Saturday, 12 September 2015

Review | DIOR DiorSkin Nude Air Pressed Powder.

When I first started wearing makeup, many moons ago, I would slap on some foundation and a bit of bronzer and be ready for the day. A few hours later I would look in the mirror and see how blotchy and patchy the foundation had become (admittedly I was investing my hard-earned Saturday waitressing pennies into Dream Matte Mousse), and now one of the most important products in my beauty regime is a trusty powder. 
 The benefits of applying a powder on top of a liquid foundation are plentiful. It sets your liquid makeup, creates a lovely flawless finish and, especially for oily skin types, will help to prevent that super shiny look. I am always on the hunt for a new powder to add to my collection for these reasons and the next on my list was the DiorSkin Nude Air Pressed Powder. I finally picked it up in the airport on the way to Santorini and it's safe to say I have been loving it ever since!

Firstly, the packaging is so pretty. The compact powder comes in a gorgeous metallic case with a small buffing brush which is perfect for travelling. I love how the name of the product - Nude Air - is indented into the powder to add a supreme, quality finish. Dior is a brand renowned for its luxurious products with a touch of elegance and I would have to say that the look of the product certainly lives up to expectations.
The powder has a really soft, almost creamy, feel to it which I absolutely love. I apply in circular motions, all over my face with a buffing brush, and it goes on smoothly and evenly, building an almost invisible layer that not only sets my foundation but compliments it nicely. It feels really light on the skin giving the illusion of an airbrushed finish and it really is like "air", allowing the skin to breathe without getting clogged up and oxidising throughout the day. I think its impressive ingredients, which include sweet orange extract and vitamins and minerals, help to create this soft and light consistency.

Despite the lightness of the product it really has a fabulous coverage and I find that I can apply a little concealer on problem areas and then sweep Nude Air all over my face to achieve a light-medium coverage, which is really long lasting. This also aids in keeping my skin clear as the product is a lot lighter and kinder to the skin than a heavy liquid foundation. On days where I need a fuller coverage I apply my liquid foundation all over and use this to set it and complete the look. My foundation is kept nicely in place and requires very little touch ups, although I do sometimes have to apply more on my T-zone which can get quite shiny after a few hours.
I'm really impressed with this product and am rather glad I splurged on the £35 price tag as it's a product that will last me ages and will be worn on a daily basis. It creates a lovely finish which lasts and I can go out and feel confident that my face won't look oily or streaky after a few hours of wearing it. I also love that you get a free mini brush included in the price. I've had a nosey online and was shocked to see that some of Dior's face and powder brushes cost in excess of £40, so having this little freebie is great, though I do prefer to use a larger buffing brush for first application and this one for touch ups.

I would definitely recommend DiorSkin Nude Air Compact Powder.
Have you tried any Dior products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. This looks so luxurious I think I'd be too scared to use it! Sounds amazing though :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had quite a few Dior products and they never fail to impress me :)

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I think I'd be too afraid to use it! I agree, the brush is a fab additional touch!
    Oh and I didn't cringe when thinking back to *those* dream matte mousse days...nope, not. at. all...

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use it for a week as it was too pretty haha - but then I caved and now I use it daily! Haha, oh those were the days!! xx

      Delete
  4. A good powder is amazing - and this one sounds fantastic. I am always impressed with Dior products!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is so beautiful! I've only recently started to try Dior products & am really loving the Airflash foundation & Maximizer lip gloss. They are pricey, but worth it. Great that a little brush comes with it too xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) love the sound of the lip gloss! Definitely agree - they're worth the price xx

      Delete
  6. That packaging really is something! I think the mirrored backing really amps up the luxury feel. I have some Dior moisturizer that is absolutely amazing! It comes in this matte glass bottle, and feels so good to hold as well.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree that the mirrored makes it look really high quality! Oh I love the sound of that. I haven't looked at their skincare yet xx

      Delete
  7. the packaging is just beautiful. never tried any dior products so i might have to.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks so stunning, I adore the metallic casing and love that it comes with a small buffing brush :) This sounds perfect as I love a powder that keeps oil at bay and that it’s light :) Fab review hun

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? SO pretty! You'll have to try this one Charlee! xo

      Delete
  9. That's such a pretty powder, Dior never fail to impress me with their packaging.

    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS