Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Review | DIOR Diorskin Star Foundation.

For a little while now I have been on the hunt for a new foundation. Does anyone find that after a while the foundation they love wearing starts to look a little... meh? I had been wearing Bare Minerals and I have always loved it but over the summer months my skin was starting to look a little drab wearing it. I decided it was time for a change, and asked for some recommendations in a recent #bbloggers chat and Christian Dior's Diorskin Star was the foundation of choice! I used a sample product for little over a week and knew instantly that it was love.

Initially I was a little worried about using this foundation. My skin is rather oily and can get quite shiny around the t-zone; I also suffer with blemishes (particularly on my cheeks and chin) so I tend to opt for matte finishes, but Diorskin Star has more of a glowing, dewy finish. This is because it contains illuminating expert techniques, making it Dior's first brightening foundation. To me bright and illuminating often means oily and shiny, but I can honestly say that these problems are a thing of the past with this foundation. I've always envied girls who can rock a dewy glow, and now I can too - yippee

The foundation is very liquidy (is that even a word?) meaning that you need to apply a little at a time, building up layers to achieve a medium coverage which I think is perfect for this time of year. It applies wet but soon sets to give a lovely, glowing finish that emulates that of a makeup artist look, although you do need some concealer for particular problem areas. 

It really does make your skin appear so much brighter and more luminous, but without that added shine. That's what I love about it. It isn't matte and heavy; it's light and airy and gives a gorgeous summer glow, which is caused by colour-filter pigments to neutralise imbalances in the skin - such as redness or dark circles - and hollow silica beads which capture natural light to enhance but without causing shine. Again, I can completely vouch for Dior's claims here as my skin appears so much brighter and I look so much more alert. It's a gorgeous finish and all my worries about looking oily were pushed aside!

Another worry of mine was that the foundation would start to become more oily throughout the day, particularly as I suffer from an oily skin base, but I'm seriously impressed. I wore this for my graduation last week. It was applied at 9am and I didn't take it off until 11pm that night. It still looked flawless without any touch ups - not a shine in sight! I was so pleased with the natural look of it and the fact that it has a fabulous durability. It was a really lovely day that day too, and I was boiling in my cap and gown, but my foundation didn't let me down. I wear a loose powder over the top to set it and add concealer onto my blemishes and under the eyes, but all in all, it's a big thumbs up for Diorskin Star!

One thing I will admit, Diorskin Star isn't cheap at £32.50 for 30ml, but the formula, natural finish and durability of this foundation warrants its hefty price tag in my opinion. It's glossy, high end packaging really reflects its luxurious brand values, and the product itself lives up to its quality roots. For those ladies with oily skin, it seems that I've found a foundation that can give us a warm glow without that pesky shine!

Have you tried this foundation?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

24 comments:

  1. I will have to let me sister know about this foundation, she has oily skin and is looking for a new foundation. Sounds great! Emily x

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know if she picks it up and what she thinks! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like the perfect foundation for me! I love having a luminous base, I'll defo be picking this up for Winter!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will look amazing on you Jasmine : ) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a lovely foundation. The idea of luminous skin without the shine is perfect!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also tried a sample of this foundation and its amazing ! On to buy the full size :)

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have oily skin and always thought this one wouldn't help it at all but i am really impressed it held up well on you! You looked lovely in your graduation photos! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Emma! : ) I'm sure you will love it. Let me know if you give it a try xx

      Delete
  6. I love trying new fondations when using the same all the time you really just need try something new don't you? I love the sound of this! i will have to test this for myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - your skin just gets sick of it after a while haha xx

      Delete
  7. Any foundation that lasts for 14 hours gets a serious thumbs up from me, I definitely need to check this out... sounds amazing! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is awesome - I'm sure you will love it! xx

      Delete
  8. Not for me as I have super dry skin :( I love Dior products though, especially their shadows and polishes x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww have you tried it? I've never tried any other Dior products but am desperate to try now! xx

      Delete
  9. I keep hearing amazing things about this foundation. My friend uses it too and it always looks fab on her! Great post xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it : ) Thank you Nuala! xx

      Delete
  10. This really does sound like a lovely foundation! I'm not sure how it'd perform for me as I have really dry skin, but I'm pleased it works for you :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be fabulous and really hydrating - let me know if you give it a try! xx

      Delete
  11. This foundation does sound incredible! Great to know that it keeps shine at bay since that's usually my problem by the end of the day. Great review xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun - it really is gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  12. Oh wow it sounds like such a lovely foundation! DIOR really do amazing foundations xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried any makeup from DIOR before, but this sounds amazing! I have oily skin too, and always opt for matte foundations so I never get that glow either! I'll definitely have to check this out now, thanks for the great review Jessie x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS