Friday, 31 July 2015

Flying Fashionably with Purple Parking*.

Summer for me is all about going on holiday and I've been very lucky this year. I went away to Cyprus in June with my lovely boyfriend (read all about it here) and in just over two weeks time I will be heading to Santorini for a relaxing week with my mum. I'm super excited, but while I absolutely love going on holiday I personally hate the travelling to and from your destination. I love duty free airport shopping, but hate the constant delays and hate the overnight travelling on a cramped flight. I always opt for a comfortable outfit to help combat these problems, but also like to look my best (beauty blogger probs!), so when Purple Parking* contacted me to see if I would be interested in participating in their 'Flying Fashionably' campaign I jumped at the chance to share my essentials!


First and foremost, comfortable clothes are an absolute necessity. I honestly can't think of anything worse than wearing a tight fitting outfit on a long flight where you have no room to stretch or move, so I always opt for something light and stretchy, or 'flowing', to ensure comfort, but, of course, I like to choose clothes that look great too! 

001. Day dresses are my favourite items to wear on the plane as they are always super comfy and aren't too restricting, plus they are so cute and there is a never-ending plethora to choose from. What's more, when you reach your destination they are light and airy so perfect for the soaring temperatures that hit you as soon as you step off the plane. The one featured is from New Look and is so light and airy!

002. For those of you that prefer something a little warmer (those planes can get so cold!), I love cotton harem pants/joggers. They come in a range of patterns and styles to suit all shapes and sizes, as well as different materials. They are basically sports joggers in a more fashionable form - stylish and practical - what's not to love?! I personally prefer those that have an elasticated waist as they are a lot more comfortable for long journeys. These floral beauties are from River Island.

003. Oversized t-shirts are also great for throwing on and can look really cool and casual. Slogan tees are my favourite. Wear these with legins or some cute and comfy shorts. This Paris style tee is from River Island.

004. Finally, footwear that looks good and feels great is really important. While you will be sat down for the plane journey you'll be on your feet a lot in the airport, whether it's running to catch your flight, exploring the duty free counters, or stood in the check-in queue. I always opt for flat sandals or pumps. These sandals with a teeny platform are from Topshop are really cool yet still comfortable.

005. I also feel like sunglasses are an absolute essential. Firstly, they hide tired eyes; secondly, they look uber cool; thirdly, you can sleep and no one will realise; and lastly, they will be a must-have when reaching your destination and entering the sun's rays! Tiptop have some amazing glasses!

Beauty products are also a necessity in my book (well, I am a beauty blogger after all), and I'm not just talking about my favourite lipsticks! There are so many little products you can take in your hand luggage to keep yourself feeling nice and fresh on your journey. These have to be placed in clear plastic bags and each bottle/product must exceed no more than 100ml and can add up to no more than 1 litre over all. 

006. If you're on a long haul flight or are stopping over at various airports before reaching your final destination then taking some tooth paste and a toothbrush will help you freshen up and feel squeaky clean. 

007. I don't know about you guys, but my hair resembles something of a bird's nest after being on a plane so I always take a hairbrush, some bobby pins and a hair band or clip to throw my hair up as it starts to get a little crazy. A travel mini can of dry shampoo is also great for freshening up those roots whilst on the go, and Batiste is my favourite.

008. Another essential has to be some deodorant and perfume because, let's face it, we all get a little stinky after a long period of being sat in one place. I always buy a perfume in the duty free at the airport and add a little squirt here and there before and after the plane journey.

009. I know a lot of people go makeup free when flying, but I always wear makeup and a plane journey is no exception for me, so to keep my face shine free I take some blotting paper to dab onto my t-zone. This keeps my face looking and feeling clean and fresh!

I think it's really easy to look good and feel even better on a plane and flying fashionably needn't be a chore! Of course, everyone is different but you can get gorgeous, comfy, clothing to wear and some super cute travel minis to keep you feeling fresh that can be thrown in your hand luggage and are ideal for long or short haul flights! Flying fashionably but feeling comfortable can really help to ensure your flight is as fuss-free as possible.

Check out the Hand Luggage Restrictions Table for more information on what you can take on a flight for each individual airline and Purple Parking if you're looking to park your car at the airport when you jet off. 

How do you fly fashionably?
What are your beauty and fashion essentials for flights?
Happy holidays!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* This was a sponsored post.

21 comments:

  1. Eek, lucky you! I hope you have the most wonderful time - I can't wait to see more of your stunning images! You've picked out great essentials! :D

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I'm so excited to go now : ) thanks hun!! xx

      Delete
  2. I want it all! Hope you have an amazing time sweetie! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff! great blog!
    following you<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!!!
    I've just booked a holiday with my boyfriend...yeah it's not til November but I'm saving this post so I can have these tips before we leave!
    Were actually going to Paris, so that oversized tee would be PERFECT for that flight, I might have to make a purchase hehe

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giiiirl, you so have to buy that top just for the plane journey haha! : ) So jell you're off to Paris, I'm dying to go there! xx

      Delete
  5. When i get on a plane i love to wear joggers going but before i get off i change into my nice summer shorts!x
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea Jess! I'm scared of plane toilets incase I get sucked away haha xx

      Delete
  6. Awesome post with some great travelling tips, thanks for sharing!! :)

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! : ) I'm glad you liked it xx

      Delete
  7. I recently went on holiday and have to agree that flying is terrible! I opted for a plain white tee and leggings

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tee and leggings is such a comfy outfit! I hate flights haha - hope you had a lovely holiday! xx

      Delete
  8. Something comfy when flying is an absolute must - especially as I like to scoff a lot on the plane, so need to hide the food baby too ;)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm the same - lots of sweets and a big meal in the airport before hand! xx

      Delete
  9. So beyond jealous of your holiday to Santorini hun, it's going to be SO amazing! So with you on these tips, although I have to admit, I'm a no makeup girl when it comes to flying. Slobbing out all the way for me ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am so excited! I've been reading lots of blog posts on it and can't wait to get away now. Haha, I just wish I could get away with no makeup - I would scare the passengers haha!! xx

      Delete
  10. Ooo lucky that you're jetting off again, hope you have a lovely time! Love all of things you've picked, I think a good day dress for a flight that isn't too long as its pretty comfortable but fashionable too!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. best thing about going on holiday HAS to be the duty free shopping! I'm going to go away with my boyfriend in september and i'm most looking forward to the shopping before hand haha. And you're right, comfy clothes are definitely a necessity for flights! hope you and your mum have a lovely time away! xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's essential to stay comfortable when traveling, we love your airport essentials, especially the shoes, comfort and pretty at the same time! A flying essential we'd add is a travel neck pillow for longer flights!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS