Thursday, 11 June 2015

OOTD | One Direction.

After months of waiting, this weekend I finally got to see One Direction live in concert. (For those of you who aren't a fan, then please just skip to the next paragraph as there is going to be some gushing about how amazing they were - sorry ;) hehe!) They were so amazing, and I'm so glad I went to see them. My crush on Niall has just grown to another level, and now I am also falling for Harry Styles. I was never sure of the hype, but after seeing him live it has really made me understand why people like him so much... 

But anyway, enough of that! It was my cousin's fifteenth birthday the day after, so it was her birthday treat, and we had an amazing time and are already looking into booking the next concert! For today's post I thought I would show you what I wore to the concert. I find concerts are a difficult event to dress for as you want to be dressed up but don't want to look as if you're off to a night club, but you also need something comfortable considering a lot of the time you're standing for hours on end for the band/singer to come on stage. 
Blazer - Mum's Wardrobe
Crop Top - River Island
Jeans - Topshop (similar)
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Miss Selfridge
Sunglasses - Topshop
Necklace - Miss Selfridge (last season)

I opted for a look which I think defines smart casual - choosing a printed blazer and platform shoes for the 'smart' and wearing it with a black crop top and ripped jeans to add a bit of casual. The blazer is actually my mum's, which I nicked from her wardrobe, but I absolutely loved the fit and the printed pattern that featured a swirl of colours. I picked out the blue and black from the blazer to colour co-ordinate with a black sheer crop top from River Island and jeans, which are Toyshop's Joni jeans that I absolutely love. 

For shoes I chose my favourite platform sandals/flatforms, from River Island, as they are quite dressy, I think, but still not too much for a concert, even if my feet do end up in blisters after every wear. I also accessorised with a statement necklace, my new shades from Topshop and my favourite tasselled bag from Miss Selfridge. 

What is your go-to concert look?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

43 comments:

  1. My friends has such a One Direction crush and it i so cute! They're coming to our country this weekend and she doesn't have tickets because she doesn't want to admit that she wants to go. She so does! Super cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my boyfriend is like that ; ) I think he secretly loves them! Thank you Ella : ) xx

      Delete
  2. That blazer is gorgeous! Your mum has good taste! Glad you enjoyed the concert :) xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! She's a trendy mum indeed : ) it was brill, thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit on you! You always look amazing! Hope you had an amazing time hun, sure sounds like you did xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Abbie! : ) that's so kind of you. I really had a fab time! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit! The jacket / coat is so so lovely, definitely something I'd want in my wardrobe x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! It's perfect for a concert! Glad you enjoyed One Direction :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! : ) It was really good! xx

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love what you wore, the bag is lovely! I've been wanting one with fringing for ages!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Alice : ) the bag literally never leaves my side - I love it! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, wow! I love the blazer and necklace. Hope you had a great time :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thans Laura : ) Yes it was fab thank you xx

      Delete
  8. Your jeans are perfection <3 Great outfit! I hope you had an amazing time at the concert~
    xxx
    She Will Be
    Want to enter my kawaii giveaway? Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks hun : ) they are my favourites. And it was fab thank you xx

      Delete
  9. You look so pretty !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is so gorgeous and I am in love with your/your mum's blazer! I generally go for a denim short + kimono combo for concerts at the moment, and converse because my feet cannot handle it :( X

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! : ) Ahh yes that's a great look.. Luckily we were seated so didn't have to worry about standing all night! xx

      Delete
  11. You look gorgeous and I love the necklace!! <3

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sandals! I think you got the balance of dressy but comfy just right and I would have gone for something similar too :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! The sandals are so lush but I always end up in blisters :( xx

      Delete
  13. I love what you wore to the concert and I think you got the look spot on! That blazer is lush.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! : ) I loved it.. Haven't given it back to my mum yet - oops! ;) xx

      Delete
  14. Cute outfit! Loving the ripped jeans!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your jeans!! And cute jacket! :)

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the jacket xx

    www.seeonebuyone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bag and jacket! Such a nice outfit xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm afraid I'm not a 'directioner' or whatever it is they call it :P, but I LOVE your outfit! The blazer and sandals really add something! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Karen - that is a shame ;) thank you so much!! xx

      Delete
  19. Love your outfit!!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    Check out my Father's Day giveaway!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous girl, as ever! Love those shoes. Hope you had a fab time at the concert! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks lovely - it was really good thank you! xx

      Delete
  21. Oh Jessie I love your style - you always look amazing! I'm glad you had such a good time at 1D too :) that tassle bag is dreamy!

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Hazel : ) so kind of you xx

      Delete
  22. Ooo what a gorgeous outfit, i love the fringed bag, i have a similar one from H&M! Glad you had a good time, i bet one direction were amazing, i definitely have a crush on Harry Styles haha xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS