Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Review | St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse.

I think it's safe to say that, unless you've been constantly on holiday this summer, catching a tan has been almost impossible. Crazy rain and cloudy days has meant it's more likely that I'll be heading out in a woolly jumper and boots than a bikini and flip flops, but that doesn't mean a tan is out of the question! It's all about faking it, till you make it with St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse.
I've tried many fake tans in my time, mostly because I am gifted with my dad's pale Celtic skin, so I've become a self-confessed expert. However, I always seem to be returning to this trusty bargain beauty. A lot of my friends used to wear this and, I'll be honest, I was a tanning snob and would stick to more high end products; that was until I realised that student life means you have to scrimp on your beauty regime and ended up buying this product from B&M Bargains for just £2.99! My expectations were low, but these were quickly abolished and St Moriz is now a regular, and much loved, feature in my beauty regime!

Before tanning I prep my skin with a body scrub (The Body Shop have my favourite collection of scrubs) to exfoliate any dead skin cells, and I also shave my legs to ensure they are silky smooth. This gives a lovely surface for the fake tan to easily absorb into. I then get dry and usually two layers of the mousse (depending on how tanned I already am) by using a tanning mitt and applying in circular motions onto my skin. 

Instantly you will see a lovely bronze hue on the skin, which gradually develops into a deep glow the longer you go before washing it. I like to apply St Moriz the night before a big event to allow it to develop overnight so that the tan reaches its full colour before washing it off the top layer in the shower the following morning. Don't be alarmed when you see orange water running down the drain; only the top layer of tan is washed off which gets rid of any streaks or mishaps (though these are rare as the product seeps nicely into the skin) and the result is a gorgeous, glowing tan that looks super natural and lasts for a good few days, and even up to a week with care. I like to moisturise and just dab my body dry to ensure a longer lasting finish.

The result is a tan that looks so natural I'm often complimented and asked if I've just returned from a sunny get away, when in reality it took eight hours of sleeping in bed to achieve a perfect summer glow. The tan is also really long lasting and I can go a week in between applications and that's with showering once or even twice a day and undergoing intense, sweaty work outs! It fades really nicely and evenly, unlike other tans that can get really patchy and are in need of intense scrubbing to remove. 

The only downside of the tan is that it can get onto your clothes whilst allowing it to sink in over night, so I tend to wear an old baggy t-shirt to bed that I don't mind get ruined. It is easily washed off but just to be safe I wouldn't apply the tan and then go straight out wearing a bright, white dress. Secondly, it does have that distinct "fake tan smell", but I actually really love the smell of fake tan, although I know it's not for everybody!

Overall, it's a wonderful tan, giving a natural finish that lasts, and what's even more amazing is it costs so little! I can't recommend it enough, especially as the weather has been so crap lately! If you're not jetting away next year then fake it with St Moriz - you won't regret it. 

Have you used this tan?
What are your favourite tans?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. This is probably one of my favourite tans, i love the colour it gives and how long the colour lasts too x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long lasting isn't it? It's my favourite : ) xx

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest and say I'm not the biggest fake tan fan, I just think I'm too pale to pull it off, but it was really interesting to read about your routine and go-to product! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everybody but I can't live without it haha! : ) I'm glad you enjoyed it lovely xx

      Delete
  3. I usually use the more expensive tans but same as you I was really impressed with this one and will probably keep on buying it! I'm so milk bottle white this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am tooo! It's really good isn't it : ) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this, it's the only fake tan I buy really. Can't go wrong with the price!

    Pippa | LittleLifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - its such an amazing price. xx

      Delete
  5. Believe it or not, I've never tried this one. I think I'll have to now though!
    Beth xox
    MissBeautyObsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good - you'll love it :D xx

      Delete
  6. I do love a bit of St Moriz - it’s a lot better than some of the more expensive fake tans out there and the mousse is my favourite too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it's such a great quality! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS