Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Review | MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam Miley.

One of the blogosphere's holy grail beauty products has to be the infamous MAC lipstick. With astounding quality, an array of vibrant shades that spans every colour of the rainbow and sleek packaging, the MAC lipstick has become an absolute favourite of mine and slowly, but surely, my collection is growing. The most recent addition is Viva Glam Miley Cyrus - a limited edition lipstick for 2015 fronted by Miley Cyrus - and it's safe to say, I'm in love. What's more, the full RRP (minus VAT) of the lipstick is donated to the MAC Aids Fund, which is a registered charity to help women, men and children affected by AIDS around the world.


First thing's first, this lipstick is bright. And when I say bright, I mean fluorescent. It is a super vibrant fuchsia pink shade, with a slightly blue undertone to really add to the brightness and is perfect for the summer time in my opinion. It gives an instant pop of colour to a more neutral makeup look. It is described as a 'super sexy hot pink' and I believe it fits the bill perfectly. The pigmentation really is fantastic. 

My favourite thing about MAC lipsticks is how easily they glide onto the lips. Viva Glam Miley does this too, allowing for an effortless application that gives an instant vibrancy. You can apply this in one swift swoop to see the full affect of the lipstick and it has a lovely shiny finish, without looking too much like a gloss. I believe it mixes the elements of matte and gloss really well, to give a bold colour with a slight sheen that is hydrating to the lips. The durability is really good too, as it doesn't bleed into the skin around the lips. I would say that it starts to need another application after about four hours, but it does leave a pinky tint to the lips, so if you have a long day it's sure to last. 

Finally, the packaging. I love the alternate twist to the standard MAC lipstick style, with its bright pink casing and Miley's signature finish. It also makes it really recognisable when hunting through your lipstick stash due to its alternative look. 

All in all, this is a fabulous lipstick, although not one for people who shy away from statement shades. It has an amazing, bold pigmentation, it's long lasting and doesn't bleed, the packaging is really unique and buying it means you're donating to charity and helping those who need it. I would recommend those of you who love bright shades to pick this up on your next shopping spree!

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Wow this colour is just crazy! I would love to try it but I don't think it would be something I would regularly wear.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised by how much I've worn it! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow - this is such a gorgeous colour!!! I haven't tried it but I do like bright colours like this with a little bit of eyeliner, perfect casual makeup and lovely for summer too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's ideal for the summer! : ) You should give this a try! xx

      Delete
  3. I wonder how this swatches.. It looks gorgeous!!!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I really should have done a swatch! xx

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous from packaging to colour!
    I still haven't bought a mac lipstick yet - there's just so much choice!!
    Definitely an evening statement shade :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh they're amazing, you should definitely pick one up soon! xx

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh obsessed! Such a gorgeous colour :)

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! that looks amazing xxx i wish you did a swatch of a photo of them on your lips
    but still it looks beautiful x

    La Petite Mademoiselle , a blog by Lisa Santos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I'll be sure to add swatches to my future posts. xx

      Delete
  7. Girl, I just love your reviews! This looks and sounds absolutely beautiful, I do love a bold lip that's durable so this sounds right up my street! Will definitely be having a swatch of this on the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much hun! It is really gorgeous. I think it would look amazing on you : ) xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a gorgeous lipstick lovely, I've seen it on a few bloggers now it's just stunning. Such a fab, well written review lady :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun : ) it's really lovely! xx

      Delete
  9. I love MAC lipsticks! It looks red so I was quite taken aback to read that it was fuchsia wish there was a swatch! But such an informative post nonetheless! Thanks for sharing xx

    Shaqinah || Shoes and Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too : ) Ahh i always forget about swatches but will be sure to include them in future posts! xx

      Delete
  10. This looks like a gorgeous lipstick, so vibrant! I can't wait to see it on you!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! Ooh thank you hun : ) xx

      Delete
  11. Love this colour! Great choice xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS