Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Review | MUR Ultra Brush and Contour Palette in Hot Spice

When it comes to blush and contouring I use a variety of different products for my face. There are highlighters, bronzers, powders and colour blushes, and this means lots of products taking up lots of space in my makeup bag. Cue the Ultra Brush and Contour Palette from Makeup Revolution

I've seen a lot of pictures of these floating around on the beauty blogosphere lately, and when I was last having a nosy in my local Superdrug I decided it was time to give the palette a go for myself. Anything to make my morning routine a little less stressful!

The first thing I noticed was the price. This is usually one of the last things that crosses my mind as often I find myself looking at something, seeing how pretty the product looks, and then I'm at the till handing over my hard-earned cash in the blink of an eye. I know that MUR offers super affordable makeup, and I was amazed to see this palette costs just £6! With eight different shades that works out at under fifty pence per colour, and this is insane compared to the usual price I pay for a shade of blush. 

The packaging is simple in a sleek black case. It comes with a compact mirror and the shades are displayed in a gradient and my goodness do they look pretty. They range from darker browns for conjuring to pretty pink flushes and shimmery highlighting beauties at the end. You really can use the whole lot without having to use any other contour/highlighting products - though I do still use a liquid concealer to highlight and brighten under the eyes. 

I'll be honest and say that for the price I wasn't sure what to expect. I've used MUR in the past though and have always been really impressed by it, so I was hoping for high quality applications from this palette, and I wasn't disappointed. The products are so pigmented that you literally have to sweep your brush on your desired shade and then apply it onto the cheeks or face in swift brush strokes. Usually I find that you have to build up product on the face, but that's not the case here and that's great, though you should be careful not to apply too much as you don't want to look to pink and rosy!

All in all, it's a huge thumbs up for MUR once again. I seriously love this brand. It's so high quality yet has price tags that means us students can look flawless and still have enough money to do the weekly shop. 

Have you tried this palette?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

27 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've heard of this palette, but the shades in it are so beautiful! I think the colouring of it may be a bit too dark for me to cotour with but the blushes are so pink and pretty - especially the baked ones. Lovely review :) x
    Charlotte's Road // Beauty, Fashion + Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! Yeah they are quite dark so great for nights out etc! The pinks are so pretty :) xx

      Delete
  2. This pallete sounds amazing ! And it looks so pretty.
    Xoxo

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this palette in the more pinky shade and I just adore it,.
    The colour pay off for the price is SO impressive.
    Make Up Revolution just cannot do anything wrong in my eyes,
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so impressed with the pigmentation - couldn't believe it for such a cheap palette! xx

      Delete
  4. Still yet to buy anything from MR, I'm desperate for an eyeshadow palette (still) but this looks good - I've never attempted contouring and I don't wear blush or anything (I know I suck at make-up). I just love how cheap their stuff is!

    Robyn / www.phasesofrobyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw the eyeshadow palettes are awesome too! You should give this a go as its so cheap so great for experimenting ;) xx

      Delete
  5. This palette looks gorgeous, how have I not heard about this sooner?! I'm off into town tomorrow and have my eyes on another MR palette so I will definitely have a search for this too. Your picture of it is beautiful also. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It's so pretty isn't it :) let me know if you find it and thank you for your lovely comment. xx

      Delete
  6. This palette looks perfect! So many great shades to choose from!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally can't get over how amazing MUR are, I recently picked up a eyebrow pencil that completely rivals my high end ones. Love the look of this palette hun, such pretty colours and so reasonable!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! So amazing! I'll have to look at their brow pencils and mine are wearing away. Thanks lovely : ) such lush colours! xx

      Delete
  8. I've been debating the Sugar and Spice blush palette for a while now. After reading this I think I'll have to pick one up this weekend! Great review. :)

    Gem. x | slightgem.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice ! lovely photos ^^

    Win TWO pair of awesome shoes on http://benemgn.com/concours-•-giveaway-win-2-pairs-of-public-desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post <3
    www.ufbytaryn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried this brand but I love the blush color options to help build a blush look!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just did a review on this palette myself because I absolutely love it! Great post.

    - Darcy Victoria
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS