Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Tag | Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty.

When stuck for inspiration there's nothing I love more than a good, old tag! I think it's a great way to talk about something different on your blog and to discuss something you haven't before, so when I was searching for ideas to blog about to fill the week while I'm away in Cyprus (*currently sunning myself up on the beach as you're reading this - jealous?*) and stumbled across this post on Heather's blog I decided to tag myself and get started straight away! I just loved the idea as it's different from any other tag I've done before.
GREED: What is your inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most expensive beauty product is probably one of my eyeshadow palettes - either my Vice 3 palette from Urban Decay which costs £45, or my Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess Quad which comes in at £_ and was bought for me by my lovely boyfriend last Christmas. They do have a super hefty price tag but I've worn and worn them, and I would say they are definitely worth the money as the quality and pigmentation of the respective palettes is equally fabulous. My most inexpensive products are probably my lipsticks. Apart from my growing MAC lipstick collection, I usually tend to opt for drug store lippies as I always end up losing them.

WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?
I'm still trying in vain to get my hands on MAC's Velvet Teddy lipstick. The Kylie Jenner lip is a favourite of mine and I am desperate to get Velvet Teddy so I am able to complete the look! I would say my love/hate relationship is with Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I absolutely love how it looks on my skin - the finish really is flawless - but after wearing it for a long period of time it does cause break outs as it's so heavy on the skin. There is always the struggle of whether to wear it and have a flawless face and risk a break out, or to leave it and just make do with my powder foundations. #thestruggleisreal.

GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? 
Oh my god, it has to be The Body Shop's Body Butters. They seriously smell divine. I used to work there and would always come out smelling like a walking fruit bowl and now that I'm not there I use them often to moisturise my legs and arms. My favourite has to be coconut because it helps to enhance your tan and smells delicious too.

SLOTH: What beauty products do you neglect due to laziness?
Okay, I think we're all guilty of this, but I always neglect my makeup brushes. I leave the cleaning for way longer than I should but the task is so boring and tedious and I don't even have that many brushes. It does feel great after they are all done though, and my makeup does apply a lot better. It's just getting round to doing it! I also always neglect my primer. I think it's because I've never actually found a product that works as it should, so any recommendations would be fab. 

PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? 
For me it's a bold, smoky eye. I love doing my eye makeup and am always experimenting with different makeup looks and colours. My eyes are quite big as it is so when I do my full eye makeup routine I am always left with eyes the size of saucers but it really does make me feel a lot more confident. I could never leave the house without some mascara and eyebrows too, of course, but the whole shebang really makes me feel a lot more confident.

LUST: What products are you currently lusting over?
I always love the look of YSL makeup. The packaging is so pretty and classy. It's basically a beauty bloggers' dream and I seriously need to get my hands on some. I also want to try some more Charlotte Tilbury products. Everything I see always looks so pretty and I have been so impressed by the products that I have tried from CT. Ooh, there's one more brand I would love to get my hands on and that's Anastasia Beverly Hills. I would love to try their brow and contour kits. My dad currently works in Canada and will be heading home next month for my graduation so I'm going to beg him to get one for me!

ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? 
Perfumes are always a fabulous gift, and it's something I wouldn't necessarily splurge on myself so they are always welcome. My favourite perfumes are Armani's 'Diamonds', Dolce and Gabbana's 'Dolce' and anything by Marc Jacobs, especially as the bottles look gorgeous on your dressing table. 

If you would like to take part in this tag then please feel free and let me know if you do as I would love to read your opinions on the Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty. I tag Jasmine, Jenna, Abigail, Emily and Rebecca.

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

9 comments:

  1. My most expensive makeup product has to be my MAC eyeshadow palettes, but I love them and would pay the price all over again!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, can't wait to do this tag! Trying to think of all the answers as I read yours haha. Hope you're having a lovely holiday!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, the Velvet Teddy lipstick is on the Mac website with free delivery and a free mascara! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to get the Estee Lauder foundation but I went for Clinique instead, I seriously want to give it a go though.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tag! If you're finding the original Double Wear too heavy, you should try the Double Wear Light - it's still got amazing coverage and has a lovely finish, but it isn't as heavy. It's really helped my breakouts. Have an amazing holiday!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post:)))
    xoxo
    Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the body shop body butters too!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved reading your answers, i feel you on the makeup brushes problem - it's just so tedious but necessary!
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Marc Jacobs perfumes I'm a bit addicted to them! I'd love to be brought something from Chanel, and as I've only really got into high end makeup recently my most expensive item is my Naked 2 palette which I treated myself to in January and I love it!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS