Monday, 20 July 2015

Summer Beauty Favourites.

Am I really writing a post about my summer beauty favourites when it looks like there is a hurricane outside? Seriously, this has to be one of the worst summers, in terms of weather, we have had in years and I am seriously considering moving to London where it always seems to be sunny. (If you love rain, wind and cloud I can't recommend Wales enough!)

For today's post I thought I would pretend I'm back on holiday with beautiful, blue skies and crystal clear waters all around me, and decided to share some of my favourite beauty products for these warmer(?) months!

I bought this a little while back when I was having a serious makeup malfunction and have only just rediscovered it and it's now something I wear on a daily basis. I add a little concealer to cover any blemishes and highlight under the eyes, and then use my Real Techniques Buffer Brush to apply this Face Base all over. It gives a light-medium coverage in my opinion, but is easily buildable to give a gorgeous, natural finish. My favourite thing about it is because it's light so doesn't feel heavy and greasy in hot, humid weather. 

On those sunnier days you don't want to go round with heaps of makeup on your face, but a defined brow is an essential in my book. I always apply my Gimme Brow because it adds a subtle definition to the eyebrows and tapers those stray hairs in place without giving the illusion of an overweight slug. I absolutely adore it and have repurchased the product several times because its not too much but still enough to give that brow some wow!
For me this is the ultimate summer product and I slather myself in the stuff almost every night, especially after a day out in the sun. The product itself contains community fair trade coconut oil which is super moisturising and gives twenty four hour hydration. It helps to enhance your tan and soothe sunburn, it leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and it smells divine. What's not to love?!

Whilst on holiday my hair seriously dries out. The sun, heat, the pool and sea water causes my hair to go into melt down so when I get home I like to really nourish my hair with a moisturising hair treatment to try and get my hair back into shape. I use this once a week and apply Moroccan Oil to the ends of my hair each night to keep my ends feeling lovely and soft.

I desperately try to tan but it's definitely 'fake it till you make it' in my case, as my skin is as pale as can be and just burns if I ever see the sun. To combat this problem I love faking it with St. Moriz as it's so easy to use! I shower and use a body scrub to prep my skin, I apply St. Moriz in circular motions before I go to bed and I wake up the next day with a gorgeous bronze glow. I seriously love the stuff and it lasts for days too, giving a lovely natural look. It also costs £2.99 in Home Bargains, so is perfect for beauty bloggers on a budget. 


Oh, I absolutely adore this scent. It's light, flowery and sweet and it always reminds me of mine and Dan's first holiday abroad together. Plus, the bottle looks gorgeous on my make up dresser. A summery perfume is an essential for me and I love using them in months to come and still being reminded of happy memories. I always purchase a perfume at the airport if I'm going on holiday and whenever I use it it reminds me of the times I've had!



What are your favourite beauty products for the summer?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Haha London can be very deceiving! The Avon hair mask sounds lovely. Have you tried the Maybelline Brow Drama? It's very similar to the Benefit Gimmie Brow.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no, I haven't tried that! I really need to have a look at that as I love Gimme Brow xx

      Delete
  2. Love this post hun, The Body Shop's coconut body butter is just summer in a tub isn't it? So amazing! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it really is summer in a tub!! xx

      Delete
  3. These all sound fantastic. I love the body shop coconut body butter…It smells great!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love St Moriz! I prefer the lotion to the mousse though, I find its wears off more evenly on me! Can't beat it for the price!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite! I haven't actually tried the lotion, but yes the price is amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. Isn't the benefit gimmie brow just a life saviour?!? So quick and easy :) xx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - it's my favourite! xx

      Delete
  6. Everything you've mentioned sounds fab! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS