Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Beautiful Brows with Benefit.

Hands up if you love a strong, defined brow?! (*Throws hands in the air and waves like them like I just don't care.*) Like all beauty bloggers I am completely obsessed with having good eyebrows, but believe that perfecting them truly is an art. I used to find it quite difficult to get the balance and often my brows ended up either looking too thin and wiry or like two bloated caterpillars wiggling across my forehead. However, with a little help from three miracle products from my favourite beauty brand, Benefit, I think I've finally mastered the art of defining my brows! With these three products come three steps - to shape, to define and to highlight - and that's it!

The first product I use to define my brows is Benefit's Gimme Brow, and it's something I really cannot live without. Gimme Brow is a brow fibre gel which you apply with a teeny, built-in brush along your brows. The gel basically clings to your brow hairs and skin to create brows where there weren't ones before; kind of like a paint, but with a really natural, light finish. It's great for girls like me who need a little help to actually define them after unnecessary plucking during the teenage years!  I sweep this across my brows in a smooth arch and then taper the ends in place with the point of the brush which is ideal for executing those tail ends with precision. The result is a natural, even-looking brow that is super long wearing and smudge and water resistant. It is priced at £18.50 but is so long wearing and a little really goes a long way - it lasts for ages! If you haven't tried Gimme Brow already then, I urge you, you must! It's absolutely amazing.
Although Gimme Brow gives a decent amount of coverage, and looks gorgeous with a natural base and eye look, I personally prefer a move defined, bold finish and use Benefit's Brow Zings to achieve this. As you can see from the above photograph, Brow Zings uses a combination of wax and powder to create a perfect eyebrow look. I firstly apply the wax with a long, angled brush along my brows in a sort of painting motion, filling in gaps in my brows as I go. It applies like a cream and soon sets into a deep brown, which can then be mattified with the lighter shade of powder to achieve an overall natural finish. The product is buildable, so I would recommend starting off by sweeping along the brows lightly at first before pressing more firmly and adding more product to the areas that need it most. 

Brow Zings comes with a small brush and tweezer set which is ideal for touch-ups and banishing pesky stray hairs, although I will admit that I rarely use them. I find that once the product is applied it is really long wearing, so you don't have to worry about your brows disappearing, although it can smudge if vigorously rubbed. The powder is probably my favourite part of the whole kit, just because it's super pigmented and looks great both with and without the wax; though the wax is great for setting the brows and keeping the powder in place. 

This kit is slightly more expensive at £24.50, but again it lasts for months! A little sure does go a long way and I absolutely love wearing it. Your brows look flawless! It's no wonder that it's been awarded the UK's no.1 best selling eyebrow product for the last five years...

And finally there comes a new addition to my brow routine (yep, I really do have a brow routine!) and that is the wonderful High Brow. This cream highlighting pencil is amazing for emphasising just how wonderful your eyebrows are, now that they've been prettily shaped and defined. You apply this along the brow bone to really highlight your eyes and it works to make your eyes appear bigger, more alert and can even help mature ladies to look a little younger.

It is of a thick, creamy consistency which is rather bright and pigmented when applied, so I like to apply a little in the centre of the brow bone and then use my ring finger to spread it out underneath the brows. This gives a more natural finish, which still highlights and gives that little extra to your brow look. I use this almost daily, but would say it's a definite must-have for evening or occasion makeup. High Brow costs £16.50 which is, again, a little steep if you're shopping on a budget but I like to think of this product as an investment! ;)

I shudder at the sight of photos of myself before I saw the light and started to pencil in my brows, but believe that with a little help from Benefit and using products that firstly shape, then define and finally highlight the brows is key to achieving that gorgeous brow-look!

Have you tried any of these Benefit products before?
How do you get your beautiful brows?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

25 comments:

  1. I used to love Benefit Brow Zings. It was the only brow product I used until I got my hands on the Anastasia Dip Brow.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I am desperate to try some of Anastasia's products! xx

      Delete
  2. The Brow Zings kit sounds great! It looks very similar to my ELF eyebrow kit! x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the ELF one too and it's great - but this one is a lot better in my opinion! : ) xx

      Delete
  3. Shock horror but I actually haven't tried any of the Benefit Brow products - eek! Yours always look perfect though so I'll definitely take your recommendations on board! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh they are so good - even if mine are a little messy! Aw thanks hun. : ) xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any Benefit Brow products but I am longing to. I will definitely check them out though.

    Lee | www.wonderringg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should definitely give them a try! : ) xx

      Delete
  5. I really want Gimme Brow. I love how tiny the brush is to really target the hairs! I haven't used Brow Zings but I use Sleeks Brow Kit which I've heard is virtually the same!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gimme Brow is so good! I'm sure you will love it : ) Ooh I haven't tried Sleek's Brow Kit - i'll have to take a look! xx

      Delete
  6. Fab post hun, I have to agree I always love doing my eyebrows and it pains me when my brows grow in-between waxes. I love using Gimme Brow I have to agree it’s definitely a great product and I’m always popping this on my brows. I’ve never actually tried High Brow before but I’m tempted to try the Soap and Glory version first :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i didn't know there was a soap and glory version?! : ) Eek I hate when my brows grow too. Nothing better than fresh brows! xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love brow zings! Haven't tried high brow but really want to! x

    dreaminpink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it?! Ahh, you should try - you'd love it! xx

      Delete
  8. I used to use this, but ran out and couldn't afford to get anymore at the time, so I'm using a similar product from Rimmel. For more special occasions i use MAC.

    Great post :)

    Anna xo

    That Northern Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't heard of the Rimmel product - sounds great though! Eek I love MAC xx

      Delete
  9. I haven't tried any Benefit brow products before but I use Anastasia's brow wiz and also dye my brows with refectocil. I highly recommend it!

    XO, Natalia from www.darlingtrend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Anastasia's brow products! Never heard of Refectocil before - i'll have to look into it xx

      Delete
  10. Use to use benefit all the time for my brows, now I'm a anastasia gal but need to try benefit again!

    Alice | Sheer Beautiful | Bloglovin' x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to be head over heels for Brow Zings, but now I find it wayyyy too orange. But, I am still obsessed with High Brow!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really? It comes out quite dark on me! Maybe it's the different shades we use. I love High Brow too! xx

      Delete
  12. I love this kit! It's the best one x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS