Thursday, 9 July 2015

Review | Revlon ColorStay Concealer.

Despite being a huge lover of all high end beauty products I always find myself drawn to the drug stores when looking for concealer. I haven't actually found a high end concealer that exceeds any drug store product yet, so for now I'll be sticking to the budget beauty brands, as they never fail to impress. My most recent buy is Revlon's ColorStay Concealer and after just a few days of usage, it's safe to say I love it. 
The first thing I like about this concealer is the consistency. It's quite thick, thicker than a lot of other concealers I've tried, and has a matte finish which is ideal for someone like myself who has an oily skin type. Dotting the product on blemishes and under the eyes and blending with a concealer brush is effortless and it actually covers the imperfections, which is exactly what a concealer is meant to do, am I right? With some concealers I find that you need a few applications of product to ensure the blemish is completely covered, but with ColorStay it is a totally different story. Just the teeniest amount of product gives a full, matte coverage that is easily blendable to give a natural finish.

I also love the durability of the product. Revlon claims that ColorStay has 'time releasing technology [that] covers imperfections for a continuously flawless look for up to 24 hours' and I would say that this time releasing technology does work to ensure your blemishes stay covered, although its not quite for twenty four hours. I have worn this for a full day in work and would say that after around six hours my skin started to look a little shiny in places, but this could easily be replenished with some blotting and a sweep of powder. All in all it keeps things covered but can become a tad shiny, especially in the hotter, humid weather. 
I'm completely impressed with this concealer. I really love the matte finish and the 'thickness' of the product and it does a fabulous job of concealing those pesky blemishes. The packaging is a tad dull but it is a drug store product, and it's only something that will be flung in my makeup bag so I'm not too concerned about how it looks. It costs £6.99 which is slightly more expensive than other concealers I've tried in the past, but absolutely worth it and still an absolute bargain compared to the £20+ high end concealers. It looks like the ColorStay concealer is a new addiction of mine.

Have you tried the ColorStay concealer from Revlon?
What are your favourite concealers - drug store or high end?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Sounds fab! I've been using the wake me up one but I do find it a bit thin sometimes so think I will have to try this one next! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I was using previously but I agree, it's formula doesn't give the best coverage, although I did really like it! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this as it's great to a have one with a heavier coverage! Need to try this!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good : ) Let me know if you try it! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this but Revlon ColourStay is one of my favourite foundations so I really should!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh the foundation is next on my list!! xx

      Delete
  4. I had this concealer but it didn't really work for my super dry skin :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no - it is quite matte isn't it? I have oily skin so it worked well for me! xx

      Delete
  5. How does it compare to the Maybelline FitMe Concealer? I'm using that one at the minute but would you say this one is better?

    MeEmBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I haven't tried that one before so I can't compare! This one is probably the best drug store concealer I have tried though xx

      Delete
  6. I love this little concealer! Always dab it under my eyes too to brighten them up a little :)

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes it's perfect under the eyes : ) xx

      Delete
  7. I've been on the lookout for a new budget concealer, so I'll definitely have to give this one a go! Great review Jessie x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily : ) it's really good! I love it. xx

      Delete
  8. I've heard alot about this concealer and it sounds fab! I'm after a new budget concealer so this would be next!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defo try it hun, you'll love it! : ) xx

      Delete
  9. I've not tried this but I'm a big fan of ColorStay foundation, so I'm curious to try it now! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foundation is my next purchase! xx

      Delete
  10. I love this concealer, has been in my must-haves kit since long!! Great review <3

    feel free to checkout blogs:
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/
    whatshespotted.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) it's brill isn't it?! xx

      Delete
  11. I've been looking for a good concealer but haven't tried this one yet, might just have to happen! Love that it stays on for a while, I usually find concealer wears off after an hour at the most!

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good and so long lasting : ) I'm sure you'll love it xx

      Delete
  12. I really like the look of this applicator ! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will deffo be adding this to my list of things to try, especially as I have oily skin like you!
    Leah xx

    http://leahclarkie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good concealer :). This one sounds fab.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS