Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Review | Benefit's High Brow.

If there's one thing us beauty bloggers can't live without it's a strong brow game. Seriously, I loved brows before, but since I started blogging I have been absolutely obsessed with making sure my brows are on fleek (sorry guys, I just had to!). I use gel, powder and wax (Benefit's Gimme Brow and Brow Zings) to get my brows defined and in shape and I decided that, now summer is here, I wanted something to give them a little lift and to really highlight the brows. That's where Benefit's High Brow comes in.

I have seen many snippets of this product across the blogoshpere over the past few weeks, and when I was out shopping with my mum she convinced me to buy it as I had been lusting over it for some time. High Brow is basically a brow enhancing pencil, with a light cream-coloured pigmentation, that you pencil under the brows and around the eye area to instantly lift the eyes. I wanted it instantly and thought it would be perfect for the summer, as it claims to give a gorgeous, bright glow. The pencils come in two shades - Linen Pink and High Brow Glow - I chose Linen Pink as it's more natural, whereas High Brow Glow has a shimmery finish and is a little more golden.
Firstly, I just love the packaging. It comes in a cute little box and the pencil is so sleek and bright. It has creamy, pink swirls and looks like something out of Candyland - so Benefit! I also love how thick it is. It has a much bigger circumference than your average pencil so you get a thicker application of product. This is ideal as you can apply it in sweeping strokes under the brow and it covers all areas without having to go back and reapply.

The pencil has a gorgeous, creamy consistency, but it's still very matte with a really definitive pigmentation. It is quite white when you first apply it, but it is easily blendable and gives a nice, natural finish with a gorgeous highlight. I apply mine in a line underneath the eyebrow and then blend it out using my ring finger to cover the brow bone and to blend with whatever eyeshadow I am wearing that day. It really is that simple. You do need to be careful that you don't apply too much, and it does take practice to get that perfect application. However, once perfected you get a gorgeous, highlighted brow-bone that is naturally enhanced to give the brows a real lift. Your brows look more defined and your eyes bigger and more alert. It really is that easy to achieve the look of the A-Listers with a simple, effective pencil.
I have used High Brow every day since I bought it, and it's not just the brows you can highlight. I have used mine on darker circles under the eyes and even along the nose and the cupid's bow of the lips. It's an all round highlighter, even though it's specifically made to wow those brows. At £16.50 it is quite pricey, but the product is so versatile and you hardly need to use any product to get a perfectly highlighted finish, so it's sure to last. If you're a lover of beautiful brows, like me, then I can't recommend it enough!

Have you tried High Brow?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

34 comments:

  1. It's so true that bloggers go crazy over brows. I always liked a neat - but massive - brow but lately I've been getting so much eye brow envy it's ridiculous ;) Love the sound of this product, I'm not a huge fan of shimmery brow highlights so this sounds like the perfect, subtle shade :)

    Elle
    http://www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brow envy is a real condition haha! I wish I had bigger brows. This is lovely, and so natural looking! xx

      Delete
  2. Oooo must give a go! x

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really bother highlighting under my brows but I'd like to start, maybe just for special occasions. This sounds like the product to try it with - whenever I see swatches it looks beautiful.
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to either and then I was like - omg I must start haha! It is really good : ) xx

      Delete
  4. Haha I'm totally clueless when it comes to my brows - but this sounds like a fun thing to try out one day!

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea for a product! The formula sounds fab too :) The use of 'on fleek' made me chuckle by the way :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is fantastic - it's so gorgeous and creamy! Hahah, I probably used it in the completely wrong context - I don't even know what 'on fleek' means but I'm assuming it applies to brows ;) xx

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with brows now too! I really must give this a go as I love their other brow products, i use high beam as a highlighter at the moment and love it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh i love High Beam too! It's gorgeous - this is a little less shimmery so good for everyday! xx

      Delete
  7. I never realised how important my brows would be to me before blogging! haha I use a similar product but it's a powder so there is a bit of fall out so this pencil sounds amazing! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah same here Tasha! Ooh that product sounds good. But yes, this is so easy to use! xx

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a great product but as you said it is pretty pricy x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but I think it will last for ages! : ) xx

      Delete
  9. I love benefit products but they always seem a little bit overpriced! x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite expensive, but I do think they are worth it! xx

      Delete
  10. I've always wondered whether or not to get this as I'm trying my hardest to make my brows look better at the moment haha. This might be what I'm looking for! ;)

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I'm sure you'll love it Beth! : ) xx

      Delete
  11. I've tried this, and loved it until I tried out the Milani version of this product and love it even more (because it's a yellow tone, which I prefer, and much cheaper). But I do love this product and I love highlighting my brow with a creamy pencil!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh i didn't realise there was a Milani version. I seriously need to check out Milani! xx

      Delete
  12. I need something like this, I definitely going to pick it up great review.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Hi-Brow, it's such an amazing product! I have started using it on my waterline now too instead of a white eyeliner and it works just as well at brightening the eyes, fab review hunni xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's so good : ) ooh that sounds good - I'll have to give it a go! Thanks lovely, xxx

      Delete
  14. I've tried something similar and it was quite strange, but this looks really good I would love to try!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what was that? This is really good : ) xx

      Delete
  15. I need to start using some brow highlighter - it makes such a difference! But maybe I should try something from the drugstore fist, in case I can't conquer my laziness - I wouldn't want to waste my money on sth pricey if I'm not sure I'm gonna be using it.
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. if anyone can sell this product it's you! I love the sound of it :) I don't really know what I did with ym brows before blogging? In fact I don't even want to know haha. Concealeing and highlighting around your brows really defines them doesn't it :) I can't go a day without sorting my brows out either and this post has reminded me I need to give mine a tint (the joys of being a woman) wooooo ha xxxxx

    www.chanellejade.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This product sounds worth a try, I've been looking for something decent for my first buy and you may have just sold me on this one!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. great as always :) kisses!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tried anything from Benefit, but I'm dying to! <3

    www.thatnewyorkgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS