Thursday, 15 October 2015

Insta Style #6 | Fashion Repeats.

One of my favourite things to do on a weekend is to go for a shopping spree with my mam. I always work weekends and have done for the past six years (time is going way too quickly for my liking!), so having a Saturday off really is bliss. 

Last weekend my mum and I went out for the day and I decided to dress up for the occasion. I love Autumn as it's time to pull your cosy coats and chunky boots out from the back of the wardrobe. Last weekend's outfit was no exception!

I love wearing bight colours but in the Autumn I always opt for dark shades and lots of black. I wore my favourite new tribal print top from River Island with a bold statement necklace and black skinnies and boots. I was going to wear my leather jacket until I looked in my mum's wardrobe and realised she had a black faux fur gilet - exactly like the one I was planning on buying!

I grabbed it immediately and waltzed downstairs to show my mum and she told me that this fur gilet is at least twenty-five years old. She bought it well before I was born and has kept it ever since. That's the best thing about fashion repeating itself, you can re-wear vintage clothes and give them a whole new look and edge!

What do you think of this outfit?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous River Island top and that bag I gorgeous!

    http://www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the RI top, the gilet goes perfect with it! It's so funny how fashion comes back in style, my mam has a fur coat that she got with her first pay cheque back in the day and she gave it to me last year :)

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle :) aww thats such a lovely thing to do! Really special then xx

      Delete
  3. The fur gilet is so nice! Love it when things come back round in fashion!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking beautiful as ever
    love that gilet and bag :)

    www.chanellejade.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks girly, i hope you're well! <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely outfit Jessie. I especially like the top your wearing. Autumn/winter fashion has definitely become my favorite!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia : ) it's mine too hehe! xx

      Delete
  6. oh my what a stunning outfit! I was never too keen on my mothers fashion sense growing up...not sure I'd find anything to re-wear in her wardrobe haha

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww I'm quite lucky that my mum has still got a lot of her clothes and they're quite funky haha! : ) thank you lovely lady xxx

      Delete
  7. Obsessed with that gilet omg! *checks my mums wardrobe* - love this outfit!

    Robyn / www.phasesofrobyn.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! The tribal top is so pretty x

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern of your top <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your necklace is beautiful, i love it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this outfit! That river island top is gorgeous and perfect for this time of year! I know what you mean about fashion repeating itself! I've nabbed a couple things from my mum's wardrobe over the years haha!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really do rock that outfit!! Perfect for going to a club/concert or evening interview band/artist!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking gorgeous hun - this is such a beautiful outfit, you really look lovely and it's perfect for all occasions, dress it up or down - beautiful! :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous outfit, the colours suit you so well:) love the gilet, cannot believe its 25 years old!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bag is amazing!!!! I've been looking for one like that for a while now - love the tassles. Xx

    ladyofshine.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS