Thursday, 25 June 2015

Review | Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush.

For those of you who regularly read my blog you will know that I have now become obsessed with skincare - Clinique skincare to be exact - and the newest addition to my skincare regime is Clinique's Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. The brush is dermatologically developed and uses sonic movements, with two different bristle types, to really reach those difficult areas and to give your face a thorough clean. This is something we really need in today's environment which is filled with anti-oxidants, and its particularly essential for those of us who wear a full face of makeup every day. 

I have been using this brush for the past month now and am really impressed by it. Before I was using face cloths and just splashing water on my face and while my skin has really improved, this brush has taken it to the next level by really removing every inch of makeup and dirt on my face. What's more, it has really reduced the redness that I was getting from scrubbing with a face cloth as it is softer and more gentle on the skin. 

Clinique recommends that you begin by using the brush for thirty seconds all over the face and gradually building up to one minute twice a day (both morning and evening). I remove my makeup before use and then apply my cleanser and dampen the brush with some warm water before turning it on and gently sweeping it across my face in circular motions across the cheeks and in upwards and downwards movements on the t-zone. You don't need to apply any pressure when cleansing as the brush does all this for you, and if you do it can be too harsh for the skin.

As you can see from the above photo, the brush head has two different bristle types. The white are for all over usage, so you can cleanse the cheeks and forehead, while the green are a little harsher so that you can angle the brush to really dig into the areas that you usually miss when cleansing. I find them really beneficial for cleansing around the nose and those pesky spots I tend to get on my forehead and chin. I find this has really helped to reduce the pores on my nose and to combat those tiny blemishes also. It helps to let your moisturiser and products really seep into the skin and to give a gorgeous radiant finish. 

I will say that my skin has really improved since using the Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. It's a lot clearer, there is reduced redness and my skin actually glows. It is soft to touch and your skin is left looking and feeling fabulous. I use twice daily, but not on the days I am exfoliating as I don't want to overdo the skin and create excess oil, and I feel so fresh after usage. Admittedly, the brush is very pricey at £79.00, but I like to think of it as an investment. This is going to be so long lasting and will outrun face cloths and wipes as well as seriously benefiting my skin. I was concerned that it would be too harsh but I haven't had any experiences like that. I simply buff over the skin and the results are outstanding. 

Have you tried this product?
It's another thumbs up for Clinique for me! 
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I have been using this too, I popped a review up a few weeks ago and its really lovely for the price. I was sent a Magnitone to try so going to see how that fairs in comparison as this is just super easy to use xx

    Kenzie
    LemonaidLies - Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. I have the Magnitone Pulsar and love it. They are very similar.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting a good skin care routine every morning and evening is one of the best things I ever did for my skin. I actually cringe when I think of the days when I used to just scrub at my face with a make up wipe. This cleansing brush sounds great. I actually think compared to others on the market, it's reasonably priced! It sounds fab, I'll have to check it out for sure.

    P.s. hope you're having the BEST holiday :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this reduced redness and make your skin glow, those are my biggest concerns so I definitely need to look into this. Stunning pics too lady :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS