Monday, 7 September 2015

August 2015 | Santorini, Sunshine and Student Housing.

Once again August has been another crazy month with lots going on and lots to write about here. I find it quite crazy that we're already into September, but I do really love this time of year when the leaves start to fall from the trees and the nights start drawing in. Plus, Autumn/Winter fashion is lush and I've already added a couple of key pieces to my wardrobe! However, lets take one last look at the summer sunshine (not that we had much of it!) before delving straight into the next season. 
1. Family time. 
With it being the summer holidays I finally got time to spend with my family, whom I talk to pretty much every day but rarely get the chance to see when I'm away in university. I love my family more than anything, and we are all really close so it was great to spend time with them over the past few weeks. We went for day trips to the beach and it was also my mum's birthday so I took her out for food in one of our favourite restaurants in Tenby. It kinda sucks that I start uni in two weeks and won't have as much time to see them again.

2. Nights out with friends. 
I also spent time with my friends over the last month which was really nice, and it meant getting dressed up for the occasion too in both glamorous party dresses and even fancy dress! Some of my friends came back from their travels so I got to spend time with them and I also made new friends with the girls I will be living with next year which was really lovely. I'll admit that often I spend so much time in my own little bubble, caught up with university work and other commitments, that I don't see the girls as often as I should, so it was nice to have time to spend with them this month.

3. Beach walks. 
As many of you know, I love a good walk along the beach. There really is nothing better and I've been getting my beach fix this past month before the Autumn rain arrives and I head away to the city. I just love living in the countryside with the beautiful scenery, fresh air and peace and quiet. Me and Dan took our dogs for walks there and went running too which was lovely. I sometimes think we should be an elderly couple, as we always find ourselves heading out for a walk than out for drinks!

4. Student housing.
A rather stressful time but one that has (thankfully) panned out rather nicely. I met some lovely ladies whom I will be sharing a house with for my MA year at Cardiff University, which is both equally exciting and scary. I will be living with new people in a new house and, while I am nervous, I'm really looking forward to moving in. The past weekend has been spent sorting things, shopping and moving everything around ready for the big move this week. I've also been looking at my university timetable and have a lot to do in just the induction week so getting the house sorted and making my room homely and cosy is paramount at the moment! Keep your eyes peeled for lots of home decor posts in the next week or so!

5. Santorini.
And saving the best until last, I went on the most wonderful holiday to Santorini, a place which I have always wanted to visit and one that did not disappoint. It's truly beautiful and I felt blessed and so grateful to have been able to visit there. I won't babble on too much about it as I have written posts about my time away both here and here. Be sure to check them out as there are some beautiful photos that I want to share with you all. 

So all in all a rather busy August, but one where I got to spend time with loved ones, visit a beautiful new part of the world and get things set up for my future. It's all very exciting! Now I'm looking forward to starting my MA and meeting some fabulous people along the way. 

What di you get up to in August?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, I still can't get over how perfect Santorini looks. August looks like it's been a great month for you lady, family time is so important too.. always makes me so happy!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I miss it so much. It's so beautiful there! And I agree, the best times are with family : ) xx

      Delete
  2. Santo-bloody-rini! I can't go anywhere without hearing about it, i think it's a sign i have to go, I just visited Lake como, have you been? It's absolutely stunning, i'm just going to check out your santorini post now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach walks... Urhhhh I cannot wait for my holiday to Kos in October.

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your August sounds absolutely amazing! Family time, nights out and Santorini! It seems as if everyone went there the past month except me, ah. Anyway, I'm wishing you all the best for Cardiff (funny that I was supposed to go to the university, actually, haha) and a wonderful September! <3

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have had an awesome month! Santorini looks so gorgeous, I really need to go!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your instagram diary!!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww it looks like you’ve had such a fab August hun :) I wish I lived close to a beach so I could just go down there but my closest beach is around an hour and a bit away :( Santorini looks heavenly and been super jealous of your picks!

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, looks like a great month!

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS