Thursday, 16 July 2015

Review | Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Mulberry 685.

For today’s post I thought I would share with you a new beauty find of mine – a bold and beautiful lipstick - which has become my new summer favourite. If you regularly read my blog you’ll know I’m obsessed with lipsticks and am constantly adding newbies to my ever-growing stash, but I’ve been really impressed with this drug store gem.

Max Factor is a brand that I’m not too familiar with. I’ve used a few of their mascaras over the years but have never really ventured into their lip products and I’m not quite sure why. Whilst out shopping last weekend I picked up this pretty, deep salmon-pink shade and after just a few days of wear its become a firm favourite in my collection.

Firstly, I really like the packaging for the Mulberry Colour Elixir Lipstick. It's £7.99 but looks quite luxurious with its gold finish and imprinted product and I love the mark of the 'X' on the lipstick itself. It gives a really classy edge and is something you don't usually see with drug store lipsticks, although this is probably found on the higher end of the beauty scale.

The shade is gorgeous. It's something that I believe will suit a range of skin tones and hair colours, and can be worn all year round as it's light enough to be worn in spring/summer but still deep enough to rock those black outfits in autumn/winter. This colour is instant and very bold and vibrant. It is also buildable so you can really vamp up your look. I would also say that the durability of this lipstick is really impressive. It stays bold and bright for hours and require little top ups. The swatch below shows the colour perfectly, although it doesn't justify the gorgeous satin finish.
Max Factor's Colour Elixir lipsticks contain skin emollients, conditioners and anti oxidants to nourish and moisturise the lips, which I absolutely love. It keeps your lips super hydrated, so will be great in the summer with heat and in the winter with the cold and wind, and it really cares for them. This moisture is what gives the lipstick its satin finish, and it really is luxurious in my opinion. You'd never guess I paid just £7.99 as it really does rival that of a MAC satin lipstick.

I'm blown away by the quality of Max Factor Colour Elixir in Mulberry and I will definitely be adding more to my collection. Bold, deep pigmentation, a formula that moisturises and looks after you lips, and a long lasting finish? What more could you want?!

Have you tried this lipstick?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Such a stunning shade! I have this lipstick in the shade English Rose i think its called and absolutely love it x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also never tried any of their lipsticks before but I did actually pick one up the other day in the clearance section in Tesco and after reading your review I can't wait to actually use it! xo

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you'll have to let me know what you think of it! : ) xx

      Delete
  3. What if we follow each other? Let me know, sweetie!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♥
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also only ever really tried Max Factor mascaras too, this sounds fab though with it being so hydrating! The colour is gorgeous too.

    India | www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect for the summer : ) thank you India xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't really ventured into MaxFactor's lip products either, I think I have one lipstick from them stashed away somewhere unused though! Love the shade of this, and the packaging is gorgeous - I like the X on the lipstick too! Great review x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you need to use it - I'm sure it will be lush on you! : ) Thanks Emily! xx

      Delete
  6. Fab post, I love the look of the shade Mulberry and I love the name ;) I have to agree it looks so luxurious I definitely need to invest in some more Max Factor as it’s one of those brands I just seem to pass when in Boots.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlee : ) it's a lush name isn't it hehe? Definitely give it a try - although I know you have a million lipsticks in your stash ;) xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried many Max Factor lipsticks either, I'm not really sure why as the ones I do have, I love. I agree re-packaging, they have definitely taken on a more high-end look.

    Barbie Sparkles | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really surprised by how good they are! I love the classy packaging! xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh I absolutely love this colour. True, bright reds don't really work on me so this looks like the perfect bold lip :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous on too! : ) you should defo give it a try hun! xxx

      Delete
  9. Definitely looks a lot more luxurious than its £8 price tag! Gorgeous colour xx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS