Monday, 17 August 2015

Travel | Duty Free Wishlist.

Eek, boy am I excited to be heading off to Santorini tomorrow! I can't wait to have a week of guaranteed sun and to be lying by a pool with a cocktail in hand after the temperamental weather we've been having in the UK recently. Another thing I am super excited for is to get my hands on some beauty products in the duty free. Unfortunately, when I went away with Dan in June we had to queue for over two hours to check in due to technical difficulties so we only had time to grab a sandwich and run to the loo before boarding our flight. This time, however, I'll be going for gold when scouring the beauty counters!

Every time I go away on holiday I love treating myself to a new perfume. I wear it throughout the week away and then whenever I smell it in years to come I am reminded of my holiday abroad. The fragrance that has caught my eye this year is Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs. I love the Daisy range anyway, because of the gorgeous floral scents and, of course, the stunning bottles. This bottle will look so cute on my vanity table and the perfume smells gorgeous too!

I absolutely love watching YouTube videos and beauty tutorials and often see beauty vloggers using cream contours to create gorgeous makeup looks. I like using my Sleek Cream Contour Palette but the Chubby Stick looks so easy to use as you can just draw onto your face and then blend with a beauty blender. It's also oil free so I think it will be great to wear on holiday under the heat and humidity. 

Bare Minerals is one of my favourite beauty brands - I absolutely love their mineral powders and have used them for years - so a foundation created by these beauty geniuses that offers a fuller coverage and blends a foundation with serum to cover and nourish the skin sounds like something I need to try. It also has an SPF20 so will be perfect on my summer holiday!

If you're a regular reader of my blog you will know how much I love this fabulous skincare range. I am absolutely obsessed and using it has really helped to get my oily skin under control. It's combatted my acne and blemishes and has made me feel so much more confident. I don't actually mind showing my bare face whilst on holiday now. My current products are starting to run out so I'll have to pick up these on holiday to replenish my stash!

I have wanted to try some of these beautiful lipsticks for quite some time now. Just look at the packaging! I haven't seen another lipstick that looks as pretty as this. I have read various reviews by some amazing bloggers on how fabulous the quality of these lipsticks are, which, along with the packaging, justifies the rather hefty price tag. There's not one particular shade I'm after and I think I'll be spending the two hours in the departure lounge swatching every shade!

A few weeks ago I had my makeup done at the Dior counter at my local Debenhams and they used this gorgeous loose powder to set my liquid foundation. It gave my skin a fabulous glow but it was still nice and light with a matte finish to ensure that my skin didn't look oily and greasy. I particularly loved that it combined luminosity with a matte finish to get the best of both worlds. I loved how this looked on my skin and think it would be perfect for Autumn/Winter as it will keep my base looking bright whilst hydrating and protecting from the elements.

Unfortunately, due to being a student due to start a masters in September without a student loan I won't be able to go too wild, but if I had all the money in the world these are the products I would get my hands on. For now though, help me out and decide which ones should be priority!

What products would you buy in duty free?
Do you have any recommendations?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

30 comments:

  1. I swear by that Clinique Blemish solutions, it helped keep my skin at bay. Great picks.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My skin has improved so much by using it! Thank you Jenn : ) xx

      Delete
  2. Eek Santorini sounds heavenly, gorgeous wishlist. I love the Clinique Chubby contour stick and would definitely recommend as it’s so easy to use :) Make sure you get the £5 voucher also off a £70 spend :)

    Charlee CharmedCharlee | XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited - thank you Charlee! : ) Ahh you babe, you and your beauty bargains forever helping me out! ;) Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I want everything you have mentioned! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Em you were supposed to help me whittle it down ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping to buy the clinique contour chubby stick when i go to florence in September, also might eye up the Estee Lauder lipsticks!

    Writing Possibility

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm desperate to get my hands on it! xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you have an amazing time, it's gorgeous there!!! I have a post with a few things to do there if you're stuck!

    I didn't even think about duty free things, I'm heading away in a couple of days so I'll definitely have a wander now you've reminded me

    x
    www.siobhanrothwell.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siobhan, I'll have a read now! : ) Ooh you'll have to pick up some beauties xx

      Delete
  6. Check out the new Daisy Dream Forever because the scent lasts longer as it's an EDP! Enjoy your hols! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a great tip - thanks for sharing xx

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping to get Daisy Dream soon, it looks and smells amazing!!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does - it's just so pretty! xx

      Delete
  8. I adore my YSL lipstick, I struggled so much when I had to choose a shade. Make sure you arrive 5 hours early so you can swatch them all! The Clinique Blemish Solutions range sounds really great too! Have a lovely time in Santorini!

    Becki, xo | www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're heading out super early so hopefully we will have plenty of time haha. Which shade did you go for? Thank you Becki : ) xx

      Delete
  9. I really want to try the Bare Minerals, I am a bit of a sucker for them!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just love their products - so kind to the skin. xx

      Delete
  10. I love the scent of Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisy dream is a great pick, It's my favourite scent I own! Have a fab holiday. Love your blog!xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lucy : ) so glad you like it! And I will definitely be picking up Daisy Dream. xx

      Delete
  12. Eeek yay holidays!! :D I'm dying to visit Santorini. Can't wait to see your pics!

    I couldn't really justify the expense of the Clinique contour sticks, but I got my hands on the No.7 highlighter stick and OH MAMA. So good. And a fraction of the Clinique price as well! :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for letting me know - will be great for me on a budget this year with my student life!! Thanks hun, I'll be posting constantly I'm sure! xx

      Delete
  13. Great wishlist! Hope you have fun in Santorini!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in the same situation while going to Rhodes, we literally had 20 minutes after the check in the ques were ridiculous. Have a lovely time.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh that's a lovely wishlist! I do love a bit of Duty Free shopping. If I was you I'd probably get the fragrance as well as a YSL lipstick - the packaging is so pretty!
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a little duty free splurge :) I bought the Rose de Chloe perfume and some Estee Lauder products when I was last in Duty Free-best feeling ever! Have an amazing holiday Santorini looks absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS