple things in life that make us the happiest and I know its too easy to forget it! Going for walks anywhere are just the best and great to clear your head :) At the moment i work every other weekend unfortunately but when I'm off i always try to go out and do as much as i can with friends or family to make the most of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) it really is so important to keep happy and appreciate the little things in life. Aww no way, make the most of those weekends then :D xxx

      Delete
  10. This looks like such a beautiful place! and your grandparents dog is sooooo cute! loved the post girl :)

    G.J - A Personal Style, Beauty & Lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Georgia :) I know he's lush isn't he haha? thank you!! xx

      Delete
  11. Such gorgeous photos - I love them! Family days are so special, it looks like you had a lovely day.

    Abi | RamblingsofaBlonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abi :) it was a really nice day xx

      Delete
  12. Sunday is my favourite day of the week too, it's just such a relaxing time with family and your Sunday looks so fun and chilled with family, just the perfect way to spend the day :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, love Sunday strolls especially when the weather is nice. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dog running through the field is the best thing!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow such beautiful photos! You're so lucky to live near such beautiful places :D I love Sunday's too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous, personal post lovely. Sounds like the perfect sunday and childhood weekends. And can we just talk about how ridiculously stunning those photo's are? Such amazing views! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw you live in the most picturesque of places! So so gorgeous! And it looks like you truly had an amazing time with your family :)

    I'd like to also nominate you for the Creative Blogger Award, so if you'd like to do it you can find out more about it here: Jess In Retrospect - Creative Blogger Award

    xx
    Jess from Jess In Retrospect

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS