Monday, 3 August 2015

July 2015 Favourites.

I'm always late to the party when it comes to my monthly favourites. I sit down to catch up on reading my long list of blogs and then suddenly see that everyone is posting their favourites and then it only hits me that it's the end of the month and time to get on with posting about what beauty products I've been loving (and believe me, there are a lot!). 

I've been quite enjoying using these two products this past month, and in August I'm going to try and use them religiously in the hope that I will see some growth in my hair. I have the type of hair that gets to just past my shoulders and then refuses to grow anymore, despite regular trims, not using bleach and limiting the amount of heat I use on my hair. It's so frustrating! Although these don't make my hair feel silky soft, it feels super clean afterwards and the shampoo lathers up really nicely to make me feel as though I'm in a shampoo TV advert. 

A new favourite foundation of mine; it has a great coverage and gives my skin a lovely glow without looking too oily and shiny. I really love the consistency and the yellow tone as it makes me look a little more tanned and has a nice warm tone to it. It does require top ups here and there with powder, but as I have rather oily skin it's great to find a dewy foundation that doesn't make me look like a hot mess! I've gone into a lot more detail in my full review here, but this is a foundation I am sure I will be loving for months to come. 

This classic red shade is a new favourite of mine. It's super bright and pigmented, it is really long wearing and it just makes my lips pop! It's great for the summer as it's so vibrant, and it will also be great in Autumn/Winter and in the lead up to Christmas. A perfect, Hollywood red is a lipstick that no girl can live without, and I urge you guys to try this one. I've done a full review over on British Beauty Addict; check it out here

Another Revlon beauty (I've been loving Revlon this month, in case you haven't noticed) comes in the form of the Colorstay Concealer. I've been experimenting with a very white highlight after watching some YouTube videos and loving the results, and it's safe to say I'm hooked! This has a slightly matte finish, which is great for oily skinned ladies like myself, and even more so as I apply it on the t-zone which is prone to shine. This concealer is fabulous and really great at covering dark circles and even blemishes (although the shade is too light to blend with my foundation in that respect). An all round thumbs up, but there's more information and a full review here. 

Nothing screams summer like strawberry scented bath and body care. The Body Shop strawberry range is my favourite as it smells good enough to eat, with the flavour sinking into your skin so you get wafts of strawberry every time you move - mmm! This shower gel is also really nourishing to the skin, and after usage I find my skin feels luxuriously soft and silky. 

I feel like this is a lipstick that I am really going to love in A/W 2015, simply because of its gorgeous, berry shade and deep finish. It's a lovely deep burgundy with a twist of red, and I bought it to wear on graduation as it was the perfect match to my dress, even though you couldn't even see the dress as it was swamped by my gown. It goes on nice and smoothly, is really pigmented, and lasts really well. I was so impressed with its durability. I had never tried any Urban Decay lipsticks before, and will definitely be trying more after purchasing Shame. Keep your eyes pealed for a review coming very soon!

What were your favourites this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

38 comments:

  1. Glad you mentioned Lee Stafford, I don't think the brand gets enough interest I love their products, never tried this shampoo and conditioner but it sounds fab and just what I need, my hair is the same and refuses to grow, I've found that a tangle teaser helps as it stops a lot of breakage x

    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried some Lee Stafford products before and was quite impressed : ) Although I do prefer Bedhead and Catwalk! Ahh it's so annoying - I'll have to try that too, thanks for the tip! xx

      Delete
  2. Really great products dear, thank you for these beauty tips! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ought to try this Revlon concealer! gorgeous photos
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that the Lee Stafford hair mask for hair that only grows to a certain length is super duper good for growing out your hair!
    That Urband Decay lipstick is to die for, it's gorgeous!
    I love how vibrant your photos are in this post!
    I'm always late with my favourite's too haha oops? But I have been loving soap and glory's Archery, it's a dreammmmm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really need to get my hands on that haha! Thanks so much hun : ) I'm always late haha! Oops!. xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shade of the Urban Decay lipstick, it would be perfect for this autumn and winter!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh wow I am loving all these products - it's posts like this that make me want to go and shop which isn't the best idea hahaha! Lee stafford is such a great brand and with such a variety too! I also really love the lipstick colour, absolutely perfect and something that I'll be using in the autumn as I tend to go for rich shades! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Layla, sorry for the enabling hehe ;) I'm sure it would look gorgeous on you! xx

      Delete
  8. Love that shade of Urban Decay lipstick! Can't wait to see your review! Love the Body Shop shower gels too, they smell amazing!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's gorgeous! My review will be up on Friday xx

      Delete
  9. Ooooo the Urban Decay lippy is a gorgeous shade! can't imagine it would suit me though, but beautiful on you! xx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Hannah, I'm sure it would look gorgeous on you! xx

      Delete
  10. Great mega selection lady!! X
    Please, join my Giveaway from JEXSHOP and choose one item that you would like to win!!
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Urban Decay lipstick looks so scary in the bullet but I bet it's amazing in real life. The Body shop's strawberry scents are always a winner too aren't they :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a swatch in my review post coming up on Friday and it's a lot brighter and lighter :) I bloody love the body shop!! xx

      Delete
  12. I have just picked up my first UD lipstick a couple of weeks ago. I got the shade ‘Streak’ which is a coral and it’s lovely. Not autumn/winter appropriate though... so may need to make another purchase soon!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Streak is so pretty! I bet it looks fab on you : ) I really want to add more shades to my collection now! xx

      Delete
  13. Love the look of the Urban Decay lipstick, can't wait for Autumn to start getting out all the berry-toned lipsticks I own! Thats so annoying about your hair never getting past a certain length, I hope these Lee Stafford goodies help in some way. I also love anything strawberry scented and anything by Revlon at the moment I think they're such good drugstore option :) I'm going to follow you on Intsagram x


    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fab! : ) I am so excited for Autumn too. Thank you lovely xxx

      Delete
  14. Hi, you have a beautiful blog!

    Maybe we can follow each other?

    http://anngrigorieva.blogspot.com

    http://anngrigorieva.blogspot.com

    http://anngrigorieva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can imagine that the body shop body wash would smell so divine! xx

    LIZ| - LOTSOFLOVELIZ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so in love with Urban Decay lipsticks! I have never tried this shade but it looks so gorgeous, i'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it! I recommend Liar and Streak :)

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The body shop shower gel is my favorite too!!! btw loving your blog!!

    kisses,
    Vivien
    www.fiftypairsofshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dior Star has been on my wishlist forever!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS