Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Review | YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Ultimate Beige.

I did it. I finally caved and splurged on possibly the most beautifully packaged lipstick to grace the beauty industry, and boy am I happy I did. I've had my eye on the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick range for months so I finally picked one up whilst in the airport en route to Santorini last month as a post-graduation treat, and it's been a lipstick I've worn almost daily since.

Despite there being an array of shades ranging from bold and bright to deep and dark, I chose the gorgeous "Ultimate Beige" and absolutely love it. It's a lovely, subtle nude which has a slightly pinkier tone in my opinion, but it gives a perfectly natural finish that works well throughout the year. I can see myself wearing this in both the summer and throughout Autumn/Winter with both day time and evening makeup looks. It's just so wearable and versatile.
The pigmentation is really impressive actually as it really packs a punch, and it also has a slight glossy finish which I absolutely love. This is caused by the lipstick's nutri-complexive vegetal complex which gives it a really luxurious feel and keeps your lips feeling soft and moisturised, while also giving the illusion of "plumped up" lips - Kylie Jenner style. The shade itself is quite similar to my favourite lipstick, Topshop's "Mink" which has sadly been discontinued, so I was thrilled to find something so similar, which looks so fabulous too. I think it's also important to mention that this lipstick smells and tastes like fruity watermelon, which is a bonus! It certainly beats the strong, chemical smell of many lipsticks.

One thing I often worry with glossier lipsticks is that the wearability will be quite poor and that it will quickly disappear and/or need constant reapplication, but this is not the case with this YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick. I often go without reapplying whilst in work and I'm pleased to say the colour pay off is still there, although admittedly it fades a little. However, it is rather impressive for a lipstick with such a sheer finish. I would say if you're out eating and drinking then you will need to reapply quite often to achieve a fuller, more solid pigmentation.

Now let's get onto the important bit - the packaging! If this isn't a beauty blogger's dream product then I don't know what is. Firstly, it's beautiful, bold and gold with the YSL logo carved around the tube and it even has a mirrored top for application on the go - what's not to love? I believe the packaging is worthy of the hefty £26 price tag alone, as it's so pretty and definitely a lipstick that could be proudly displayed on your dressing table. It certainly emulates the high-end, quality status of this renowned French beauty brand.

I'm so pleased I splurged on this product, though it is a lipstick that I would only buy as a really special treat as it is super expensive, and not one that could be bought on a student budget. However, I am really happy I bought it and I will continue to lust after the rest of the range. Not only do Rouge Volupte Lipsticks look gorgeous in your makeup bag or on your dresser, but it's gorgeous on the lips too. I am in love with it and am already eyeing up other shades to add to my luxury beauty wishlist.

Have you tried any YSL lipsticks?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

35 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a swatch of this. And YSL packaging is just beautiful!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely! I'm hoping to post a makeup look with it soon so will let you know so you can see it : ) xx

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! You did right to splurge on such a versatile shade :) The watermelon scent sounds gorgeous, I have one of the glosses which has a slight watermelon scent, but I bet this is stronger :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be better to splurge on one I can wear constantly haha. It really is lovely : ) love fruity glosses! xx

      Delete
  3. I have the same one, really pretty <3

    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent't tried any high end lipstick yet, mainly because I'm only just getting started to venture into the world of lipsticks - but if I ever treat myself to a high end one, it'll definitely be a YSL! :)

    Lisa x
    lisakristinx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should definitely try these and MAC lipsticks are amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. love that color! xxx



    www.stylestockholm.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is actually my ideal shade! I can just imagine how gorgeous it would be with this formula ahhh! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review! Love the shade♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that is such a gorgeous shade! I have two of these lipsticks and the packaging is so stunning xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is just beautiful! I want to get my hands on more now : ) xx

      Delete
  9. I have this shade! I need to wear it more.
    Bet it looks so nice on you
    xx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do you have it too? : ) Thank you lovely! xo

      Delete
  10. If I was in the mood for splurging I would definitely get this! It looks like the ideal nude as most are too beigey for me :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the pinkier tone helps! : ) xx

      Delete
  11. I really want to splurge on one of these, they just sound incredible :) this shade is absolutely stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous - defo worth the splurge! xx

      Delete
  12. That color is seriously sooo pretty- I need that asap!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been seeing this one all over for a while and am craving to get my hands on it (solely for the packaging) but I don't know if I can part with nearly $26 for a lipstick alone! Whatever the case, the product sounds like a dream! I often have problem with constant reapplication, and it's great that this one does not disappoint there. Ahh, I need it in my collection!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is just BEAUT! It's amazing but it's so expensive - worth it though! xx

      Delete
  14. That packaging is incredible, and I love the shade! This product looks simply divine. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That color is absolutely gorgeous! I really want to get into YSL lipsticks now. I have only tried the Volupte tint oil so far

    Alicia | www.betweenthepearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhhh this is b e a u t i f u l! i have as peachy coral ysl lipstick which i adore, but it doesnt get much wear in the colder months - i'd love to get my hands on a nude shade like this to wear all year round!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in love :) beautiful shade

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS