Sunday, 18 October 2015

My Favourite Things About Autumn.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a post like this and to share some autumnal pictures. Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year. I tend to like the transitional seasons a lot more as they're so pretty and colourful, but the feeling of autumn is so nice. Often I feel like it's a fresh start, and a time to really appreciate the beauty of the world around you.

1. Autumn sunshine
There's nothing better than going for a walk in the crisp, autumn sunshine and in the past few weeks I've experienced some gorgeous sunsets that even rival those of the ones I saw in Santorini. I love how the sun makes autumn look even more magical, illuminating the bright leaves on the trees against the sky. I think because the sun goes away earlier at this time of the year it really makes up for lost time and puts on a huge show before it sets each morning. 

2. Cosy clothes
Thick scarves, snuggly coats, winter boots - the list is endless. I'm absolutely loving autumn fashion this year, particularly high necked jumpers and funky A-line mini skirts with boots and warm tights. There's just so much I want to buy at the moment and my bank balance isn't thanking me for it. 
3. Walks in the countryside
You can tell I'm a countryside girl as, for me, there's nothing I love more than heading out into the country in the autumn weather and going for a long walk and seeing all the pretty trees and leaves. Dan and I went for a long walk this weekend in Bute Park, a massive park with rivers, trees and fields in the centre of Cardiff, and it was so nice to get the countryside feeling when I'm in the middle of a city. That's one thing I truly miss about home is being away from the lush green fields and woods and beaches at this time of year. 

4. Dark nights
I know lots of people hate when the nights start drawing in but I love how cosy it is. I absolutely love getting in and putting on my pyjamas and snuggling up in front of the fire to watch some telly. It is kind of depressing when you wake up so early and it's still dark outside, but as the nights start getting darker it makes me excited for Hallowe'en, Bonfire Night and Christmas!
5. Autumnal events
And that's another of my favourite things about autumn.. There are so many exciting events to be had. Hallowe'en is always fun and I love getting dressed up for nights out with friends, but my favourite night has to be Bonfire Night. In my town we have a huge get together, with a massive display at the local park. When I was younger we would always go to my nan's house and she would make party food and, as her house is on a hill overlooking the town centre, we would all sit and watch the fireworks together. I just love it and have so many happy memories of that night.

What are your favourite things about Autumn?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Autumn sunshine and dark nights! My favourite.

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photography! Lovely blog you have

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post I absolutely love Autumn too. Today went for a walk around our local country park and got some lovely photos. Can't wait to do a post..

    Yay for Autumn xxx

    Emilyldn.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun : ) ooh link me up when you've done it - I would love to have a read! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Autumn events especially bonfire night as the smell of bonfires is one of my favourites.

    Asia xx
    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've definitely summed up the things I love about autumn in 5 sweet points. I went for an autumnal walk with the dog today! It was lovely, you really can't beat a walk in the fresh, crisp air surrounded with autumnal hues of golden leaves. Oh and I'll definitely join you with the cosy clothes...like you, as much as I love this season's trend my bank balance certainly doesn't!
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Tamsin! <33 I really love walks with the dogs in this weather. Mine go crazy in all the leaves haha. xx

      Delete
  6. great pictures ! I love Autumn with Winter so I am loving this post obviously :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Marie! : ) so happy you liked the post. xx

      Delete
  7. I love all these things too, cozy clothes are just the best! Along with big boots and scarves. I do love the run up to Christmas, it's starting to feel slightly festive already!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love big boots and chunky scarves! Me too, although I think shops should hold back from festive decor until after Hallowe'en at least haha xx

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this post. Cozy clothes are one of my favourite things about this time of year as well. There is nothing like putting on your sweats and curling up on the couch!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! : ) I totally agree. xx

      Delete
  9. Autumn days and nights, cozy sweaters and blankets, lighting candles in the evening, comfort foods and hot chocolate/tea/apple cider, beauty of colors in the woods, chimney smoke, and the view of the Blueridge Mountains here in Virginia !!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - I bet the USA is beautiful in the fall. xx

      Delete
  10. I love the cosy clothes, the countryside walks but I am one of those people who can't get to grips with the dark nights. Whilst I love nothing more than putting my pjs on and snuggling up - I definitely need more sunlight!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do start to miss it after a while! I just like being all snuggled up! : ) xx

      Delete
  11. I love autumn, gorgeous photos!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS