Saturday, 25 July 2015

Lifestyle | 5 Things That Make Me Happy.

Isn't it great to just be happy? I'll be honest and admit I'm one hell of a moaning minnie - especially when I'm tired and hungry - but having a positive outlook on life and just generally enjoying the little things is something blogging has really helped me do. 
Add caption

001. Walks on the beach at sunset
There is nothing I love more than strolling along the beach as the sun sets. There really is something special about being out at twilight, listening to the rolling waves and the distant cry of a squawking gull. Dan and I always go for sunset dog walks and they are probably my favourite thing in the world. We're very fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the country with an array of glorious beaches across the Welsh coast and we always make the most of these. It's something I would have taken for granted back when I was younger, but in the past few years I have grown to really appreciate the beauty that is around me, and I always make the absolute most of it. 

002. Being tucked up in bed on stormy, rainy nights
On the contrary, it's also lovely to snuggle up in bed with fresh sheets and fluffy pyjamas, with candles and fairy lights twinkling, as it pours down outside. I love stormy weather (when I am tucked in bed) and love listening to the sounds of rain hitting the window pane - seriously so relaxing!

003. My boyfriend
Cue embarrassing, soppy, cheesy talk but I'm so glad to have Dan in my life. He's my best friend and we do everything together. I always love spending time with him and especially going on little road trips and adventures. I'm really lucky to have someone who loves me and all my crazy ways like Dan does! <33 (OK - enough of that now haha!)

004. Reaching goals
I'll be the first to admit that I make crazy goals for myself and am super determined when it comes to reaching them. I am often quite hard on myself, but making goals and actually achieving them is one of the best feelings in the world. Whether it's achieving a first class degree in a subject I've always dreamed of, completing a killer work out and pushing myself in terms of fitness, or managing to go one whole day without gorging on cereal I'm happy!

005. Having no plans
In order to achieve my goals I work super hard and often push myself to the extreme. Working, being a student, exercising five times a week and trying to fit a social life in between all this can be exhausting, so days where I can just wake up, sit down and watch television and catch up on blogging without any plans really are my favourite. 

What five things make you happy?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

31 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. I wish I had nice beaches by me - I definitely wouldn't be caught on my local beach at night!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) oh dear! You should visit Wales hehe xx

      Delete
  2. I love that sometimes it's even the small things that can make you the happiest. I wish I lived near a beach because sunset walks would be so cute, I'm also super ambitious so reaching goals is one thing that makes me super happy! I also love the sun and good food x

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think the small things are the best : ) the sun and nice food is the best for me too! xx

      Delete
  3. That photo is gorgeous! Loving this idea of always finding things that make you happy!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kind of posts, partly because I'm nosey (hehe) and partly because I love getting ideas for making myself happy, that kind of thing! I wish I lived closer to the beach, taking a beach walk is one of my favourite things to do! Welsh beaches all look incredible too, would love to see some one day x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to nosing into bloggers' lives haha! You would love Welsh beaches - they are so beautiful : ) xx

      Delete
  5. Love these kind of posts, and I love cuddling in bed during rainy nights!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post and pretty much agree with all of them. There really is nothing better than being cosy in bed when the weather is bad! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely post. I've been feeling down lately, so it's always heartwarming to read a post like this - it reminds you of the little things in life that you are happy for! I also 100% agree with these. It's great to be able to enjoy something but also enjoy the flipside just as much.
    As for cozy nights in, there really is something just magical about being all tucked up in bed as the rain hits the window pane. A beach walk followed by a cozy night in definitely sounds like bliss!
    Oh and as for all your goal-setting, I really do admire your hard work and dedication, you go girlie!
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you love - I hope it's cheered you up a little! I definitely agree. A beach walk and a cosy night is the perfect night for me :) Ohh thank you SO much. What a lovely thing to say hehe xx

      Delete
  8. I totally agree with all of these!
    Being tucked into bed with my boyfriend on stormy nights!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so wish I was able to enjoy nightly walks on the beach! I couldn't agree more about having no plans and also just out of the dryer bed sheets make me so unbelievably happy. :) x

    Kelsey | www.abalancingpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes!! Fresh sheets that are still warm - mmmm. xx

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely post hun, and I'm SO happy that it's not just me that loves sunsets so much, I will literally stare at the sky all night long with a pretty sunset ;) I definitely need some more "do nothing days" too!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Elle, I'm so glad you like it! : ) I'm the same - it seriously makes me so happy haha. xx

      Delete
  11. Awww I love this Jessie! :) I love sunset walks and going to bed whilst it's stormy outside! Both are so relaxing :) and the little bit about your boyfriend is so cute!! It's always lovely to have your boyfriend be your best friend too :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Hazel : ) I'm so glad you liked it. It totally is hehe (even if it was slightly cringe worthy haha!!) xx

      Delete
  12. Snuggling up in bed when it's horrible weather outside is one of my favourite things to do as well :) I love these positive kinds of posts! Xxx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hun - I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! xx

      Delete
  13. sunset beach walks are something I don't do enough, so beautiful! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the weather was nicer to go for more of them! xx

      Delete
  14. This is such a lovely post! Love a beach walk x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love stormy weather when I'm tucked up somehwere warm inside, it is ideal! These happy posts always make me happier too, focusing on the positives is always awesome! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet post. You're so lucky you live so close to the beach!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the perfect post! I'm having a 'down' day today and I could do with writing a post like this myself, remind myself what makes me happy and concentrate on those things to get my mood back up!

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely post! I LOVE snuggling up in bed when the weather's horrible! :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS