Friday, 5 June 2015

#beautybloggerprobs.

Us beauty bloggers are all the same, and no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you don't get sucked into the beauty blogosphere hype, you have to admit that the days where you could walk through Boots without picking up any new makeup products are a thing of the past. Ever since starting blogging I have become a little bit obsessed - I can't wait for new makeup releases, whenever I see a product reviewed on a beauty blog I just have to have it, and I am a sucker for a photo with a pretty white background. Here are the #beautybloggerprobs that we've all come across in our time as a beauty blogger!
1. Not being able to use any new products until you have taken at least seventy four photos for the blog. 

2. Convincing yourself you need that beauty product as it will make for a fabulous blog post. 

3. Getting sucked in to the new product hype and counting down the days to beauty product releases.

4. There's no such thing as a five minute face; a strong contour and highlight is an absolute necessity. 

5. Trying your hardest to walk past Boots... One hour later you're leaving the store with a heap of new, unneeded goodies!

6. Instagramming every single minute of your life. 

7. Dreaming of living in a huge house where everything is completely white. 

8. Already having almost fifty red lipsticks, but popping another one into your online basket as it's an ever so slightly different shade that you must add to your collection. 

9. Forever buying little trinkets to jazz up your blog photo flat lays. 

10. Squealing a little whenever you see that Urban Decay are releasing a new Naked eyeshadow palette. 

11. No bath is complete without a Lush bath bomb - or three.

12. Resisting the urge to go into full on beauty product review mode whenever someone asks for a recommendation on a certain beauty product.

13. Friends and family members being shocked when they realise just how much makeup you actually have.

14. Doing a little happy dance when people complement your winged liner. 

15. Spending your Sunday morning lusting over everyone's Instagram breakfast snaps and just wishing your bowl of cereal was photogenic. 

16. Having a skincare regime that consists of at least four steps both morning and evening since starting a blog. 

17. Collecting products in your online baskets throughout the month and then blowing your whole monthly wage on new makeup. 

18. Telling yourself you're on a spending ban at the start of the month. Three days later you're awaiting the postman's arrival for your brand new beauty products!

19. Trying to find a white background for every Instagram photo. 

20. Looking forward to the #bbloggers chat so that you an add new products to your never-ending wish list.

21. And lastly, being so happy that you found the beauty blogosphere as you have finally found crazy beauty-obsessed people who can share your passion! Or should I say obsession?!

Can you relate? ; )
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

30 comments:

  1. This was such a funny post Jessie! I especially love 15 - 'just wishing your cereal bowl was photogenic' hahaha! I can definitely relate.
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah aw thanks Rebecca : ) so happy you liked it! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh man I'm glad I'm not solely a beauty blogger! I couldn't afford it.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bank balance takes a rinsing each month!! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I only started my blog to justify buying more makeup I don't need! I am now constantly on the hunt for white backgrounds and better lighting!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate Danielle : ) xx

      Delete
  4. I can definitely relate to this, even though I haven't been a blogger for all that long, and I don't only do beauty posts! But yes, especially the photography problems, I swear nothing in my house is white!

    xx Susan | Growing Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post a variety of content but am so engrossed in the beauty blogosphere! Thanks for reading hun : ) xx

      Delete
  5. Hhaha these are all brilliant and SO true! Especially #8 - guilty! You've managed to think of so many, love this post! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun : ) so happy you liked them! xx

      Delete
  6. Lol funny post! I guess I'm a terrible beauty blogger because I don't do much of those things... except maybe for the red lipstick thing... I might do that... sometimes lol

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Aww no.. I think I'm just an obsessed beauty blogger haha. You're more responsible ;) xx

      Delete
  7. Hahaha I love all of these, so relatable! Non-bloggers so don't understand it haha xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, Taylor! They really don't understand ; ) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh, these are SO true. Especially the spending ban one. Oops!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all guilty of that one Shannon ; ) xx

      Delete
  9. As a beauty blogger/everything blogger, I can say I agree with this 100%! I'm trying so hard not to get caught up but I just want everything! Hahaha, it hurts my wallet really...hahaha! This is so true, it hurts me!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks hun! It's so hard to keep away from the makeup aisle. Thank you :D xx

      Delete
  10. Great post! Very fun to read :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha love these girl!!! SO accurate! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, so many apply! I hate not being able to use products before I take photos and the white background dilemma is real!

    Laura | www.laurahadley.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha this is such a funny post, definitely made me chuckle. Thank you for sharing your beauty blogger problems. I know that all of us are guilty of some of those.

    www.sixthskyline.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with you !
    I'm a new follower dear. Check my blog and if you like it follow me back :)
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post Jessie, I agree with all of these - so funny! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahahah I can totally relate, especially to number 5!

    xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so guilty of giving the full blown review with a recommendation! I just can't stop myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I relate to so many of these points especially number 20! x

    https://jadeambersblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO relatable!! XD aah the joy of being a bblogger :)
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS