Thursday, 28 May 2015

WOMF | Summer Nights.

Summer is officially here and what better way to welcome my favourite time of year than to get glammed up for some cocktails with the girls? This is how I spent my Sunday bank holiday and while I did regret the copious amounts of alcohol the next day as I devoured everything in sight, it was so nice to get out and see my friends. I searched high and low for a summery outfit and opted for this  vivid red playsuit from Topshop and decided to opt for a makeup look with a dewy glow and bright red lip to match. 


After completing my skincare regime, I smothered my face in Bare Minerals' Prime Time primer before applying some of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer over my blemishes and buffing on some Bare Minerals Powder Foundation. I just love this stuff as it gives a gorgeous, natural finish but with a fantastic coverage. For a powder, it is seriously impressive but I like to use a concealer too just to have that extra safety on a night out. 

I then get to sculpting my cheeks and creating a strong contour and highlight. To highlight I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which I buy two shades lighter than my natural skin tone, and apply underneath the eyes, along the bridge of my nose and the centre of the forehead and chin. I then use Makeup Revolution Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette and use the darkest brown shade just under the cheek bones, along the jaw line and on the temples. This ensures the light hits all the right places and accentuates the cheek bones and temples whilst diminishing that double chin ;). Then it's all about blend, blend, blend! For this I use Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge before setting the cream contour with Sleek's Face Form Palette so that it still has that dewy shine, but makes sure it stays in place. I added a little MAC Peachy Keen blush also to give a nice summery finish.

Next, we're on to my favourite part of my make-up regime - the eyes! I always like to prime my eyelids before a night out as it keeps the shadows in place and for this I always use Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer. It is quite thick and really lifts the eyes and makes eyeshadow fly aways a thing of the past. I then went onto the brows and lined them firstly with Benefit's Gimme Brow before defining and tidying them with Benefit's Brow Zings. I then used Benefit's High Brow to lift underneath the brows and to make the eyes look bigger and more alert.

For eyeshadow I used my favourite palette, the Urban Decay Vice3, and created a subtle summery look with a slight shimmer. I absolutely love this palette as it's so pigmented and once applied the shadows stay in tact all night. I applied lashings of MAC's In Extreme Dimension Mascara, before applying Urban Decay's Black Velvet 24/7 Eyeliner along the waterline and Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in a smooth swish along the upper lash line.

I wanted to wear a lipstick that matched the playsuit but there was nothing in my stash that matched it completely. Instead, I firstly used Topshop's Ditsy, which is a bright orange, before adding a teeny application of MAC Brave Red over the top to make it a little darker but still with a bright finish. I think it worked out well :) it goes to show you don't need a million lipsticks when you can mix and match!

What's your go-to summer evening look?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

50 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I am loving the lipstick combination, its a super cute hot pink!
    I really want to give Benefit Gimme Brow a go and Bare Minerals foundation as well as Vice3 which is on my current blog wishlist so its great to hear that you like it :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor : ) I absolutely love all three products you mentioned and cannot recommend them enough . I actually just commented on your blog post and definitely urge you to buy it :D xx

      Delete
  2. You have the perfect shaped eyes! Beautiful look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending me your link via twitter. You are stunning. love this post would be great if you could check out my latest post too. xxxx
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/ravishingroses-13977717

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely thing to say - thank you so much! I will be sure to check out your blog. xx

      Delete
  4. it's always good time to glam up. Looking gorgeous xxx

    Love
    Ewelina
    xoxoxo
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it definitely is! Thank you Ewelina :D xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Vice 3 palette, I am actually one of the rare people that prefer it to the Naked palettes because it has much more versatility! Beautiful look!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both but always opt for Vice 3 on a night out - it has such gorgeous, creamy, pigmented shades! I just love it! Thank you Rachel :) xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Such a pretty lip shade!

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyes!!! They pop so well against your top and lipstick!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :D that's made my day! xx

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous! Love how you created the lip colour, looks beaut! xxx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Tasha :) I think I'll combine lip shades more often! xxx

      Delete
  9. You are so gorgeous and I love the red against your eye colour :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Holly :) so lovely of you xx

      Delete
  10. Those lip shades together look amazing, and your eyes look so blue! Lovely makeup x


    www.harrietrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with the lipsticks - that looks like a beautiful shade! I also love that necklace - it's gorgeous!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael :) I think Ill mix and match my lipsticks more often. Thank you! It's my favourite :) xx

      Delete
  12. Love the mix and match lipstick idea - the colour you've ended up with looks great on you!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bare minerals powder foundation! It always feels so light on the skin with such good coverage! I really want to try the wake me up concealer! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's my absolute favourite. Ooh I love the Wake Me Up Concealer - you should try! xx

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous as per usual! You suit bright lipstick so much, I keep seeing bare minerals powder and it always looks amazing, so might have to go out and get some :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Hazel : ) I absolutely love Bare Minerals - I can't recommend it enough! xx

      Delete
  15. Such a beauty! You suit red so well and I love your hair :) hope you had fun sipping cocktails! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're so lovely, thank you!! It was a really good night - paid for it for most of this week though :"( xx

      Delete
  16. Such a gorgeous gal as always! Love the pink colour of that top/dress on you - suits you perfectly :) Hope you had a lovely night x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Tarika! : ) I had a brilliant night thank you xx

      Delete
  17. Your makeup ALWAYS look so gorgeous! Skin is positively glowing hunny xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your makeup looks incredible Jessie, gorgeous look! I can't quite get the hang of cream contouring yet - I'm working on it! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hun : ) I watched YouTube videos and they really helped. Have a look at Carli Bybel and Jaclyn Hill are brilliant! xx

      Delete
  19. You look really lovely! I love looking at how other people create a look and the products that they use. Thank you for sharing.

    Shannon x
    www.sixthskyline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love posts like this too Shannon! So happy you liked it : ) xx

      Delete
  20. You look absolutely STUNNING here! :) <3 I know I said it on instagram but I just love how you matched your lip colour with your dress! Plus that eyeshadow just makes your blue eyes POP! Gorgeous as always, lovely! xxxxxx

    Hayley
    www.theglasgowgirl.com

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Hayley, you've made my day lovely! Thank you so much for this comment - it really has made my day! xxxxxx

      Delete
  21. WOW! You look flawless. Amazing!! Sophie xx
    www.fashionnomads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you hun! What a lovely thing to say babe xx

      Delete
  22. You are absolutely gorgeous!! Red is definitely your color!!

    www.ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look! That lip colour is gorgeous :)
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous photos!!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look gorgeous! Great look on you :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS