Monday, 1 June 2015

Review | Clinique's 7 Day Scrub Cream.

The amount of review posts I have done on Clinique's skincare products lately is getting quite ridiculous. I feel as though I should have shares in the company as slowly, but surely, their skincare range is taking over my life. I just cannot get enough! For those of you who don't know, a few months ago I was in a state of despair as my skin was in turmoil. I had huge, nasty boils all over my face and lots of horrid, little spots sitting under my skin waiting to explode. It was horrible and made me feel so uncomfortable. I wouldn't leave the house without a heavy mask of makeup and it was starting to really wear me down. One day I decided enough was enough. I got myself a Clinique skincare regime (read about it here and here) and started to really take care of my skin and I haven't looked back since!

The newest addition to my collection is Clinique's 7 Day Scrub Cream. While my skin had pretty much cleared - apart from the odd hormonal/stress-related breakout - I was getting a collection of little spots under the skin along my forehead. You know the ones that you can't see unless you shine the light onto your skin and then you realise you have a small army on your face? Well, them! When I went for my Celtic Manor facial (read here) the dermatologist told me that this was caused by a build up of dry skin on the forehead, which was trapping any excess oil under the skin. As the oil had nowhere to go, it was causing spots to form and she suggested adding an exfoliator to my skincare regime a few times a week.

I picked up this 7 Day Scrub Cream from Clinique for two reasons. Firstly, as Clinique works so well on my skin I didn't want to venture into another brand in case it messed up my whole regime. Secondly, I wanted something that wasn't too heavy, and the 7 Day Scrub Cream, and as it's a scrub cream, it's a little softer on the skin than the full-blown exfoliator. Containing fine grains in a cream base, the 7 Day Scrub Cream claims to clear pores, de-flake, polish and refine, as well as controlling oil-related problems. It's a product that is suitable for all skin types and combats a range of skin problems. I was very excited to try and the results have been brilliant!

I apply this after cleansing my face in circular motions with my fingers and I use it all over the face, but especially on areas that get particularly spot prone, such as the forehead and chin. It feels soft to touch but when you start to work the cream into the skin you can feel the little grains, but they are not too harsh. It feels really invigorating actually and you know you're getting a really thorough clean. I then rinse off with some warm water, but I will say that you need to do this thoroughly and the product does take a lot of rinsing to completely remove. I then complete my skincare regime with a toner, moisturiser and gel and my skin feels absolutely amazing. It's so soft to touch and I am left feeling completely refreshed.

But, the question remains - does it work? And I can say that it absolutely does, but I will warn you that it brings the blemishes out. The first time I used it I applied in the evening and the next morning I woke up to find the spots that were under the skin had really come to boil. They weren't angry or red but had come to the brim, and I think that's a really good thing. It meant that the product was working and after just one usage the dead skin cells had been removed and the excess oil was breaking free. After doing my usual skincare regime that morning I could see that my skin was so much clearer, and those little spots under the skin had pretty much disappeared! That's after just one usage - I couldn't believe my luck.

I've been using the 7 Day Scrub every other day, even though you can use it every day. I just don't want to overuse it so that my skin counteracts the product and creates extra oil and creates more spots. I just love using it and actually look forward to it. Every time I feel I have some blemishes brewing I use this bad boy on the area and the next day the spots are virtually removed. It's truly a brilliant product, giving the skin a thorough scrubbing but without causing any irritation or redness. The only thing I will say is that if you have an event where you don't want to have your blemishes at breaking point then I wouldn't use it the night before, just in case.

As for the oil control, I have seen an improvement, but I cannot tell whether that's from this product alone or from a combination of other factors. The pores on my nose are visibly reduced though and any dry patches are eliminated whilst giving a lovely polish. I would have to say that I cannot fault the brand's claims, they certainly are true to their word.

It's another thumbs up for Clinique from me!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

31 comments:

  1. I have dry/sensitive skin so not sure this is suitable for me but I'm pleased it works for you, and I'm a massive fan of Clinique skincare. I've just finished the sample pf their serum that was a magazine freebie last month and am thinking about purchasing it :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work for all skin types an would probably be good at exfoliating dry areas, but probably best to ask for a sample first just in case : ) ooh, I would! Their products are so good. xx

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't heard of this product before but it does sound lovely! Clinique has always worked for me in the past as well, so I might check this out! ;)

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Clinique : ) definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds great. The Clinique anti blemish system worked wonders for my skin. I have to say I love your nails here!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant range isn't it? Aw thank you Kirsty : ) xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing, I actually haven't tried anything by Clinique, lovely post!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anika! Definitely give them a try xx

      Delete
  5. I'm always really wary about scrubs because some of them are terrible for your skin, but this one seems so nice I'll have to go have a look at one at a counter!

    Harriet Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, this one is brilliant though : ) It's still really gentle! xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Katie : ) so happy you like it! xx

      Delete
  7. I do love Clinique, so no doubt I'll be having a nose next time I pass. But I do find it annoying when your skin improves but you cant quite tell which item did it haha.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really brilliant : ) haha.. The spot removal is definitely from this product but I've been wearing different foundations so can't tell which is helping the oil control haha! xx

      Delete
  8. I had a similar experience with my skin about two years ago, so I know just how amazing it feels to get your skin under control and to finally have a clearer complexion! I have found some Clinique products to be too harsh on my skin before, but I love the sound of this scrub, so I'll definitely check it out when I'm next at a counter!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best feeling! : ) yes, have a look and let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  9. Oh this sounds really good - I like how it just makes spots calm down quicker than normal! It's good when you find a brand that works for you and your skin - I used a product about 4 years ago and had a major breakout so I know the feeling when things don't work for you.

    I quite like Clarins, I find they work well for me and haven't been disappointed but I'm SO tempted to take a look at this product too - it's sounds really lovely! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks hun, it really is amazing and I'm so glad I picked it up! :) I've never actually tried Clarins bt am so impressed with Clinique. I would definitely say to have a look. Let me know if you give anything a try xx

      Delete
  10. I have sensitive skin and this worked really well for me x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's good to hear! I think it's a bit of an all-round product. xx

      Delete
  11. I found Clinique too strong for my skin in the past, so am always worried about trying their products again, this sounds really good though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really soft on the skin .. I'm sure you would love it Karis! xx

      Delete
  12. I haven't tried any of Cliniques skincare, only their makeup. I should really change this!

    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve tried quite a few of Clinique’s skin care products, I love the gel moisturiser but find the toners and washes too drying. This sounds lovely though, I like when scrubs have grains that aren’t too intense! I’d rather have something bring out my spots too so that I can get rid of them rather than lurking for ever.

    India | Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh they work perfectly for me because I have oily skin! It's really good and definitely brings them out. You should give it a try! xx

      Delete
  14. Oh this looks really interesting! I'm also oily so I think I might give this a shot :)

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds fab hunni! I have to be careful with clinique skincare as not all of it agrees with my skin, but this one sounds worth a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. argghh it's so annoying when you can't tell which product is making the positive changes to your ckin isn't it? my skin has been so good since changing my foundation from mac and loreal to bourjois though, it's crazy! this scrub does sound amazing though, it's one of those things that I always forget to do unless if I'm having a break out :| xxxxxx

    www.chanellejade.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds amazing! Such a good, detailed and informative post! I love a good face scrub that really gets all the dirt out and removes any dead skin cells! I definitely need to try more Clinique skincare out, it sounds amazing!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a big fan of Clinique. I have a few of their products, but I've never tried the scrub. Btw, I feel like a lot of products, that do work for my skin, first bring out the blemishes but over time it actually clears up my face.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS