Sunday, 21 June 2015

Summer Holiday Essentials featuring The Hut*.

The day has finally come! In just a few hours myself and my boyfriend, Dan, are heading to Cyprus for a week of sun, sea and cocktails. To say I am excited would be an understatement as I am in desperate need of a getaway to just relax and recuperate after a crazy past few months. For today's post I thought I would share with you some of my absolute essentials for a week in the sun!


1. Sunglasses
One thing I seriously need for a holiday is a pair of fancy shades. Not only do they keep the sun out of your eyes, but they are a life saver for covering your face when you've had a few too many cocktails the night before. I have these amazing round glasses from Topshop and they have not left my face since I bought them. 

2. Sun Protection / After-Sun Protection
Don't be a dingbat and stay safe in the sun! If I'm not careful I get ridiculously burnt so always keep topped up with suncream. I use SPF 30 to begin with and then go down to SPF 20 by the end of the week as I do want to get a nice tan, and I apply before heading out for the day as well as while I'm out and especially after being in the water. Even if it is "waterproof" you can never be too safe. This year I will be using Garner Ambre Solaire which is a lovely creamy texture so is moisturising as well as protecting. I also think treating your skin after a day in the sun is essential so I like to use an after sun, as well as The Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter which helps to enhance your tan and also smells divine.
3. Travel Minis
If, like me, you like to take at least thirty outfits for a week (you know, just in case!) then travel minis are essential. I bought little plastic containers from B&M Bargains last year and they are a lifesaver. I just squeeze some shampoo, conditioner and skincare products into the bottles and am good to go for the whole week. I also like mini eye makeup removers and cleansers to remove my makeup and anything that's full size I sneak into Dan's suitcase. ;)

4. Towel*
While hotels do provide towels I always like to take my own for lounging by the pool and for me the brighter the better. I absolutely love this towel* from The Hut as it has such a gorgeous reversible pattern and is so bright and summery. I'll always be able to find my sun lounger with this beauty. It also has an amazing quality and is really soft so will make for a comfy bed. There lots of different towels to choose from so if you're heading on a summer vacay then check them out here!

5. Flip Flops
While I love my pretty sandals and glitzy shoes for the evenings, in the day time you can't beat a pair of flip flops when you're just relaxing by the pool or heading for a day at the beach. I always buy mine from Accessorize as they have pretty designs and fabulous quality so are sure to last. 

6. Bikinis
Anyone else go overboard when buying bikinis? It's the one time a year I really wear them so I always go to town and take enough so that I have a different one for a different occasion. I absolutely love bright bikinis that have a bit of support and look unique and funky and this luminous beauty fits the bill perfectly. 

7. Perfume 
Anyone else always remember their holidays when they smell their favourite perfumes? I always do this and I love to have a gorgeously (is that a word?) scented perfume to spritz whilst on holiday. Also really helpful for when you're a bit sweaty after a hard day of relaxing by the pool. 
8. Travel Documents / Passports
Okay, time for the boring stuff, but it's so important. Don't forget your passport, travel documents and flight information, insurance (so important and so cheap to buy too!), money and any other documents you may need. I like to take mine in a little plastic wallet so I have everything safe and all in order. I also check about four billion times before leaving that I have it all in place and then check every five minutes in the airport - I am a worrier!


9. A Good Book
And last, but not least, a good book is essential. Having the chance to relax and read is one of my favourite things about going on holiday as it's very rare I get a chance when I'm home. I love taking my Amazon Kindle and making sure it's fully loaded with different books as I get quite engrossed and end up reading about four by the end of the week! This is much to Dan's dismay as he has nobody to talk to as I'm lost in a fictional world!

Another few essentials would be any medication, some plasters (I always manage to hurt my feet on holiday somehow) and some spare cash to do some souvenir shopping, as well as enough space for all your clothes, underwear, shoes, bags, accessories and toiletries. I would say try not to overpack, but then I would be a hypocrite!

Are you heading away this year?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! Great essentials I pretty much agree with them all :)
    That bikini is gorgeous!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I want Summer to come back in Australia! I'm really cold, I want the beach.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can't go bikini overboard when you're on holiday, when else can you? Make sure you take some talc with you. It dries your skin and makes sand super easy to get off on the beach! I never go to the beach without it.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the body shop body butter and always use it! Where is that bikini from? I love it. I want one like that with the criss cross bit underneath xx
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bikini you've shown here. I was in cyprus this time last year. Hope you have a great holiday.

    M xx

    The CSI Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. great selection. After sun is my fav one too, also dry shampoo is something that I cannot live without.

    Happy Monday
    Ewelina
    xxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love this post hun, I have a holiday essentials post coming this week too and totally with you on these points. Love the sunnies, so pretty :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS