Sunday, 7 June 2015

Dress for the Occasion with George*.

Is it safe to say that summer is officially here? June has arrived and has brought with it some signs of summer, with the sun trying it's best to outshine the rain. I love summer. It's definitely my favourite time of year, as it's filled with events, sunshine (hopefully), holidays, festivals, lazy days, road trips and, of course, ice cream. Today's post is a collaboration with George at Asda, who very kindly sent me some pieces to put together a look book for you lovely readers. It's my first ever look book, so I'm super nervous to post it, but I really hope you enjoy.

George have a huge array of summer dresses to choose from - ranging from the flowing maxis, to the oversized shirts, to the casual minis - and there really is something to suit everyone and every occasion. There's even a fab range of maternity dresses for any of you mummy bloggers out there! I was spoilt for choice but opted for these very versatile dresses, which I think can be worn for a multitude of occasions! 

1. A Day at the Shops.

Shoes - River Island
Necklace - Miss Selfridge (last season)
Sunglasses - Topshop

This oversized shirt dress is fab and I love how it can be dressed up or down. It is a little square, so to give it some shape I opted to style mine with a waist belt, and I hoisted it up a little to bare my pasty pins (seriously can't wait to get away so I can get a tan!). I styled it with my current favourite tassel bag, and chunky sandals with some Willy Wonka style shades and a bejewelled necklace just popping out of the collar. This dress is perfect for a day at the shops because it's stylish, it's quite light and it's not too fitted, so there's room to breathe, shall we say? I also like the quirky print and the monochrome vibe. 

2. Holiday Fever. 

Sandals - Primark (last year)
Sunglasses - Topshop

For an easy, fuss-free holiday outfit this dress is a no-brainer. It's super bright so great for sunnier climates and again it's really light and stretchy so it's comfortable to wear when you're basking in the  evening sunlight. I like the tropical print too and it could be worn in the day to the beach, or in the evening when you're out for some drinks. I've opted for a casual look here, with some strappy, gladiator style sandals and my tassel bag. I've also added my Willy Wonka shades to pretend that I'm actually on a beach in Greece and not in freezing cold Wales. 

3. Special Event.

Bag - Primark (last year)

Summer events are always difficult to dress for, but this dress is ideal. Whether it's a wedding party, christening, summer BBQ or an evening of cocktails with the girls you just can't go wrong with white lace. It has a laced overlay with a plain white cotton dress underneath to cover your modesty. As the dress is so lacy and detailed I kept it minimalistic with these pretty sandals* also from George and a beaded clutch bag. I will say that these dresses are quite difficult to get to shape the body, so I would try before you buy to ensure the perfect fit.

A massive thank you to George at Asda and to the lovely team at Talented Talkers who worked with me with this one. I hope you all enjoyed my first look book. I'm excited to post many more in the future! 

What are your favourite summer pieces?
Have you checked out the dresses at George at Asda?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

* These products were sent for review.

34 comments:

  1. I've seen a few George collabs recently and I've been SO impressed by how stunning the pieces are. Every single piece in this post is so gorgeous (...and you look as amazing as always lady!! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually do have some amazing items on there! : ) Thank you so much lovely. xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the first dress! I'm just a big fan of monochrome colours.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first dress is gorrrrrrrrgeous! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank hun - it's my favourite too! xx

      Delete
  4. that first dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the first and last dresses are lovely! Asda really go get some lovely bits in!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do have some nice things! xx

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous dresses spesh that last white one! Loved this post, you should defo do more! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tasha! I have a few more planned :D xx

      Delete
  7. Woah these dresses are gorge!

    www.thegoodowl.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the first & second dresses. They are so beautiful & have a really cool design. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first dress !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos Jess! You look fab in them all! xxx

    EVE - http://haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your choices! Gorgeous dresses x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. all great choices! adore the last look, so pretty :)

    Charlotte Harvs - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all gorge, but I am in love with the holiday fever one!! George do a great range of clothes don't they
    Ali
    http://www.passionsandpreening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! They really do some fab pieces. xx

      Delete
  14. All three of your George at Asda dresses are lovely! I love the pretty tropical print of the shirt-dress in the first outfit, the beautiful colour of the bodcon palm print dress in the second outfit, and the lovely feminine lace of the George at Asda crochet dress in the third outfit. They all look beautiful.

    my Blog | my YouTube | my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment : ) they do some amazing pieces and are so versatile. xx

      Delete
  15. Love the looks, every outfit suits you perfectly!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely look book! I think the first one is my favorite <3
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pink dress! You have styled it beautifully! Love your blog! Got so many tips! Xx

    If you have free time check my blog out : jadepearld.blogspot.co.uk
    Do you have blog lovin? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS