Friday, 18 September 2015

Insta Style #5 | Gingham Tomb Raider.

It's official, summer is over and Autumn is most definitely here! In this past week the weather has dramatically changed and, with any hopes of an Indian summer being dashed after the torrential rain we've been graced with this week, I've already packed up my summer clothes and dug out my scarves and boots ready for the season ahead. 

I love Autumn/Winter fashion, and for many reasons too. Firstly, you can pretty much wear black all day, every day, and get away with it. Secondly, I just love gorgeous boots and cosy coats. And lastly, tartan and gingham prints are out in full force! And that's just the look I went for last weekend. 

Top | Miss Selfridge (similar)
Leggings | Miss Selfridge (similar)
Boots | New Look

For work on Sundays I like to be comfy and casual, so this is the outfit I came up with. I love this high neck top from Miss Selfridge as it's quite funky and I like that it's longer with a slit along the seamed sides. I'm so done with crop tops now as showing your mid-riff in winter is bloody freezing, and this is the time of year where we indulge, so it's nice to be covered a little more. 

I then opted for these funky dogtooth leggings which are seriously comfy, and some boots and a little bling to finish off the look. I also styled my hair in a French plait and, I believe, this is what made me feel a little like Lara Croft, except I was going to work in retail, not take part in any deadly challenges. The worst I encountered was a transaction which took almost an hour to complete, so I guess it was a serious challenge in that respect!

What do you think of this look?
What are your favourite A/W styles?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Yep, I am done with crop tops too until next year haha. I love the dogtooth leggings, I've got a tartan pair similar to that from Miss Selfridge and I got so much wear out of them last year. I think it's time I got a new pair? ;) x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So over it haha! Thank you lovely - I have tartan ones too hehe! xx

      Delete
  2. When i saw this pic i did think Lara Croft too! In a good way! Love the whole outfit x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave | My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I love these! I don't think I'd be able to pull them off though!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing this on your Instagram and loving it! Yay for black outfits and love the splash of dog tooth print!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awn thanks Karen! :D Love love love the black outfits haha! xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the leggings, they're really cool! Perfectly paired with everything else - love the outfit! :)

    Lisa x
    lisakristinx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! They're the comfiest leggings ever haha! xx

      Delete
  6. In love with those boots, they are right up my street! Looking lovely!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun - I love them.. so comfy! xo

      Delete
  7. Statement necklaces always bring an outfit together, you look super chic! I work in retail as well and i wish i could wear my own clothes but instead i have to wear a uniform which is so hard to make look cute!

    Dana || Fashion Dew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! : ) the only good thing about uniform is not worrying about what to wear to work haha! xx

      Delete
  8. Love this look hun, I agree autumn fashion is just amazing and I can’t wait to start sporting tartan again :) Your leggings are so cute and I love how they’ve been teamed :) I will be looking for leggings again in Miss Selfridge as I found they did some great ones last year - thick as well :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS