Thursday, 24 September 2015

Review | Laguna Back and Neck Massage at Park Plaza Cardiff.*

A few weeks ago I was invited (along with a plus one) to attend a spa treatment at the Park Plaza Hotel in Cardiff, and let's say it was a very welcomed invitation. Planning the move back to Cardiff and trying to sort everything for my masters year at university was getting very hectic and my usual stressy self was desperately needing some time out, so I couldn't wait to relax and de-stress. My mum and I booked to have the Laguna Back and Neck Massage, and off we headed for a little day time treat. 

I have never actually been to the Park Plaza Hotel before, despite being in close proximity many a time on student nights out in Cardiff, and I was really impressed with how lavish and luxurious it was on entry. We were directed upstairs to the health and fitness suite and were greeted by a lovely male receptionist, who showed us to the spa and provided us with some health forms to fill out. I always like having these forms as it ensures the therapists have your best interests in mind and know exactly why you're at the spa and if there are any problem areas that needed to be treated/avoided during the treatment. 
The spa reception area itself was really nice; it was dimly lit with twinkly music and lots of comfy chairs to really set you at ease before the treatment. We each met our respective therapists, who were very nice and friendly, and were shown into the treatment rooms where we changed and hopped onto the bed ready for our Laguna Back and Neck Massage. Again the room was dimly lit with a bed, a chair for placing your clothes and an area for the therapists to prepare products et cetera. 

The treatment itself was wonderful and included a range of product types to really invigorate and rejuvenate. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to the therapist about the products used in the treatment as it ended and we were shown out quite quickly, but I have been informed that they included a Japanese Camilla Oil (which smelled bloody gorgeous),  Devil's Mint Scrub which was applied all over the back and shoulders to really scrub and exfoliate, and an Instant Refreshing Gel to complete the treatment. These are Elemis products, which is a brand I have experienced before and have been very impressed with. I particularly liked the use of the scrub as it made my skin feel so tingly and refreshed!
 My therapist - whom I believe was called Christina - worked my back and shoulders with lots of care, ensuring that the pressure was comfortable for me and that I was relaxed throughout. I am one of those people who likes to just lie there like a sloth when having a massage, so it was perfect as I could just drift off into a dream world. She really concentrated on the areas around my shoulder blades too, which were full of knots and tension, and I left feeling content and relaxed.

The treatment itself was booked in for twenty five minutes and it lasted just a little under that. We were offered a glass of water on finishing and then changed and were shown out. This was the only downfall as it would have been nice to be offered a shower after treatments considering we were full of oil and products, and it also would have been nice to have a chance to unwind afterwards. After lying in a dark room for so long, I felt quite disoriented being back out in the daylight so suddenly. However, I'm sure this would be possible had we asked; I know that the Park Plaza Hotel does offer these facilities, so I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue as the staff were all lovely.

On a whole the treatment was fab and my skin felt soft and rejuvenated afterwards. The Park Plaza Hotel offers a lot of spa getaways and breaks so if you're looking for somewhere to really unwind right in the centre of Wales' capital city then definitely check it out.

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* This treatment was provided by Park Plaza Hotel.
Pictures also courtesy of Park Plaza Hotel.

16 comments:

  1. Fab post hun, it looks like you had such an amazing time! :) I know what you mean as sometimes you do want the chance to wind down or have a shower as I hate the feeling of oil left over on my skin.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely : ) Yeah it would have been nice to do that afterwards, especially as we still had some shopping to do haha! xx

      Delete
  2. This just reminds me that I really need to go for a massage! They are so ideal to unwind and relax, definitely needed! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a gorgeous spa, lucky you! I have never visited a spa, or had a massage for that matter but I definitely think I need to pop along to my nearest spa for one. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) You should definitely book yourself in for a treatment! xx

      Delete
  4. Ugh god this looks and sounds dreamy, great review lovely!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks beautiful there! I'm jealous!x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing, no, perfect, right now! I love the park plaza hotels and who could ever turn down a massage? Fab post girl!

    Elle
    ww.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A massage sounds like a pretty amazing thing to be invited along to, so good for you! I've never actually had a professional one.. think I need to sort this out! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! : ) You definitely do - it's amazing and you will feel so good afterwards. xx

      Delete
  8. This place looks gorgeous 👌🏼
    Stunning photographs as well.

    bowsandfitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks incredible, and it's not too far from where my parent's live - I'll definitely bookmark this post :)

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS