Friday, 7 August 2015

Review | Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame.

Anyone else secretly getting excited for Autumn?! Cosy knitwear and chunky boots, cosy nights wrapped up in front of the fire, Bonfire Night and Hallowe'en... and not forgetting gorgeous new makeup collections and lots of berry shades and matte eyeshadow looks. Despite us supposedly being at the height of summer, this gloomy weather has made me really excited for one of my favourite seasons, and today I thought I would share a gorgeous new lip shade which I'm sure will be one of my most-used in AW15. Hey, it may only be August but its always good to be one step ahead of the game, right?!


I have always loved Urban Decay - it is one of my favourite beauty brands - but I had never tried any of their lip products. For my graduation last month I bought a deep red dress and was looking for a lipstick in Debenhams the day before and discovered Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in Shame. Instantly I was annoyed with myself for not having tried any of their lip products before, as they are so beautiful and seriously amazing! 

Shame is a deep plum with a slight red hue and it is fast becoming a new favourite of mine. Rather similar to MAC's Rebel but a little deeper and more gothic, it's got a gorgeous pigmentation giving a really vibrant pop to the lips. Teamed with a smoky eye and a deep contour, it's an absolute winner! I absolutely love the formula of this lipstick too. It glides effortlessly onto the lips, without tugging or having to be dragged, and the colour pay off is instant. Just one sweep is enough, although the colour is build able to really vamp up your look. The formula has a slight sheen to it giving a gorgeous finish. Urban Decay claims that their Revolution Lipsticks contain the brand's Pigment Infusion System, which gives the lipstick its "super creamy texture, insane pigmentation [and] beautiful colour dispersion" and in Shame's case I would have to agree.
I am really impressed with the longevity of the lipstick also. I applied this in the morning before my graduation and didn't reapply until late that afternoon, having eaten and drunk lots of strawberries and champagne. It stayed vibrant all day and didn't bleed into the skin around the lips which is an absolute bonus in my eyes. You know that wearing this, whether its in the day or for a night out, you're guaranteed a flawless finish for a good few hours. What's more, the lipstick doesn't dry out the lips despite its long wearing finish, and this is probably because it contains nourishing ingredients, such as shea butter and jojoba oil, to really moisturise.

To really complete the lipstick, and to uphold its fabulous quality, is the gorgeous packaging. I like how the lipstick is shaped for easy application and how it is contained in a sleek, metallic case which screams quality. It's also really easy to identify in my make up bag, which is a bonus! It costs £15.50 but, as far as pigmentation, intensity, durability and quality is concerned, I am really happy to pay that price. I think Shame is worthy of its high end price tag.

So, if you're on the hunt for a gorgeous lipstick that will be perfect for all occasions this AW, then I can't recommend Shame enough. I'm already lusting over the other shades in the collection... 

Have you tried any of UD's lip products?
Are you looking forward to Autumn makeup?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

27 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for autumn too! Give me jeans, boots and plummy colours any day! This shade is incredible. Am definitely going to pick this up xx

    www.bothandboth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am not the only one! : ) xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous shade for autumn and the quality sounds great, I will have to look up other shades too. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fab! : ) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wowww I love this lipstick! Swatches so gorgeously x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour! I really want to try one of the Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks, they seem to get great reviews!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely - you should try it! xx

      Delete
  5. I am so so excited for Autumn!! This shade is gorgeous x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pull these shades off so well - what a stunning colour! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that shade! I need this in my life! I love Autumn so much, I'm so excited for it to come back. Can't beat some plum lipsticks, chunky knits and lots of hot chocolate!

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beaut isn't it? Defoe give it a try! : ) I'm glad I'm not the only one who's looking forward to it! xx

      Delete
  8. I'm in love with this colour So gorgeous!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! And color is stunning!

    Agne | Classyflow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for Autumn, and Autumn make up, and Autumn clothes...(I think the Barcelona heat has got too much for me!). This looks like such a beautiful colour, and it sounds amazing!! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab post girly! This is such a lovely colour and exactly what I'm looking for when Autumn comes! I really need to try more products from Urban Decay!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is GORGEOUS! I love urban decay revolution lipsticks and I need to add this beautiful shade to my collection!
    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely lipstick. I'm feeling a little obsessed with Urban Decay at the moment. I feel although I've used their eyeshadow palettes for years, I've not really ventured into the brand until now and I have a shopping list the length of my arm!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS