Sunday, 2 August 2015

July 2015 | Graduations, Day Trips and BBC Wales...

WTF!? It's August! This means that we're almost into Autumn and that 2015 is almost over. I can't believe how fast this year has gone, and it's actually really scary! They do say that time goes faster as you get older and I feel like just blinking means a whole half an hour has passed. They also say that time flies when you're having fun, and this month has surely been a fantastic one!!
1. Days spent with friends and family - I've been quite lucky this month as I've had more spare time thanks to not being in work 24/7, so I've actually had time to spend with my family and friends. As I'm away in university for most of the year it's always nice to unwind and see my family. Plus, my dad came back from his job in Canada for my graduation so it was great to catch up with him too!

2. Dan's Graduation - after three years my boyfriend Dan graduated with a degree in Sports, Health and Exercise Science. We took lots of photos of him in his cap and gown and then headed for a delicious meal in our favourite restaurant with his family. It was such a lovely day and really got me excited for my graduation!

3. Visiting St. David's Cathedral - my primary school was a church in Wales school and every year we would all get on a big bus for a trip to St. David's Cathedral in Pembrokeshire. St. David's is the smallest city in the UK (it's pretty much the size of a tiny village) and on a rainy day this July my mum and I headed there for a day out. It was really nostalgic and a lovely day, despite the gloomy weather. 

4. Spa Day at The Corran - I also got the chance to relax at a local spa this month, which was absolute bliss. My mum and I booked an afternoon deal so we had a two course meal and an hour treatment as well as use of the pool. The food was utterly divine, as was the treatment, and I left feeling completely and utterly refreshed. It was well needed after all the months of stress in my final year at university. 
5. My Graduation - after a long wait the day finally came for my graduation, and what a fabulous day it was! (See more photos here.) My mum, dad, Dan and I headed to Cardiff the night before to stay in the Marriott Hotel which I would highly recommend, and then my nan headed to the city on the train the morning of my graduation (her first time on the train on her own - bless her!). We had the most wonderful day. The graduation ceremony was fabulous and was followed by drinks and strawberries at my university building, before a delicious meal at Prezzo. It was the perfect way to finish a crazy, but awesome, three years at Cardiff University and to celebrate my first class degree!

6. Catching up with friends - having a bit of down time meant I finally had time to catch up with friends. I do tend to keep myself to myself a lot of the time, and I love spending time with Dan and my family so much, but it was lovely to see the girls and spend time with them!

7. Working for BBC Wales at The Royal Welsh Show - for those of you who don't know The Royal Welsh Show is Wales' biggest agricultural show and is one of the most looked forward to events in a Welshman's calendar. I'm no farmer myself, but there are hundreds around Wales, and BBC Wales holds a special highlights television programme each night of the Royal Welsh and I worked on that programme as a runner for the fourth time this year. I absolutely love working at the Royal Welsh, despite the 5am wake up calls for filming at 7am. It's a busy, crazy job but it's like working with a family as everyone is so close and gets on so well. You can watch the programme here on BBC iPlayer.

8. Climbing Pen y Fan - after three years together Dan and I finally ticked off an event on our bucket list this month and we climbed Pen y Fan. It's one of Wales' highest mountains and the views were breathtaking. Seriously beautiful! We then explored the Brecon Beacons and had the most amazing day. Keep your eyes peeled for a blog post next week!

It's safe to say July has been filled with some fantastic days that will become memories for years to come. It was a wonderful month and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Now August is here and this means two of my best friends are returning from their travels and I am also headed to Santorini with my mum! I seriously cannot wait :D 

What did you get up to this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jess! It really sounds like you had a wonderful July. I was talking to your mam about Santorini the other day- when are you going? Bet you're looking forward! xxx

    Eve - haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve - it was really fun! : ) We are going on 18th Aug.. Can't wait now! xxx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have had a fab July! That's so exciting that you were a runner on a tv show. I'd absolutely love to do that.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael : ) It really is so fun!! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely month! Congrats on your graduation! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your bf. Graduating is such an incredible feeling. Ah I had a few jobs as a runner for C5 and boy it wasn't for me! I will have to check out the show.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I'll pass the message on! Ooh that sounds cool - it's a tough job but the team I work with are really chilled and fun so it really helps! : ) xx

      Delete
  5. Time definitely flies! It sounds like you have had so many wonderful experiences this summer.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I have so far, and more to come I hope : ) xx

      Delete
  6. Loved reading this post, aw I bet it was lovely to see your dad then :) Congrats to Dan also for graduating :) It definitely looks like July has been a fab month for you, and Santorini sounds amazing :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so nice : ) I hadn't seen him since before Easter! Thank you Charlee :D xx

      Delete
  7. Aw looks like you've had an amazing month! Saw your blog through instagram and you looked amazing for your graduation.. I can imagine the views from the top of Pen Y Fan being breath taking from the photo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome, thank you hun! : ) It was absolutely stunning! Beautiful : ) xx

      Delete
  8. It sounds like an amazing month for you! Congrats on graduating!!

    x
    www.siobhanlrothwell.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to both you & Dan for graduating and climbing Pen-Y-Fan!
    I was at The Royal Welsh Show on Thursday this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh girl, you've just done so much! And I am still in envy of your holiday you've booked up! Congrats again on graduating (think I have said that about 128543 times now haha). But while I'm in my congratulations mode, say congrats to Dan for me!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you've had an amazing month, congratulations to you and Dan for graduating! I went on the Brecon Mountain Railway in June and we were so lucky with the weather, the views were stunning. I imagine they're just as beautiful from the top of the mountain, if not more so :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for you and your boyfriend for graduating! It's great that you're a runner for a BBC show! I have done a couple of running jobs, however unfortunately nothing paid yet :( fingers crossed for when I finish uni!
    Sam
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS