Saturday, 18 July 2015

Lifestyle | My Graduation.

When people say that your graduation is one of the best days of your life they really are speaking the truth. I graduated from Cardiff University this week with a First Class Honours degree in Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and it was a truly fantastic day spent with my nearest and dearest. 

With Dan, my Nannie and my Mum
My mum, dad, Dan and I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Cardiff the night before, where we had a lovely meal and spent hours in the gym and swimming pool and spa, and my nan travelled up on the train to Cardiff that morning to celebrate my big day. We all headed over to the City Hall to collect my robes before the graduation ceremony and afterwards we had some champagne and strawberries at my university building before heading to Prezzo for a delicious, celebratory meal. 

With my lovely mum <33


I honestly have never felt prouder than that day. I worked my arse off this year to achieve First Class in all of my modules and also in my dissertation and spent weeks cooped up working with gym classes being my only work break. It was so amazing to finally graduate and to realise that all my hard work paid off. I can't believe I am graduating from one of the top journalism schools in the country!
My nan is the cutest : )
I can't thank my parents enough for the past two days of celebrations and for the past three years for all their support. It's safe to say my uni life was a roller coaster, but boy it felt good to be dressed in that cap and gown ready to shake the Vice Chancellor's hand and to be awarded my degree! And to see all of my class mates being awarded theirs was pretty special too! : ) 
With my parents who have helped me every step of the way
Cardiff has been an absolute blast! What a wonderful three years and I look forward to continuing my studies there next year when I complete my Masters in Magazine Journalism.

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

48 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck for your Masters, although I'm sure you will do brilliantly! You looked lovely as well.

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Hannah! : ) I really hope so! xx

      Delete
  2. congratulation!!!

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge congratulations to you! I wish you all the luck for the future and your masters x

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay big congrats lovely!! Sounds like an awesome day :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on graduating! Hope you had a fab day, you look great!

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) it was a great day! xx

      Delete
  7. Aww, these are such lovely photos! It really is a special day that you don't forget - glad you had a great time! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - very true, I won't ever forget it! : ) xx

      Delete
  8. CONGRATULATION!? I've read your university posts and know it's been difficult for you, but you should totally be proud of yourself!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day, mine felt terribly rushed and stressed (so I've almost blanked it out my memory haha).
    Enjoy your post-gradute life, I'm excited to see what happens next for you :)
    ps. You look BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Sarah xo || See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Sarah - this brought a little tear to my eye haha! Thank you so much : ) so kind of you, and I'm so glad to have gotten through it all! Thank yooooou <333 xx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! You looked really lovely! Well done for getting firsts in all of your modules - I have not achieved that! I'd absolutely love to get a first class degree!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! You can definitely get one - just keep working hard and good luck!! : ) xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely post Jess and once again congratulations on your fantastic achievement xxx

    Eve - haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on passing your degree! Hope you had a lovely day xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for graduating! This will be me next summer hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! How exciting - it's a fab day, I'm sure you will love it! xx

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! Lovely photos! Also, how glamorous is your mum and your nan is really cute!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I've passed the message on to my mum and she's chuffed haha! And yes, my nan is a cutie :D xx

      Delete
  14. Congratulations lovely! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! That is such an incredible accomplishment.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on graduation
    I loved your blog, so that already follow your blog if you can repay?
    My instagran:luanacarvalhoi, reciprocate you there!
    Store links the Twinkle Deals are reliable.
    My blog: http://meuestiloe.blogspot.com.br/
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! You look amazing, these are lovely photos!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Jessie! Phew! It sure felt great to be graduating after many years of studying & burning midnight oils to finish up assignments & preparing for exams etc. The best part for me was when I get to wear the robe and shake hands with the chancellor too. It felt so surreal hehe.

    Btw, I found you through reading Emily’s blog x

    Hana | Bold Expression

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hana - that's such a lovely comment! It really was a surreal experience. Ooh I hope you liked the post! xxx

      Delete
  19. Awww congratulations gorgeous!! :D you looked beautiful and I'm glad you had an amazing day :)

    So pleased for you getting a first, amazing!!

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much : ) such a lovely comment. xxx

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on graduation and good luck for your Masters!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to agree hun graduation is definitely one of the best days you will ever experience. Aw I love the photo of you and your nan. Good luck with your masters beaut

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome day Thank you so much Charlee : ) xxx

      Delete
  22. Congratulations! You work so hard at everything u do deserve all the success in the world xx lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Christina - thank you so much you babe! xxx

      Delete
  23. Congratulations Jessie! You worked so hard and it clearly paid off. Also, how bloody gorgeous and glamorous is Mama Lewis?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhh you look gorgeous! My ceremony is in October and I am absolutely beside myself with excitement - reading this post has just made me wnat to try on my outfit hahah!!! Massive congratulations, you must be over the moon and that really shines through in these photos!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS