Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Review | Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Perfume.

There's nothing like a gorgeous perfume to bring back memories of the past. It's quite amazing how our senses are so in tune with our memories, and I always love to buy a perfume when I jet off on holiday to remind myself of the fabulous times I have there. My most recent purchase was Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream because not only does it smell gorgeous, but it looks soooo pretty too! I absolutely love Marc Jacobs' Daisy range. The scents are light and floral and the bottles always look lovely on your dressing table so I couldn't wait to try Daisy Dream, which is the newest edition. 

Whereas the original Daisy perfume has quite a cool scent with lots of strawberry, jasmine and violet, Daisy Dream has a richer, possibly sweeter, smell that I adore. This is due to the combination of fragrance notes, which include fruity top and heart notes such as blackberry, grapefruit, pear and lychee, teamed with sweeter, cooler base notes like musks, white woods and coconut water. This sweet fragrance is great because it works perfectly for the summer and through into early autumn, so I'll be sure to keep spritzing it as the months go by.

The longevity of this fragrance is brilliant. I spray some on in the morning, on my wrists, neck and behind the ears, and it sinks really nicely into the skin to ensure that the flowery scent lasts all day. It's fresh and light, without being over powering which is what I love about it, and I've had lots of compliments about how lovely I smell. (This is always nice haha!)

Finally, the packaging is just beautiful. I think I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite perfume bottles as I just love the white daisies mixed with a baby blue backdrop and the pretty bottle top with its little floral details. It looks so pretty on my dressing table! This perfume costs around £50 (it varies in shops) for 50ml so it is more of a luxury purchase, but definitely worth the hefty price tag IMO.

Have you tried this perfume?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

27 comments:

  1. Gah, when will Marc Jacobs stop?! My poor bank balance....but no regrets - I totally need this!!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know haha! It's amazing - you need to try! xx

      Delete
  2. I've only tried the original but this scent sounds right up my street! Love a pretty bottle for the dressing table too!!

    M xx

    The CSI Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - the bottle is the best thing haha! : ) xx

      Delete
  3. Fab review hun, I have to agree the packaging is so pretty but saying that, I love MJ fragrances for that reason haha. I love the sound of this scent as I’m a big fan of strawberry and jasmine notes :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Same, they just make your dressing table look so pretty! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this fragrance & the never version is even more long lasting, although slightly sweeter but if you like this one, you would love Daisy Dream Forever so have a sniff next time you see it! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely look into that one next time : ) xx

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I love any of the Marc Jacobs fragrances, always something special! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard nothing but amazing things about Marc Jacobs perfumes, so next time I visit a store where they have this one, I will make sure I check it out!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all lovely and the bottles are so pretty! : ) xx

      Delete
  7. I love the original 'Daisy' perfume and have been wanting to get my hands on this one for a while! It sounds amazing:) xxx

    Eve - haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! Definitely recommend if you like the original : ) xx

      Delete
  8. I looove this fragrance! It is totally my summer/spring scent, so gorgeous x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it too Jasmin - I love it! xx

      Delete
  9. Every time I smell this I love it! Definitely will be my next purchase.

    Alisha x
    www.beautywithalisha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boyfriend bought me Daisy Dream last year for my birthday, and it's still a favourite to this very day :). I'm actually trying out the Daisy Dream Forever at the moment - which surprisingly comes in a similar bottle x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I saw that one too but liked this bottle a little more as it's rounder haha : ) Is it as nice as this one? xx

      Delete
  11. This is such a classic fragrance isn't it, I've asked so many people what they're wearing for them to answer this and for good reason, it's stunning. Fab in depth review lovely, and totally with you on the packaging. Amazing!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Elle, such a lovely comment! : ) The packaging is my favourite. xx

      Delete
  12. The packaging on this is just beautiful! Thanks for doing such an in depth review - defo want to try this fragrance soon :)

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the decor of the bottle but Marc Jacobs perfumes to always look very pretty. I've not tried it but I have wanted to. Great review.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this perfume. I'm in love with the whole daisy range of perfumes...I need them all in my life. My brother actually brought me this perfume as a gift for my graduation last year. So the scent reminds me both of him (now he's moved away it's a nice sentiment) and it also reminds me of my graduation day.
    This has kind of gathered dust on my shelf lately... going to get it back out and use it throughout autumn now :)

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looooove this perfume, it's so pretty and light. All of the Marc Jacobs perfumes are gorgeous.

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving this perfume lately, it smells beautiful and the bottle is so cute!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS