Sunday, 20 September 2015

FOTD | Aztec Red.

I've been feeling a little meh about my blog lately. I felt as though I was just churning out posts for the sake of it, with no little passion or drive, so I decided to get back to my roots and mix things up a little. I decided that there were a variety of posts I wanted to feature and one of these was makeup looks. As a beauty blogger, I want to "practice what I preach" so to speak by showing the beauty products I wear and how. I always think it's good to see the products a blogger reviews actually in the flesh, and I hope you like them too!
Last Wednesday I headed out for food and drinks with the girls for my friend's birthday and decided to get glammed up with a makeup look to match my aztec style top from River Island and statement necklace from Primark. If there's one thing I love about going out it's doing my makeup, and this was no exception. I went for smoky eyes, a subtle contour and a deep red lip!

BASE
After doing my ritual skincare regime with my favourite Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions range, I apply DiorSkin Star Foundation all over the face with a Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge. I like to apply two layer of this to really get a good coverage, and I sponge it on all over the face before leaving a little time for it to set. I then add some Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on problem areas to conceal and under the eyes to highlight. This is then set with some DiorSkin Nude Air Compact Powder, which works brilliantly with the foundation to create a dewy, glowing finish. 

BLUSH & BRONZE
As I was only going for a casual night out I kept the contouring to a minimum. A makeup look is not complete without contouring my face, but I only applied a little Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder on the temples, hollows of my cheeks and chin and neck - gotta conceal that double chin - as I wanted to keep the look quite natural. I then added a pop of colour with my favourite blush, MAC's Peachykeen.

BROWS
Lately, I've really been liking a more natural brow. I'm kind of over the course brow and am opting for a brow gel and pencil instead of the whole wax and powder combo I used to reach for. I always like to set the brows with Benefit's Gimme Brow, as it really keeps my hairs in place and makes the brows more defined and full. Then I smoothly run over the top with a Rimmel London Brow Pencil, to fill any areas that look a little weak. To really highlight my natural brow look I dot a tiny bit of Benefit's High Brow, before spreading it out on the brow bone with my fingers. This really opens and brightens the eyes. 

EYES
For eyeshadow I used my Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay to create a soft smoky eye. I applied Tease all over the eyelid and into the eye socket to create the base, before buffing a little Busted right on the outer corners of the eyes and under the lower lash line. I also added some Snakebite around the edge of the eyes to really vamp up the look. Then I layered on some Clinique High Impact Mascara and finished off the look with a sleek winged liner using Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner on the eyelid, and Urban Decay's Perversion Eyeliner on the waterline. 

LIPS
And the final touches come in the form of this bold, statement lip. I lined the lips with Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Ultimate and finished off with an Autumn/Winter favourite, Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick in Shame.

And there we have it - the finished look!
What do you think? 
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Jessie! Wish I could rock a red lip, too scared!! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hun, love your blog and can’t wait to see more makeup looks :) I love the eye look you have created and Shame looks like such a gorgeous shade :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely : ) very kind of you! xx

      Delete
  3. I think we can all relate to feeling like we need to blog just for the sake of keeping things up. It's good to take a break for a while, or go back to talking about things you really enjoy, and I can definitely see that in this post!

    My favorite thing about your look is definitely the red lip! It's so classic and never over used!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! That really means a lot : ) I think it's important to write quality, rather than quantity, pieces. xx

      Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

      Delete
  4. Awwwww girl you're so beaut! Your eyes are amazing! Looking fab - plus everyone goes through those 'meh' stages, just take a step back and you'll soon get back into it in your own time!

    Much love, Robyn xo
    www.phasesofrobyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog post !!!.. I love your blog and your design it beautiful !!!! keep up the good work !!

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    NewVideo
    come say hi

    have a wonderful day

    Jadexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful look! You amazing with this deep red lippy, it brings out the colour of your eyes! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS