Saturday, 3 October 2015

My Everyday Make-Up Routine.

I am one of these girls who loves getting glammed up on a daily basis. For me makeup is something that I love doing for myself and I always feel really good when I have my makeup on point. Who doesn't?! For evening occasions I love experimenting with bold colours on the lips and deep, smoky eyeshadows, but in the day I tend to keep it nude and neutral with subtle eyeshadows and a sleek, nude lip.
B A S E - I always apply a liquid foundation such as DiorSkin Star all over the face and build it up with a make up sponge and foundation brush. I like to wear a medium coverage in the day; one that covers any blemishes and gives an all round full complexion. I target any particularly sneaky blemishes with some concealer (currently using: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer) and set the base with a powder to ensure there is a matte finish that lasts. My favourite is DiorSkin Nude Air Compact for it's quality finish that gives a dewy look but keeps oils at bay.

C H E E K S - I add a subtle contour in the day - just enough to give my face a flush of colour and to emphasise my (non-existant) cheekbones - and for this I love Bobbi Brown's Bronzer. It is a gorgeous, natural shade to give a subtle finish. I then buff on a pop of colour with MAC's Peachykeen blush. 

E Y E S - I like to keep it natural on an everyday basis so applying some MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara, which I do like to build to give a little volume. There's nothing better than a good mascara to really open and widen the eyes, especially in those early mornings after the night before. I apply a subtle shade of eyeshadows from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and this varies from day to day, but it's a palette I use on a daily basis and just love. I finish the look off with some subtle liner - Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip liner on the eyelid, and Urban Decay Perversion liner along the waterline.

B R O W S - I used to love a strong Scouse brow, but now I'm trying to channel a more natural-looking brow and for this I use my trusty Benefit's Gimme Brow. I love that it is buildable as it clings to your natural brow hairs and still gives a gorgeous looking finish. I add a little Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil to fill in any gaps and to really define the shape. Then I emphasise the arch with Benefit's High Brow.


L I P S - Finally, for the finishing touches - the lips. I know I should really keep my YSL Volupte Shine lipstick for those special occasions but it's just so pretty that I can't help wearing it on an every day basis. It's just so glossy and gives a gorgeous pigmentation. 

What's your everyday makeup routine?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. That MAC blusher is such a gorgeous colour!! I love my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette too, literally use it everyday! xxx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a compact powder and this makes me want the dior one because it looks so pretty.
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try the Benefit Gimme Brow everyone seems to rave about it x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also use the Dior Star foundation on an everyday basis! That lipstick looks gorgeous x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that concealer too, and the blusher is such a pretty colour.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful products! I love the Naked 2 palette!

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great products! Doing my makeup everyday is something I enjoy doing too!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was immediately drawn to Mac's peachykeen as a massive Mac blush hoarder, I love the look of this one, definitely next on my list! Need to try that foundation too, sounds amazing!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used a Mac blush and I really want to try this one! I don't really wear blush much at all but I feel like I need to get on the bandwagon...

    Robyn xo
    www.phasesofrobyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the sound of the Dior foundation. Such a nice selection of makeup!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, all of your makeup products sound so luxurious!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS